• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] DeathZot 8.60 | Custom

Status
Not open for further replies.
An improper beta test lead to a fucked up start for this server. I have been testing everything before the core community reaches it and I report the flaws as soon as I find them. If you look at the top levels, everyone is pretty much linear as far as progression except me. The reason for this is because these game breaking errors are reported to synthetic before you guys even know about them (aside from a few). This server does not need a wipe, my characters are the only ones that are so far out of line with the rest of the community. Once I finish doing the "beta testing" job that the "beta testers" were suppose to be doing, I will gladly de-level my character to prevent a wipe.

We didn't get to test the shit that you got to test. Syn will say that we botted forever and that's why we didn't test everything. The truth is, we were restricted to only 6~ areas to test around, I have the entire map from beta which leads up to the 3k area. Maybe before you talk, you should check your facts because you obviously didn't know that. We didn't have the 500 area for 2 days after beta started. We got the 1k, 2k area 1 week later. We tested those almost fully. I do not remember there being uniques or orc leathers in the beta, so we never tested those. He stopped the beta before we did anything close to where you are and changed a bunch of shit and is now testing during initial release. That's fucked up. I'd rather just play 8.0 dzot until this shit is fixed. I still support it, but I've been called an idiot numerous times by the server owner because I think that a jail system could nerf botting. It certainly could if he hired a few GMs to help, but he doesn't trust GMs? Maybe remove some of the powers from other GMs. Other than that, he gets on and stays on for a long time everyday so he would have enough time to go and jail botters. If he wasn't sure that they were botting, he could just use the same system collapserOT uses for a bot detector which works very well. You use the command on them, and it opens a log for them which if somebody without cavebot turned on, they wouldn't be able to do anything besides close that log and message the GM or a specific player as stated in the botcheck log. A cavebotter would keep moving while the log was active on his/her screen. I'm sure this doesn't matter at all because syn doesn't care about botters, but I'd rather have some more players to chat with, rather than 2 at the temple. Shadow agrees with me, but don't hold that to him.

The thing is, the beta testers obviously didn't report what was needed to be reported. Its not like synthetic asked me to beta test. I started this server with the intent of playing it just like you guys. But as I played I noticed everything was pretty much fucked. I mean we are talking from day one I was finding game breaking issues that were so obvious to anyone who actually played the server it would make a baby cry. So now I am basically a live beta tester/guinea pig or w/e u wanna call it because people in beta did not do their job.

Here is a few examples. Here is the format I will be using: "Issue - Why it was an issue (what was done to fix it)"
Frags not working - (fixed)
Barbarian Vocation - More hp/healing/damage than any other vocation (removed ih and uh from them, removed rage buff)
Orc leathers - 85% drop rate (nerfed sell price)
Runic Starstones - 150k high yield (price raised, see below)
Crafting - 20% chance to get items (chance lowered)
Tortoise Spawn - Massive exp when multiple spam click them with party exp share. (Cooldown raised)
T1 event - High levels 1 hitting every boss in there and stealing all the loot from everyone else. (shared loot enabled)
Water elementals - Damage too high, healing too low (balanced damage, raised healing)
Barbarians - at least 4x more exp than the level 2k pirates, at least 3x less hp than the 2k pirates (lowered exp, raised hp)
Barbarians - required 2.5k to enter, npc allowed you in at 2k (fixed npc)
Polara boss loot - standard deathzot loot, bugged items ect... (fixed their loot)

The list goes on, and don't even get me started on pvp with everyone 1 hitting each other and vocation spells being useless. How was this shit not caught in beta, what were you guys doing with your time on there? Let me guess, power abusing each other for boss spawns because you think being the best on a beta server is something to be proud of? All I have to say is, don't you dare blame me for these issues. And if I am known for 1 thing on this server, it will be the guy that prevented a wipe within the first fucking week of the server. You can thank me later.

Read my post now. Maybe you'll understand.

- - - Updated - - -

We did everything we could do in the beta, so there is no reason for you to be talking shit about the beta testers not doing what they needed to. You had no part in beta besides being a scripter. I don't want to hear you talk about what we didn't test.

