• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] Nevila 7.4

Kungenn,

I like this server so much i think it's good and i like to play some more time on it... Botters don't bother me but there are too many bugs and errors. Yesterday I died two times because an error in ghouls. It was fixed, but then i bought my house and someone took (stole) all my items on the house. Only left some flowers (xD), a clock, and an empty bp where hours ago had 4 bp filled with runes, one of them with SDs... And also left a gift, a dead orc rotten.
And today i logged in and I talked to you about that (because of the bad connection it closed, srry), and when Id can reconnect, I walked to Romar and in the entrance an error has closed the client. Now I can't conect, waiting for one that kill me...

Greetings,

Zaux

Zaux login again and we will fix it ;)

You saying that because you cant fix a single problem like CAP being wrong in 48hours ?

14th July 2012, 18:16

Today, 12:43

Well ok since you dont like BS'ing ..Shall i say 43h and a couple of mins

Second botter of the day banned.

Muczaczo

- - - Updated - - -

It is a CUSTOM Server. Cap ain't wrong
You saying that because you cant fix a single problem like CAP being wrong in 48hours ?

14th July 2012, 18:16

Today, 12:43

Well ok since you dont like BS'ing ..Shall i say 43h and a couple of mins

- - - Updated - - -

@up

Flippmode for bot? :eek: ill have to check it

Hyperion were next to me since I knew people would complain about Flipp getting banned for botting since he were one of the people spamming me about other people botting.

Thanks very much, Kungenn ^^
She helped me to solve a problem, thanks!

Greetings,

Zaux

Last edited:
Problems with the server

Bugs:
Still can't use rope on sewers to rope up stuff like rat lootbags.
Blackboards aren't working like they are supposed to, some are blank, all of them are editable by players.
In Port Firemure there's loads of buggy holes.
Pretty sure promoted paladins should get 1 mana per 3 seconds instead of 1 mana per 4 seconds (maybe hp regen isn't right either).

Monster Drops:
Rotworms, Ghouls and cyclops give way too much gold compared to the other mobs making these the only viable mobs to hunt.
For instance it isn't even worth it to go to minos and lootbag, because rotworms will get you more money in pure cash.
Ghouls drop way too many life rings.
Ghouls should give alot of money, but if they do, they shouldn't be in more than 3s in a small area, for instance there are at least 2 huge ghoul spawns.
You mob up 10 ghouls and gfb them twice as a mage, you loot 500-800 gold+sellable drops+BIG CHANCE of life rings. (Then at the firemure spawn, you go up the stairs gfb 3 ghouls twice, wait for 30 seconds, go down again and rinse and repeat.) You don't even have to bring gfbs just blanks and maybe 1 life ring from your previous hunt. Because you will loot life rings and don't have to use many gfbs.

Rules:
MCing should NOT be allowed, instead you should put runes in the shop for a higher but fair price. (When caught main char should be banned for 1-3 days and MC character should be deleted.)
Botters should be DELETED not banned. If you ban them they just bot till you ban them and then start playing normally. IT DOES NOT WORK.
Also if you only ban the account that's being botted on people can just make rune farms/gold farmers, you need to look at the IP and delete their mains too.
(When you think about this, you have to consider: 'Do I want a bunch of botters on my server or do I want dedicated fans and a good (albeit smaller) community?')

Gamemasters:
You need more active gamemasters to deal with botters, logging in a few times a day does not work. (ESPECIALLY at the start of the server)
For instance there's a group that all, or 8-9/10 bot:
Jacus Wedlinka
Jade
Orechietti
Rickz
Rirok
Shaka
Sophia Lairs

Experience rate:
You should decide on an experience rate BEFORE you make a custom map, if you don't the map will not suit the player needs.
2x-3x exp=RPG Map
Staged exp = PVP Map

Prices:
Houses are way too expensive.
Runes are way too expensive.

Map:
Ghoul spawns are too big for the current drop rate, so are rotworm caves.
There are two towns, instead of putting both onto a map you should make both islands for the same experience rate you want to have.
Both towns should be viable to start from.
If you are going to make loads of pickholes, make them more obvious or people will never find them, and you will have wasted time designing map nobody will ever use.

Kungenn:
If you are going to make a custom map why not make your own variation of PoH instead of copy pasting it into your map?

