• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Mortal Origins - Tibia reloaded

SeeingBlue

Reaction score
Years ago when OTserv first became big, I remember running one of the first servers that had rune & ranged attacks. I got into OTserv because I wanted a game more tailored to my liking probably like the rest of you. Well now years have gone by without being satisfied by any of the MMORPGs out there so I finally decided to build my own. I found an awesome game engine that was very easy to work with, wasn't anything like Tibia but with a little work here & there I am slowly shaping this game to be what I wish Tibia still was.

I have called it Mortal Origins & it is still under development. I have came a long ways & don't plan on stopping but I believe the time has come to show my work to the public & ask for any volunteers that feel the same way as I do & wish to help build their own tailor made MMO. I have been keeping track of my progress on a Facebook group with the help of a few friends. You can find it here, https://www.facebook.com/groups/mortalorigins/, but it's a closed group & you won't see much so I'm about to share it with you here.

Mortal Origins is a MMORPG with a Terraria/Minecraft twist. Our goal is a 2D Pseudo Isometric Sprite based mmorpg where players will have no level, only attributes & skill proficiencies, thus encouraging cooperative play that will drive a lively community.

Players will have the option between Mining, Logging, Hunting, Fishing, & Gathering. They can choose between one or all of these. These actions will increase the player's attributes, Strength, Agility, Endurance, Intelligence, & Willpower, respectively. In return players will be allowed to craft weapons, build wooden stuff(Need ideas for wood crafting), tailor fur & leather clothing, mix potions & anti-dotes, and more.

Done Features List:

Convert food into Heal-over-Time -Done Food heals over time instead of instant.
Disable Auto-Regen -Done Players will not regen vitals when out of combat.
Change game controls. -Done LeftClick = Target & Pickup Item, Ctrl activates attack.
Targeted PVP enabled. -Done Players must select target in PVP
Auto-attack added. -Done Players continuously attack until stopped or lose target.
Lose target when dead -Done & off-screen. -Done Players & NPCs lose target & stop attacking if their target is to far off screen.
Stop players from attacking & using resources simultaneously. -Done If players have a target he can not use a resource. Must lose target first.
Allow players to deselect target. -Done Players can use Escape to lose target & stop attack.
Npcs Open shops when used. -Done. Players can "attack" NPC Shopkeepers to open shop.
Create crafting station. -Done. Resources can now serve as stations & open shops for rudimentary crafting.
Incorporate Recipes. -Done. Recipes are now required to craft.
Turn directions without moving. -Done. Use Shift + Direction arrow to change directions.
GUI Change. -Done. More to come.
Buy multiple items from shops. -Done. Hold shift while making a purchase will prompt you.
Add EQ slots. -Done EQ slots range from Dress, Hair, Helmet, Weapons, Armor, Shield, Legs, Boots, & 4 Acc. slots.

Features To do List:

Add exp pool for attributes.
Disable levels & convert to action based.
Display food icon & duration timer. Test code implemented but unused.
Random resource spawning/Make exhausted resource spawns walkable.
Add weight cap.

Like I said the game is still under development but the options are seemingly unlimited at this point. Anything above is subject to debate & change. I'm am very exited about this project & I hope I can encourage a few people to help me move this project along a little quicker.

So what do you say? Interested? Want to help & become a part of this exciting project? I have many jobs, some of them easy, like adding sprites to the game, others are more specific like mappers, & coders(vb6).

I'll leave you with a screenshot of the GUI & a glimpse of the developers testing island. I would like to say that even though these screenshots show open buildings, most of the building's insides will be on their own map.

moss.png

Feel free to leave a message here, PM me, or email at [email protected] if you are interested in helping, or simply want updates on our progress.

Thank you for reading
-SeeingBlue

Attachments

Last edited:
What are you doing with the sprites, are you keeping Tibia's and adding custom or making it completely custom?

Seems like it could be good though, good luck.

I don't want to keep Tibia's. I have made a small few of my own & edited some others. Officially they are just placeholders until I can get a decent pixel artist, but commercial use is still a ways in the future, if ever, so for now they stay.

Good luck with the project, I'd love to help with the mapping however I'd need the sprites.

All the mapping is done in-game. If you are really interested in helping map then I would love to see what kind of work you could do. Message me with some contact info.

Well the pic still reminds me of tibia. Are you just to change the game style or what?

I hate that the picture ended up so small. It does look like tibia because I'm using all of Tibia's gfx right now. I have plans to change them in the future while keeping the same style but it's not necessary at this time.

The game style will be different. I'm not using levels. Only skill attributes that are increased by your actions in-game. You have to craft everything & I don't think there will be any gold currency. Only a barter system of crafting materials.

Back