All of the stuff besides Tortoise/Barbarian shit that you named, was not in the beta. I DO NOT remember orc leathers, I KNOW water elementals weren't in beta, I KNOW barbs weren't in beta (We tested them in front of dp, afterwards syn said he was going to add the spawn and then the beta went down), there was no t1 event, starstones weren't overpowered in beta because we mined to get money not bot on orcs for 324873284 hours, and again, starstones weren't overpowered in beta because we didn't buy so many of them at once. We got 70-90 per day total.

A small list of what we did in beta:

- Fixed Orc Riders doing massive amounts of damage
- Fixed Evolved Fury's loot of terror cloths
- Fixed bosses Intel/Str/Agi/Dex/Char gem loot
- Tested 500 area
- Tested 1000 area
- Tested 2000 area
- Tested 3000 area
- Fixed IH Exhaust time
- Fixed being able to get into 800+ midguard spawn from before level 800 ( Told syn about it at least )
- Fixed the merging system from giving you 2 of the tiers you just merged
- Fixed Tauren's loot
- Tested Deo/Aganim/Frost Golem/Frost Dragon/Mummy bosses/Night terror
- Fixed Tainted Mummies corpse decay rate
- Fixed being able to get tainted coins from digging to get scarabs on Pandora
- Tested password doors when they were added
- Damage test from certain bosses ( I'm sure that the trio's was too high in the beginning )
- Bards were tested by people ( not me )
- Every vocation was played to see what was wrong with them
- Fixed Night terror's loot
- Dmg tests on monsters ( barely any pvp testing happened )
- Party members take no damage from other party members
- Removed all Para from monsters ( We all found this annoying, especially from the deo/titan)

Most if not all of these fixes/tests were reported by us, the testers.

I don't care what the reason beta failed is, all I am saying is. How dare you attack me and blame me like its my fault that there were problems with the server. The only people that could have prevented these issues are beta testers. The fact is, it doesn't matter if it was caught in beta or not, because I caught these issues before you all got to abuse them and they are now fixed. And like I said, after I make it through all these areas and find all the issues, I will gladly de-level my character to make you happy so you don't cry and make synthetic wipe a perfectly good server in the first week.

As you can clearly see in this graph, the server progression is fairly linear. The last 10% shoot up pretty fast, you can tell by how evenly spread the last 10% are that they are the people that have been botting 24/7 (or close to) since the server was opened. The only severe anomaly is the last 2 characters that are level 4.5k.

starstones weren't overpowered in beta because we mined to get money not bot on orcs for 324873284 hours

I botted 1 character mining and made over 2 backpacks of star stones while doing it. It was not until I discovered orc leathers that I pulled my miner and started farming money to get starstones faster. Mining was completely broken too, thats why it now costs soul to do. Hunting orcs for money is a completely different issue, it is not a mining issue it is a money issue and the starstones were to cheap. Regardless of what you might think, orcs are very early in the server, the fact that they dropped so much cash was a mistake, but when the server progresses to level 10k+ those monsters will most likely drop the same money orcs did, and if this issue was not caught this soon those players would be hoarding t1.

Last edited:
Well, After all this down making of what you guys did, 1. of all im not sure if anyone ever thanked Synth for putting so much work into this.
2. Xagul offert to give his character, to prevent a wipe. Who of you, big mouthed retards would give his character to prevent other people ending up in the mess you will? No one would. And with no one I incloud myself aswell.
3. I love you barber
4, Alot,
5. Seriously I do
6. greetings: Emmure, Dread, Dogma, Call me how u want me baby :<

strongly against a wipe, but i am also recommending putting up a Test server with diff port or something and grab a hand full of people u can actually listen to, Xagul for example, NOT ETERNAL. and give them all 5 characters. a lvl 1k, 2k, 3k, 4k, 5k. and give them donation points so they can buy all the sets, then use this group to do testing and balance off server so when it hits server its actually fair

I wouldn't like a wipe thats for sure. But if it has to be done,it has to be done.
I don't think Xagul should have his chars taken,maybe just lower his lvls a bit

Angry Mammoth - more hp than monkeys, and less exp. makes sence
Barbarian Boss Doesnt Exist.
3k Toad boss doesnt exist....

Angry Mammoth - more hp than monkeys, and less exp. makes sence
Barbarian Boss Doesnt Exist.
3k Toad boss doesnt exist....