Boman:
Why make a rotworm cave in town and then build a troll spawn and goblin spawn far away?
Why not make a rat cave and then rotworm caves outside of town.
Why is there another rotworm cave so far away?
Theres too many trees near the coastline, making exploring hard.
Too many noob mobs in the Orc Fortress, look at the original 7.4 map to see what an orc fort should look like.
Why are there so many regular spiders in a GS spawn? Just to annoy pallies or?
Map just doesn't feel natural in general
For instance cyclops in front of an orc fortress.

Server Promotion:
Server should've been on OTservlist.org for at least 1 day before launch.

Monsters:
Monsters need to be balanced in drops!

Last words:
I think you should determine an exp rate before launch not edit it after a week.
I think Bomans map needs to be edited in a major way.
I think that you need to fix all/most my suggestions and then do a server reset (everyone level 1 again).
If you like what I have to say and would like my opinion on more things (I still haven't explored everything), just make me a GM char or something with either no power or if i do something weird just delete my main character.

all of this been already mention and nothing will change. Quit and and find another server this one failed once and is failing again. Actually bad owner. Even with the greatest potential it wont go far.

Monk doesnt even heal..

Shall i mention its been report 8 month ago in the other attempt?

Lol, we left already, no point playing here Fire fields Rock!:D

everybody who was in my guild or somehow related to us hit me here by pm

all of this been already mention and nothing will change. Quit and and find another server this one failed once and is failing again. Actually bad owner. Even with the greatest potential it wont go far.

Monk doesnt even heal..

Shall i mention its been report 8 month ago in the other attempt?

Dont know what drugs you are on but they heal.

<defense name="healing" interval="1000" chance="17" min="30" max="50">
<attribute key="areaEffect" value="blueshimmer"/>
</defense>

Bugs:
Still can't use rope on sewers to rope up stuff like rat lootbags.
Blackboards aren't working like they are supposed to, some are blank, all of them are editable by players.
In Port Firemure there's loads of buggy holes.
Pretty sure promoted paladins should get 1 mana per 3 seconds instead of 1 mana per 4 seconds (maybe hp regen isn't right either).

Monster Drops:
Rotworms, Ghouls and cyclops give way too much gold compared to the other mobs making these the only viable mobs to hunt.
For instance it isn't even worth it to go to minos and lootbag, because rotworms will get you more money in pure cash.
Ghouls drop way too many life rings.
Ghouls should give alot of money, but if they do, they shouldn't be in more than 3s in a small area, for instance there are at least 2 huge ghoul spawns.
You mob up 10 ghouls and gfb them twice as a mage, you loot 500-800 gold+sellable drops+BIG CHANCE of life rings. (Then at the firemure spawn, you go up the stairs gfb 3 ghouls twice, wait for 30 seconds, go down again and rinse and repeat.) You don't even have to bring gfbs just blanks and maybe 1 life ring from your previous hunt. Because you will loot life rings and don't have to use many gfbs.

Rules:
MCing should NOT be allowed, instead you should put runes in the shop for a higher but fair price. (When caught main char should be banned for 1-3 days and MC character should be deleted.)
Botters should be DELETED not banned. If you ban them they just bot till you ban them and then start playing normally. IT DOES NOT WORK.
Also if you only ban the account that's being botted on people can just make rune farms/gold farmers, you need to look at the IP and delete their mains too.
(When you think about this, you have to consider: 'Do I want a bunch of botters on my server or do I want dedicated fans and a good (albeit smaller) community?')

Gamemasters:
You need more active gamemasters to deal with botters, logging in a few times a day does not work. (ESPECIALLY at the start of the server)
For instance there's a group that all, or 8-9/10 bot:
Jacus Wedlinka
Jade
Orechietti
Rickz
Rirok
Shaka
Sophia Lairs

Experience rate:
You should decide on an experience rate BEFORE you make a custom map, if you don't the map will not suit the player needs.
2x-3x exp=RPG Map
Staged exp = PVP Map

Prices:
Houses are way too expensive.
Runes are way too expensive.

Map:
Ghoul spawns are too big for the current drop rate, so are rotworm caves.
There are two towns, instead of putting both onto a map you should make both islands for the same experience rate you want to have.
Both towns should be viable to start from.
If you are going to make loads of pickholes, make them more obvious or people will never find them, and you will have wasted time designing map nobody will ever use.

