• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What does a realmap server need?

Spoking

Oldschool Developer
Reaction score
Hello OTLand community,
Me and my friend have been working on a realmap server, and we almost have all quest working. But then we began to wonder: "What does a realmap server actually need to get the players?".

I would like all your suggestions here. If you come with really good suggestions, I would like to have your MSN.

It would also be nice to have some people testing the server. I have it up and running on my dedicated server now. It's 24/7 online =). Please tell me whether I have to add some quests or change anything in the server itself.

Server info:

- IP: 78.46.98.3
- Port: 7272
- Client: 8.6
- Make account with 1/1

The IP, port and account manager are part of this testing phase. When it's done I have another IP with different ports and an account site.

Post everything in this thread, and if you feel to help us, thank you already.

Yours sincerely,
Spoking

99% real like spells
99% real like creature stats and loot
no donators items
war system
and always the latest version of tibia and ot svn and features

Thank you for your comment. I will be working on these things then.
We already have the newest server and client. NO donate items, war system and spells etc is being worked on.

Any more suggestions?

no exp stages (IMO), all levels must be "enjoyable" not only after 200+ (servers that use stages so u take 5 minutes from lvl 8 to 100 and an eternity to uplvl at highers lvl, then all stuffs that u wanna make between 8 and 100 like quests, use some items and kill some creatures that u can do only at those lvls (8-100) u just cant do because u up too fast), well that's how I think xD and sry for the bad english and grammar errors

We currently have a stable exp rate of 10x. Is this high/low enought?

Kind regards,
Spoking

10x is nice, but i would implement exp stages at higher levels that don't decrease much.
Not like x300-x3
But x10-x5 at lvl 200.
AND it should have a website.

I know. A website will be online once this testing phase is done.
We currently have a unique system of weapons. I think players will really like this.

So, 10x exp stages. On later level lower exp rate so we don't get level 1000 characters running around.
More suggestions?

Nobody will play if its way to serious, with the exp stages and that, so keep it in mind, and dont use a single exp rate, use stages as 90% of all the other ots do.

I don't find that an answer to the question what a realmap server needs to get players. Because if you shut down the OT, your player count will be 0.
Next time think before you post something.

Any other suggestions?

Well...
Overpowered donations
Rather high exp rate
Immature and unserious GM's who also are corrupted
Little up to no updates
Donations!

This is what seems to attract a lot of players

Well...
Overpowered donations
Rather high exp rate
Immature and unserious GM's who also are corrupted
Little up to no updates
Donations!

This is what seems to attract a lot of players

The worst of all.....that this is true-.-'

Anyways.... U should go for custom map :p That's the tip for you.

else as everyone have said, War system, Well Balanced classes. So no one are overpowerd, as an example at my server atm (not public yet), Ice Strike does 120 dmg, at lvl 8 :p, while knights with skills 80/80 at lvl 8 does 80-90 dmg...

I also belive that ppls will attract more to the server if u have teleports to hunt spots..... ((ppls now days are too lazy), Sorry I mean, Kids).
Traininers - VERY IMPORTENT, ppls don't wanna train at slimes to gain skills xD I think this is the main thing with changing from rl tibia to OT :p
Also the Skill rate should be quite high, so it doesn't take like 1 week to get 80 / 80 in skills as a knight, should take around MINIUTES to get 80 / 80 (like 30?)

Last edited:
Be 7171, not 7272. :|

Please-.-' before you post something stupid, read the whole message
The IP, port and account manager are part of this testing phase. When it's done I have another IP with different ports and an account site.

Also, it doesn't matter which port it is.... 7272 will work, just that you need to change in your ip changer from 7171 to 7272... If you are too lazy for that.... then I guess you don't have to play at this server as a tester-.-'

Please-.-' before you post something stupid, read the whole message

Also, it doesn't matter which port it is.... 7272 will work, just that you need to change in your ip changer from 7171 to 7272... If you are too lazy for that.... then I guess you don't have to play at this server as a tester-.-'

He didn't mention anything about getting 7171, dumbass. (if the server is not 7171, it won't have more than 30 players, I can assure that)

Yea archez, I use this port for a test phase. When the official launch comes, I'll have port 7171.
Thank you all for the comments. I'll start adjusting some things in the server.

Though I'm not going to use teleporters. I already have a server with teleporters and I don't really like that. We want a certain RPG feeling which makes you want to explore around in search of better monsters.

What about the server save? Should it save once a day or every 15 minutes? Please tell me =)
More suggestions?

Kind regards,
Spoking

Last edited:
Back