• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New Type Of Server

Good or Bad Idea?

• Total voters

owned

Excellent OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
A NEW KIND OF SERVER
:eek:

Alright guys i'm bringing to the otland community a new idea of a server, and was hoping to get your guys' opinion on it.

What do you guys think of a server that everyone at the start completely customize your character, such as:

-Choose your own spells among over 190+ spells
-Develop your own offensive and defensive mechanisms
-Select whether you are more mana based or hp based
(ill think of more things as i get into and if the community likes it)

This server will have a big map that will have a wide selection of:

-Quests (not stupid and easy quests that anyone can solo)
-A mass amount of hunting spawns
-Many bosses (can obtain many special items)
-Many custom raids will be included in here
(Still thinking of more things to include)

EVENTS:
We will have all the events everyone likes to play such as:
-Zombies
-Capture the flag
-Team Deathmatch
(and more, i will take suggestions from players if they would like to see others included!!

well this is all that i can think of but u can expect so much more.

Give me your guys' opinions on this.

Last edited:
Good or Bad Idea?
Yes
No
Maybe
well, there is no sense on this question and answers lol

@topic
I dunno, u dont explain if there will be vocations or only one vocation, etc...

well, there is no sense on this question and answers lol

@topic
I dunno, u dont explain if there will be vocations or only one vocation, etc...

well the vocations wont really be a set vocation because u completely customize ur character into pretty much your own vocation.

well the vocations wont really be a set vocation because u completely customize ur character into pretty much your own vocation.

If that's the case, you must ensure one "vocation" is not dominant above all others.

Red

It sounds like a decent idea, this can go two ways: extremely well, or extremely bad. I don't think there's a middle area that will define this server. If something becomes unbalanced, I'm sure it will effect many other things as well, a chain reaction of sorts.

It's good, hope it works out as well. Keep us updated.

Regards,
JDB

yea ik balancing will be hard because theres gonna be so many ways to make your character. but if i do things right i think it could work out.

EDIT: what im somewhat trying to get here is like the idea of if u have ever played angel arena on like warcraft or something like that. i mean yea just like many things people will prolly screw up there character if they decide they want to pick a bunch of random spells that wont fit together and do go with a certain build but i think also if something like this happens there'll be a quest where u can reset ur characters spells and stuff and u can retry your characters build.

Well, depending on how it would be exactly
If you mean sth like morrowind where if you waste enough time you can be omnipotent god with maxed all stats(but you REALLY have to waste YEARS OF GAMEPLAY to get it) it looks quite nice(cause if you play like human you will have to chose wisely else your char will be useless)

Well, depending on how it would be exactly
If you mean sth like morrowind where if you waste enough time you can be omnipotent god with maxed all stats(but you REALLY have to waste YEARS OF GAMEPLAY to get it) it looks quite nice(cause if you play like human you will have to chose wisely else your char will be useless)

yea thats what im trying to do like, with the choosing wisely, if u dont match ur skills and build up with how u want it and just do random mix and matches, well then ur fucked to say the least and later on ur going to need to reset your characters skills and stats etc.

Sounds really cool actually, reminds me of some Warcraft3 RPGmaps.

I like the idea behind it, lets see how you make it more than an idea :p

Edit: Omg! Troll Survival - Tibia style, who's with me xD?

hahah yea if people agree that its a good idea then ill start the project, and troll survival? hahah

hahah yea if people agree that its a good idea then ill start the project, and troll survival? hahah
Jungle Trolls / Winter Trolls etc, If you've played Warcraft3 and tried other maps except Dota, you may have played it, was the bomb xD

You're idea is defenitly good though, it all depends on how you make it and how you balance it, am guessing it will take a lot of time to make aswell, gotta have the dedication.

yeaa and i hated dota one warcraft3 i played pretty much everything but that ahah. but yea some people will think its unbalanced cause most likely they will fuck there build up, like u can pick from spells like offensive defensive supportive and spells like that but if u have like a bunch of spells from all different categories, well then u fucked up, thats why im gonna let people do a quest to reset there skills and shit, Because i already know its gonna happen :p

come on guys, give me some more of ur thoughts on this.

hahaha. well thats good, if i can get like 4-5 more people to vote yes on this, then ill get to work on it.

alright, one step closer. and yea it wont be easy, and will be a long process but i think if it comes out the way i want it, people will enjoy it.

yea man this is a great idea, making your character super customized is what im doing with my latest project, by the time your lvl 60 you've made choices about what your char is going to be like permenatly (evil or good)(death,cold,fire ect mage or warrior) or what trade skills you get from which guild you've joined. but yea, a customized char is a great idea

thanks, and that also sounds awesome. is it gonna be team like with the evil / good?

Back