Kungenn:
If you are going to make a custom map why not make your own variation of PoH instead of copy pasting it into your map?

Boman:
Why make a rotworm cave in town and then build a troll spawn and goblin spawn far away?
Why not make a rat cave and then rotworm caves outside of town.
Why is there another rotworm cave so far away?
Theres too many trees near the coastline, making exploring hard.
Too many noob mobs in the Orc Fortress, look at the original 7.4 map to see what an orc fort should look like.
Why are there so many regular spiders in a GS spawn? Just to annoy pallies or?
Map just doesn't feel natural in general
For instance cyclops in front of an orc fortress.

Server Promotion:
Server should've been on OTservlist.org for at least 1 day before launch.

Monsters:
Monsters need to be balanced in drops!

Last words:
I think you should determine an exp rate before launch not edit it after a week.
I think Bomans map needs to be edited in a major way.
I think that you need to fix all/most my suggestions and then do a server reset (everyone level 1 again).
If you like what I have to say and would like my opinion on more things (I still haven't explored everything), just make me a GM char or something with either no power or if i do something weird just delete my main character.

I would absolutly change my mapp to the better if you disslike it. And it is hard for me to solve even the smallest bug when i cant control the hosting pc, wich means i have to contact Kungenn first wich can be verry enoying.

What can i say, we opened the server to fast. we decided a deadline and i pretty much finished my map 1 day before launch, so there was verry little time for bug testing it etc, and i have notice that many of my caves has been to big ingame then it looks like in the map editor. I have told Kungenn about the drop rate from ghouls especially about the life rings, but always something that we had to do first. So i thought well leave the drop rate at ghouls as it is for the week to get some economy into the server otherwise peopels would be sad that they did not make profit, As some mages told me thay did not make ANY profit at ghouls wich is really unlikely since it was way high.

Sad to see that we had a pretty much great start and then we failed.
If i can see that peoples still are intrested i will tell kungen to immediately get some kind of remote controll so i can fix what has to be fixed as soon as possible. when he doesnt have time.

Just tell me will it be worth it? Will you continue playing if we fix these bugs fast as we can and get the exp stages to work or set the exp rate to 2, higher sorcerers mana so they dont have to make runes for 24h and then hunt for 3h and gain verry little levels. If you sign up that you will continue i hope Kungenn reads this too so i dont have to wait for him to come online and tell about the remotecontroll and that he will send me a PM with info so i can start work.

sincerely GM Boman.

Dont know what drugs you are on but they heal.

<defense name="healing" interval="1000" chance="17" min="30" max="50">
<attribute key="areaEffect" value="blueshimmer"/>
</defense>

Yo this will take you a minute to actually test. Summon 2 monk at cycs or even worse,dwarf guards and you will see they get totally rape. I mean..totally. 3 hit monks dead. Now dont tell me its a freaking custom thing.

DS: DS arent hitting magicaly? Like u know ghoul physical + lifedrain. ..leads to ds being totally useless summons.

Okay its custom and blame all the little things that get people pissed on your server. Its not because im the only one who speakls loud that im the only one that think the same way as I do. Most of the thing i flame about are being talk into your gamechat regularly. Heck most of the thing i do report are things that doesnt bother me at all but the majority seems to be bothered. So before thinking hey its only 1 guy,theres way more then I behind all of this.

Boman your having good intention but most of the people playing this server are waiting for brotherhood. If your lucky enough it wont come out soon. Maybe there's still hope for this server. If you remove the gold rate btw...then no one will buy the high end item people are looting. Heck yourt npc price is like 3k for karmor how do you expect people to play? 32 sorcerer not even promote i got like 4k atm and no runes. So that 4k goes into 4 life ring that goes into like 3 bp gfb thats goes into not even 1 lvl etcetcetc. I just dont get what you guys are trying to do with lowering drop from crap shit and not touching the higher mobs one.Im really trying but the only argument is like (i ignore you and i dont care).If you want an economy you first need people with money. You know everyone aint a paly.

**Did i mention i also owe 10.8k to Marc? lol.

***Dont ask other bot mage for sure they have lots of money they been botting for 2 days at rotworms.

**** Oh yeah if you remove the gold rate...then it will take lvl 250 to actually use the stupid super expensive useless runeshop this server as. Man if you higher the regen then sorcerer will get to high ML. The point is keep skills low but put a freaking normal price on runes. Not asking for cheap price here...normal.,fair,price. But i guess thats too much to ask right?

