• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Paying vs Donating in OTS

Kiwi Dan

Kiwi Server 3.0
Reaction score
Heya, I was wondering if anyone knows if it is illegal to accept "payments" for items in your server. I know donating isn't... I would like to use a checkout type thing for my server, but it is only in payment form and not sure if that's legal or not xD

Mhmm, are you sure? Some OTS use that kind of method. Plus there's all those character + item + gold selling websites, is that illegal too? I just need a donation shop system, not sure how you can do that though...

Wouldn't it be illegal only to sell the actual Tibia Client? As the rest is server-based (which was made from scratch.)

i dont think its illegal, mhm just say 'get points' for 1 link and 'redeem points' in the other

But remember, your server seem to be pretty popular, so if cip finds out that they want to pwn some ots assess, then servers with 200+ players online will be their first targets.

So I would try to keep a low profile when it comes to the financial stuff.

But if I was in your position, I would ofc have donations, but I wouldn't dare with payouts. :p (atleast not public payouts)

Same here. No one can say anything against donations, because it's meant for the servers good!

Anyway, you can still do payouts secretly with players. You might want to create a forum and announce it there or if you even think that's to much you could do it ingame. I'm pretty sure CIP won't investigate servers that far x). Even if they investigate, they'd probably watch the site and that's all.

Good point Znote. Just gotta find a way to make an automated donation system I guess (the only reason for this topic is that checkout systems are easier to automate)... I don't know if you can make an automated donation system using paypal.

ye it would be considered illegal, in new zealand you cant get sued you only have to pay compensation :], so if germany has no justification shit in nz then ur pretty much set :D

Last edited:
Good point Znote. Just gotta find a way to make an automated donation system I guess (the only reason for this topic is that checkout systems are easier to automate)... I don't know if you can make an automated donation system using paypal.

It is possible, Narozia just implented such an automated donation system. Just incase you didn't know yet :)

0.o aew, I want that system xD aff gotta find out how they do it >.<

Thanks for letting me know haha.

And it may be found in the donators board (the exact same as Narozia), although without the reward function as I didn't want to release that part.

Yeah ofcourse it can be altered to work with PayPal. I am currently working on one, but not sure if I'll release that one (atleast not yet).

Back