• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

I could possible launch MasterCores 7.4, but I need signs

GunCraft

Reaction score
The latest weeks I've found out some people want MasterCores back, and by interest I wanted to see how many were interested.

Taken from my GunCraft homepage, link: http://gun-craft.com/?subtopic=mastercores
GunCraft -Homepage said:
MasterCores was a very popular 7.4 server that used a 7.7 client but with 7.4 graphics.
The game had peaks at far over 500 players and the best part, No botters!

The game have several anti-bot measures that made detecting botters very easy!
Didn't matter if it was auto-aim, spell caster or cave-botter!

The server was also had a very custom experience stages, all monsters gave 1x experience, but you needed a lot less to gain a level.

I happen to have came across a full release of the game and by checking the files, they were edited last time in March 2012, including a database for it with thousands of accounts on it.
I have by curiosity test-run the game and tested it features and they're working very well, thou I find some systems could be lighter by some code-changes.

mastercores_return.jpg

What could I do?
I could re-make the server using the MC sources and lighten the game up and make it more smooth by removing some script bugs and similar.
I could make the security higher by a lot of changes(seems this server didn't have highsecurity, found lots of website weaknesses)
And last, I could run it on a dedicated server connected with 1 000 Mb/s internet in/out.
And with my skills in programming I see no actual hard work on this, I just need some time.

If I would launch it, I'd make sure it would be online 24/7 with strong internet on a strong dedicated. (Europe then, I'm not a big fan of US hosts, prices, terms etc..)
However, my opinion might change depending on the demands from the community (the side with most people simply wins, as always).

So my question for you people, would my effort be worth it? would you actually play the game?
Would you love me to do it?!

if so, sign it and we check votes!
If you add email address, I will notify you per mail if this "project" gets real!
And I will mail you if there's an start date! so you wont miss it!

I've said to others that I will start the work on MasterCores when the signs on GunCraft homepage reaches 200.

Some of the great feedback I've gotten from my idea with this:
Yo GunCraft, just start working on it, it will be a hit for sure.

The server is awesome. Seeing what you have done with GunCraft, the server will be in great hands.

Sign here:
http://gun-craft.com/?subtopic=mastercores

It's optimal to leave mail address, the reason I let people add it if they want, is to alert people once something is happening :)

I would like it to come up.

Altho as I said before idk why my post got deleted but i dont think many people are visiting discussion board nor gun-craft.com.

This was the first time i visit discussion board

The latest weeks I've found out some people want MasterCores back, and by interest I wanted to see how many were interested.

Taken from my GunCraft homepage, link: http://gun-craft.com/?subtopic=mastercores

I've said to others that I will start the work on MasterCores when the signs on GunCraft homepage reaches 200.

Some of the great feedback I've gotten from my idea with this:

Sign here:
http://gun-craft.com/?subtopic=mastercores

It's optimal to leave mail address, the reason I let people add it if they want, is to alert people once something is happening :)

it won't be an 'instant' success. idk you or if you even have the files, but reputation/popular contributes greatly to the success of your OT

Sure thing!

Some notes:

*You can't shoot runes/bolts/move objects or do anyhing while running <- You seem good so you'd probably be able to fix this script.

*don't open it while another oldschool server is online (except for tibianic lowrate obv, it's always online), it's more often than not no oldschool servers up and running so this wouldn't be a difficult task.

I would love to see this happend. As I'm not good with anything but playing (if even that ;)). I will happily be helping out with testing or anything I can.

it won't be an 'instant' success. idk you or if you even have the files, but reputation/popular contributes greatly to the success of your OT

From an antibot file (the broadcast part of bot-deletion):
broadcastMessage(18, ":".. getPlayerName(player1.uid) .." [lvl: ".. getPlayerLevel(player1.uid) .."]: have been detected for using illegal software and have been permanently removed from the game!")

Client picture:
5oi4ad.jpg

Part of map:
23rtks1.jpg

More proof than that I can't prove without expose what's behind the scene of the game :(
Next proof is when it's actually launched and you can login.

Everyone has the MasterCores files you moron, do you realize Erik put in commands to shut down the server and make himself an admin whenever he wants?

You better not be using the distro from his download link.

bump :)
30 signs so for (1 sign per IP)
if you signed, tell your friends about it and spread it around :)

I agree, MasterCores was a great server in its time.. However, times have changed. Do you really believe this 7.4 server can compete with the newer servers now a days? Look at all of the others... They failed.

Back
Top Bottom