Last edited:
I would absolutly change my mapp to the better if you disslike it. And it is hard for me to solve even the smallest bug when i cant control the hosting pc, wich means i have to contact Kungenn first wich can be verry enoying.

What can i say, we opened the server to fast. we decided a deadline and i pretty much finished my map 1 day before launch, so there was verry little time for bug testing it etc, and i have notice that many of my caves has been to big ingame then it looks like in the map editor. I have told Kungenn about the drop rate from ghouls especially about the life rings, but always something that we had to do first. So i thought well leave the drop rate at ghouls as it is for the week to get some economy into the server otherwise peopels would be sad that they did not make profit, As some mages told me thay did not make ANY profit at ghouls wich is really unlikely since it was way high.

Sad to see that we had a pretty much great start and then we failed.
If i can see that peoples still are intrested i will tell kungen to immediately get some kind of remote controll so i can fix what has to be fixed as soon as possible. when he doesnt have time.

Just tell me will it be worth it? Will you continue playing if we fix these bugs fast as we can and get the exp stages to work or set the exp rate to 2, higher sorcerers mana so they dont have to make runes for 24h and then hunt for 3h and gain verry little levels. If you sign up that you will continue i hope Kungenn reads this too so i dont have to wait for him to come online and tell about the remotecontroll and that he will send me a PM with info so i can start work.

sincerely GM Boman.

i might just give it a go, because i'm bored:p, why not just give it your best, i mean you've put time into this why not aim to make it way better?
i like the idea of a custom map rpg server

my main concerns are really the botters and mcers and the lack of proper punishment.

sorc mana should be fine, I'm not sure, maybe ill just make a sorc to try it out.

Deadbringer is however really bringing to my attention that summons might be underpowered. Hunting with summons is a really good way to hunt+make money+make runes at the same time for 27+ mages
For instance on real map you can hunt tombs with double monk and make loads of cash, i know theres one tomb like area where i might try that out if i level a sorc.

- - - Updated - - -

Yo this will take you a minute to actually test. Summon 2 monk at cycs or even worse,dwarf guards and you will see they get totally rape. I mean..totally. 3 hit monks dead. Now dont tell me its a freaking custom thing.

DS: DS arent hitting magicaly? Like u know ghoul physical + lifedrain. ..leads to ds being totally useless summons.

Okay its custom and blame all the little things that get people pissed on your server. Its not because im the only one who speakls loud that im the only one that think the same way as I do. Most of the thing i flame about are being talk into your gamechat regularly. Heck most of the thing i do report are things that doesnt bother me at all but the majority seems to be bothered. So before thinking hey its only 1 guy,theres way more then I behind all of this.

Boman your having good intention but most of the people playing this server are waiting for brotherhood. If your lucky enough it wont come out soon. Maybe there's still hope for this server. If you remove the gold rate btw...then no one will buy the high end item people are looting. Heck yourt npc price is like 3k for karmor how do you expect people to play? 32 sorcerer not even promote i got like 4k atm and no runes. So that 4k goes into 4 life ring that goes into like 3 bp gfb thats goes into not even 1 lvl etcetcetc. I just dont get what you guys are trying to do with lowering drop from crap shit and not touching the higher mobs one.Im really trying but the only argument is like (i ignore you and i dont care).If you want an economy you first need people with money. You know everyone aint a paly.

***Dont ask other bot mage for sure they have lots of money they been botting for 2 days at rotworms.

**** Oh yeah if you remove the gold rate...then it will take lvl 250 to actually use the stupid super expensive useless runeshop this server as. Man if you higher the regen then sorcerer will get to high ML. The point is keep skills low but put a freaking normal price on runes. Not asking for cheap price here...normal.,fair,price. But i guess thats too much to ask right?

if you had hunted rots for like 3 hours you would have had promo easily, it's supposed to be an rpg server, mages always start out slow, grinding for promo and life rings on rots then when they get a decent magic level they can gfb farm pretty well.

DS aint hitting magic? Ireally dont understand where you get your facts from.

<attack name="lifedrain" interval="2000" chance="10" range="1" min="-30" max="-50"/>
</attacks>

I just summoned 2 monks and fought 3 cyclops none of the monks died... Of course if you have 3 monsters on 1 monk it'll go down fast since it breaks shield..

