• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Germany] [Custom] Necronia ❂ Open-Beta Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Server Port
Client Protocol
I've been enjoying the brief moments I've been playing so far, the only thing that bugs me is that the first town feels so crowded. It's like the map is overdone with all the details, borders and especially the floor changes all around. I would've liked to see a simple town to start off in, since you're pretty much forced to be there for the time being.

We've received such comments before and we've toned down a lot of details that used to be there before. However, what might further impact your judgement is the presence of snow that was added during the christmas event. Once the snow is removed, it should feel clear(er). Cheers.

Is there any way to change your class faster then the 4 day cooldown?
I changed to spellcaster because my necro wasn't working good with the lag but now that i see the the lag is fixed and they buffed necro i really want to test necromancer again :(

When i install it it says necronia exe not found
As described in some previous posts on the thread, just press 'Ok' / 'Finish' if any errors pop up and open the client, it will work.

Is there any way to change your class faster then the 4 day cooldown?
I changed to spellcaster because my necro wasn't working good with the lag but now that i see the the lag is fixed and they buffed necro i really want to test necromancer again :(

No way to change, that's why it was implemented in the first place, to stop people from changing non stop. If you made a decision to change, stick to it, at least for 4 days, and when that passes you can switch back over to Necromancer. The vocation is currently getting a huge rework anyway, so whatever you tested now wouldn't matter since a lot of spells will be different and/or removed after the rework.

You guys should make a twitter, it's easier to post status updates like server crashed, etc on there rather then spamming on facebook or on here.
Got a twitter, but not interested in posting on too many website, it's already a hassle. Besides, most of the people I know around here don't even use twitter. :\ Thanks for the suggestion tho.

(...)
No way to change, that's why it was implemented in the first place, to stop people from changing non stop. If you made a decision to change, stick to it, at least for 4 days, and when that passes you can switch back over to Necromancer. The vocation is currently getting a huge rework anyway, so whatever you tested now wouldn't matter since a lot of spells will be different and/or removed after the rework.
(...)

Glad to hear that, because I'm playing as necro and right now I find it difficult to enjoy, so I hope the changes will make me stick to this class.

Also, I have a suggestion about how the passive could work. I think it would be better to make necromancer have one constantly summoned minion (it would spawn on login as a Bonewalker) and Necromancy (the passive) would make him stronger for a certain amount of time (similarly to how it works right now) instead of summoning new minions. It wouldn't require as much computing power as having 10 minions following you and attacking mobs, after killing a group of rats and it wouldn't make so much crowd in party hunts. Necromancer's minions don't tank anyway so there's no difference if it would be just one strong minion or 10 weak ones. Also, it would require a different formula of minion attack because it would have to check how strong the killed monster was (the same way it's working right now) and increase our minion's attack by X for Y seconds, rather than change it into a "stronger" minion, because I doubt killing 2 rats to upgrade our minion into "Lifeless" would be balanced, and not upgrading the minion at all would suck as well. It could change his form from "Bonewalker" to "Lifeless" or any other form (if the killed monster gives your minion enough attack power) after the current "strength" reaches a certain level.

I'm also not sure about the 30 seconds power up time, because sometimes I can't find another mob on spawn in that time and my minion just despawns before attacking anything, maybe making the summon accumulate the power and having a spell/action to "release" it when needed would be a good idea?

Last edited:
server down?
VmWxmlK.png

You have promised Shiva :(

I did and I did check the thing, sorry that I haven't updated it yet because it requires a trickier rework than I thought. That weapon is using a custom script and apparently the damage is not calculated right in it, I'll have to dig up the proper formula for damage before I can change that. I will do that soon, I have it on my to-do list, but I need some more time because a lot is going on and I started working on some other changes so I want to finish that first.

On east exit theres a path that leads to a broken tree. Go past it and theres a "hidden" hole. Once you go down you can't go back.
Help, I'm stuck

In game: Wamasa

On east exit theres a path that leads to a broken tree. Go past it and theres a "hidden" hole. Once you go down you can't go back.
Help, I'm stuck

In game: Wamasa

You're not stuck, you just don't know how to get out. A quick hint is where did you see one of the things around you last, and what did you do to get past it?

You're not stuck, you just don't know how to get out. A quick hint is where did you see one of the things around you last, and what did you do to get past it?
I cut down a tree, entered from south west sqm. When I go UP it goes north SQM and theres no south west because it is blocked.

Unstuck doesnt work for this case. Someone teleport me ffs.

I've been enjoying the brief moments I've been playing so far, the only thing that bugs me is that the first town feels so crowded. It's like the map is overdone with all the details, borders and especially the floor changes all around. I would've liked to see a simple town to start off in, since you're pretty much forced to be there for the time being.
The main land is 5000x better :d, it's well worth it plus you can leave whenever so just grind out 5 quests!

The server is down right?

Where i can make suggestions?

The main land is 5000x better :d, it's well worth it plus you can leave whenever so just grind out 5 quests!

Exactly, there are plenty of things to do in mainland. You can either start a quest or ask npc's for "help". This will grant you a real rpg-feeling and at the end you'll be rewarded with stuff, experience and gold. #Conqueriaftw #iamaconquerian

We've received such comments before and we've toned down a lot of details that used to be there before. However, what might further impact your judgement is the presence of snow that was added during the christmas event. Once the snow is removed, it should feel clear(er). Cheers.

Perhaps so, I hope that's the case since it could cause some people to quit. As for it getting better on the mainland, I'll take your word for that @Snizzle Snap. The problem is that it's annoying at the start instead of later on, where you have the choice whether to go to a certain city or not. Here you're pretty much forced to stay until you're allowed to go to the main continent.

The client data file (client.wyc) failed to open.

Full details:

Die Datei "C:\Users\Almedin\Desktop\1.190\iuclient.iuc" konnte nicht gefunden werden

First i get this error, then i press on finish and the client opens.
Then the next problem starts.

Ive been playing for the last 2 days and suddenly i cant log into any of my chars anymore, i get to the charlist and it just freezes the client, when i wait for it to unfreeze i get back to my charlist once its unfroze, when i try to login again it freezes forever.
Also if i try to log into another char after the initial freeze it tells me that i can only login with a single char at a time.

I tried everything in the FAQ, deleting the files in the OTclient folder, deleting the necronia folder and client i had but it doesnt help at all. Please help me out here since the *contact us* button on your page just redirects me to the FAQ...

Could you upload a normal rar file, not the extracter that i get when i click on it on the download page...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back