• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[RuneScape Map Project] Discussion

Lifer420

Advanced OT User
Reaction score
POST ALL COMMENTS/FEEDBACK OR IDEAS PLEASE!

Hello! This is a thread concerning my project that i'm reviving! (slowly, but surely)

I grew up playing Tibia, Runescape and a bunch of other games, as did most. I'm recreating a map that's about 80-85% of the 2007 Runescape map.

Why?
The answer to that question is : I'm bored. I started it a while ago, then stopped as I was playing a fun server at that time. Now, every server out is super boring to the point where I have nothing to do. Now, i'm reviving this map piece. With Tibia's systems, and this map (100% custom then, really) the possibilities are endless.

Goals -
My intentions with this map are simple: make it, use it, host it. The map itself has nothing to do with RuneScape besides being based off of it. The gameplay will be just like a low exp OT server. Corresponding monsters on the original map will be replaced with the closest monster type to that creature. If none can be found, it will be replaced with a creature that fits into that environment.

Progress
I'm starting this again, today (7/16/2015) and will be working on it in any free time I have. I have a good chunk of the 'Varrock' town done already. Here's a picture of what it's going to look like when it's done. If you're familiar with oldschool RuneScape, you'll know the map will be quite big with alot of variety. Some pieces will be adjusted to better fit environments, but most will be the same.

jamesvarrock.png

TEAM:

I'm posting this part to see if there is anyone out there who would like to join in on this project. The map will be huge, and if you're a custom map lover like myself, you'll enjoy the map no matter where the inspiration came from - period. PM me with your information if you'd like to talk about hopping on board!

Last edited:
Got any ingame pics to showoff yet ? :)
Will be very interesting, ill be sure to follow this thread ! And good luck

Got any ingame pics to showoff yet ? :)
Will be very interesting, ill be sure to follow this thread ! And good luck

I just revived it, I didn't wanna upload what I had because what i'm doing is just laying down the grounds/shape with auto border of most things, then fixing them up the right way with raw and making them look nice. I just finished the bank/blacksmithing place in varrock. I'll upload a picture shortly.

Edit : Here's the picture. The bank is on the left, (BANK ISNT DONE) blacksmithing is on the right (it's south of the bank a few sqm in the map)

Removed old picture and added this. Now you can see the outline of how it should look and you can tell it's pretty accurate.

jamesvarrock.png

Last edited:
Removed old picture and added this. Now you can see the outline of how it should look and you can tell it's pretty accurate. - look in the middle of the picture

Kinda, i havnt played runescape since like 13 years ago, but i remember some of it :D

We
Kinda, i havnt played runescape since like 13 years ago, but i remember some of it :D
Well you should logon a "317" private server. That's the 2007 era. You can see how accurate it is. You'll notice everything :) if you know anyone good at mapping that wants to join let me know!

Got a little more done today, barely had time. Looking nice!

Wishing you good luck with the project!
Got some good memories from RuneScape back then..

Wish I could help you, but unfortunately I started working on something of my own, but maybe i could lend a hand sometimes.

Wishing you good luck with the project!
Got some good memories from RuneScape back then..

Wish I could help you, but unfortunately I started working on something of my own, but maybe i could lend a hand sometimes.
Even if people remember a small piece and think they can make it almost identical and look nice, shit - map it and upload it. I'll take any and all help since im only doing it when I have time.

Finished up a few more pieces of Varrock. Hardly any time to work on it but I want to keep it alive!

interesting idea, ive played runescape a bit more then i have tibia, would like to see this in the future! keep it up!

Back