And never heal is just bullshit the heal all the time.

Runes will be lowered to a more "normal" price as you say for now.

- - - Updated - - -

<attack name="lifedrain" interval="2000" chance="10" range="1" min="-30" max="-50"/>
</attacks>

I just summoned 2 monks and fought 3 cyclops none of the monks died... Of course if you have 3 monsters on 1 monk it'll go down fast since it breaks shield..

1. Runes has been lowered to 1 gold coin per 1 mana (UH 100 GFB 120 HMM 70 etc)
2. Demon skeletons do use life drain as intended. You just need to try it for more than 2 seconds.
3. Monks work just fine, perhaps if you understood the game mechanics you'd understand that having more than 2 monsters hitting the same target breaks it's shield which make the third monster hit as if it's unshielded. They heal just fine aswell.
4. Ghouls and Rotworms were given the high rate for gold in order for lower level players to be able to gather more money in order to buy rares from higher level players. This was added long ago on our servers. This isn't a bug it's a feature.
5. Cyclops is one of the main sources for knights before they go dragons. The gold drop is simply to make it a viable source for them.
6. The bugs on Boman's island is something that can be fixed in a minute or less it's just he isn't home on the daytime. I've fixed his holes anyway.
7. Experience stage isn't for a PVP Map it's a low stage it doesn't mean just cause it's staged that its a PVP server. It's still a RPG server and for now it isn't even staged so don't really understand what you are complaining about.
8. Yes the NPC buys rares at a low price because once the server gets higher leveled players semi rares will come more often which then will make it super easy to get gold. THEREFORE The higher drop rate on Rotworms and Ghouls. If you want gold there you have your source of income. If you rather only hunt better monsters, well then you'll have longer downtime making runes. Simple. If you want to hunt on a regular basis with runes, then go Rotworms/Ghouls for the gold.

Probably some issue I didn't address. Feel free to write your further concerns and I'll address them aswell.

Kungenn, people will always say sh*t to discourage you. However, I do believe you opened your server too soon and didn't do enough to fix bugs from the previous release. Next time: make sure to test everything as soon as you created it.

Boman should also check his map next time he creates something: dedication makes perfect, don't rush things!

</attacks>

- - - Updated - - -

1. Runes has been lowered to 1 gold coin per 1 mana (UH 100 GFB 120 HMM 70 etc)
2. Demon skeletons do use life drain as intended. You just need to try it for more than 2 seconds.
3. Monks work just fine, perhaps if you understood the game mechanics you'd understand that having more than 2 monsters hitting the same target breaks it's shield which make the third monster hit as if it's unshielded. They heal just fine aswell.
4. Ghouls and Rotworms were given the high rate for gold in order for lower level players to be able to gather more money in order to buy rares from higher level players. This was added long ago on our servers. This isn't a bug it's a feature.
5. Cyclops is one of the main sources for knights before they go dragons. The gold drop is simply to make it a viable source for them.
6. The bugs on Boman's island is something that can be fixed in a minute or less it's just he isn't home on the daytime. I've fixed his holes anyway.
7. Experience stage isn't for a PVP Map it's a low stage it doesn't mean just cause it's staged that its a PVP server. It's still a RPG server and for now it isn't even staged so don't really understand what you are complaining about.
8. Yes the NPC buys rares at a low price because once the server gets higher leveled players semi rares will come more often which then will make it super easy to get gold. THEREFORE The higher drop rate on Rotworms and Ghouls. If you want gold there you have your source of income. If you rather only hunt better monsters, well then you'll have longer downtime making runes. Simple. If you want to hunt on a regular basis with runes, then go Rotworms/Ghouls for the gold.

Probably some issue I didn't address. Feel free to write your further concerns and I'll address them aswell.

I changed the mana & health regen for every vocation to the double now.

Kungenn, people will always say sh*t to discourage you. However, I do believe you opened your server too soon and didn't do enough to fix bugs from the previous release. Next time: make sure to test everything as soon as you created it.

Boman should also check his map next time he creates something: dedication makes perfect, don't rush things!

I actually got asked to reopen it. I had no vision or goal to open it again. However I've dedicated many hours these last days and I won't continue if people only are here to complain.

Back