Every 'angry' monster have the same exp besides Kongra (they have 20% more exp)

Major Game Update: Preview
Over the last week of the server release I've been paying close attention to characters in terms of progression, and over all what people are doing with their time. I noticed a lot of people already
bored of going to the event (understandable) and people were hunting the same creatures (tainted tomb) at level 1.5k + and are still hunting it. I've also noticed that characters having the ability
to level 24 hours a day using a bot is making is hard to properly balance the server and it's hard to make the server fun for those who opt not to bot. So here is a list of changes that
I hope will make the server overall better, and give players more options then just leaving a bot run 24/7. I hope to have most of the changes implemented this weekend.

World Bosses
Each area will now have a world boss according the player level of that area. So far I'm looking at levels; 200, 500, 1000, 2k, 3k, 4k. Once you get to the next boss level you will no longer
be able to participate in the lower level boss. These bosses will require a team + a summoning item that is obtainable by creatures in their respected areas. These 'world bosses' are going to be
really tough bosses that can take anywhere from 10 minutes to 30 minutes to finally kill. They will yield the same experience that you would get if you were normally hunting the respected area.
I hope with this new system it makes it a lot easier for non-botters to keep up with people who would rather bot for hours. I'm also introducing a heavily edited stamina system that is going to
restrict a character to about 8 hours of hunting per day, and take about 12 hours to regenerate the stamina back.

Here are some other changes that I'm planning on adding;
  • World Bosses (as mentioned above)
  • Stamina rework (as mentioned above)
  • New Events that spawn Bosses that require teams to kill. One will be named '[BOSS] Sin' which will be like a regular Sin but a lot harder
  • New Event Tokens that can only be obtained through participating in events
  • Event Reward Shop; a Shop that uses event tokens as currency, some rewards would be; 2x Exp Cards (1HR), Random monster outfits, Candy Canes, and even a custom house
  • Adding some more spawns for players level 500-2000

you should make more creature products too, there are too few, an for example, its as easy to get an orc leader as is an elf ear, but orc leather is 4x the price as the elf ear
what i mean is that products should be more balanced and there should be more products xD (sounding like an idiot)

great fucken server maad fun pvp is fun love everything about.

Paralyze in all monsters removed? I've noticed quite a few that still paralyze.. tainted mummys for one, A few bosses like Aganim however you spell its name. And a few others I cant think of off hand. Iuno just something I've noticed. I'm liking the changes so far. Doing a good job Syn thanks.

Sounds like a good update, and I like all of the ideas, it will be nice to have more to do than to bot thornbacks from 400-2k, or bot the tombs... The only concern I think we all have is the rarity of the summoning item, how often are you hoping it will drop, and will there be a global message when it is being summoned, and a 2 minute window to reach the area so everyone of that level can take part. I also like the idea of only a certain level being able to hunt it, and I hope the loot system will be like the new event, where everyone on screen receives loot. Also you might want to make the area where the boss spawns non-pvp to keep from a group of people farming it and not letting anyone else join in. I also think that 8 hours is more than enough time for leveling, I doubt I'll ever really manually play for 8 hours, and with the global boss system the benefits of playing manually outweigh botting, so the 12 hour wait time won't effect me much. All in all I like the idea, and it should help with how many people there are and how few boss spawns there are, or at least the ones I've found.

you should make more creature products too, there are too few, an for example, its as easy to get an orc leader as is an elf ear, but orc leather is 4x the price as the elf ear
what i mean is that products should be more balanced and there should be more products xD (sounding like an idiot)

lol?
i can get 100 elf ears in like 30mins,and on the other side,only 2-3 orc leathers in 30mins,or even less.

Imo there shouldnt have a wipe if your thinking about that syn - only xagul is far beyond everyone and its not like he is power abusing anybody or anything.
What would people gain from a wipe? A fair start? Doing the same shit all over again would probably piss more people off than make people happy nobody has an advantage.

lol?
i can get 100 elf ears in like 30mins,and on the other side,only 2-3 orc leathers in 30mins,or even less.

funny cuz i get 20 leathers in 30 minutes, and only 40 ears in 30 minutes

i got 530 orc leathers under 1 night 6-8 hours
Why do u girls cry? Its insane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back