• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Beta?

Do we make a beta?

• Yes

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Demonatti

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi, as some of you active members of otland have already seen me in other threads asking for help now im here asking for something else.

Since the Otland community has given me a lot of support i'd like to ask. Should I run a beta for Otland members only?.

Our team and myself have worked very hard on this, some days even 15 hours for some months now, obviously we dont have the experience like Red or some other server developers, we are just a bunch of guys with a dream and a project. All of us study programming, we are from Mexico and tho we are only in 4th semester and second semester we think we did a great job given the situation.

On our way of making this server we've met some awesome people with big expectations for us.

So it comes down to this. Should we make the beta? We know that is kind of a spoiler to make a beta phase but we'd like to be ready for the official launch since its a big project.

Otland has some great members and moderators so we'd like to know, should we? would you guys play it?

Maybe I should add some of the server information but i dont want to spoil anything. If the answers go psotivie ill add the the special features and some other server information.

Kind Regards.- Team Helera

I think you should do some beta testing to avoid any unbalancing issues between vocations.

I do like the concept behind that project and i will definitely be taking part of it.

However, as a customer, i should say i am not rly a big fan of that x10 concept, as i cant comprehend how much % i am actually hitting my opponent for, and i dont like to see zillion numbers on the screen. but that is just me. For me, as long as lvls are about 3 digits, i should be find with it.

beta will be better to testing and be sure there no bugs

Every server needs a beta. A closed beta is perfered because if its open beta people A LOT of people who play won't like it since it's beta (will have bugs, uncomplete content, etc..) some players will get annoyed or bored, then quit and never play it again. With closed beta you can easily pick a handful of qualified people that know how to test while keeping the server mysterious to everyone else until release.
Im going to be brutally honest here as I am entiled to my opinion.

The custom vocations certainly grabbed my attention BUT
as soon as I saw Real Map AND 8.6 I had a sigh of disapointment. :(
I won't be trying it, sorry.
8.6 is bad enough but Real Map too? noooo even if it's "edited" it's still not my flavor.
Like @Evil Puncker said, enjoy your zombie server as 99% will be botters regardless if it's allowed or not.

Thanks everyone for the feedback, thats why I created this thread, even if its negative is good to know how everyone thinks. The reason we created it 8.6 is because its certanly its the most popular protocol around servers and we dont have the preceding reputation as other server developers. We would love to make a client upgrade once we get loyal Players.
Its true, the 8.60 client is the easier to bot on. But thats why we implemented the mvp gameplay. The monsters are hard to kill and even the most skilled botter would struggle to bot.
I created this hidden spawns designed to be hunted by teams. This way the ones who do Power Game will gain a lot more exp than the botters.
We made it RL Map because we loved the idea of the hardcore monsters. This way people will be forced to use the 99% unused spawns of every server, with weaker monsters.
Thank you for the feedback tho. Id like to hear more.

I think you should do some beta testing to avoid any unbalancing issues between vocations.

I do like the concept behind that project and i will definitely be taking part of it.

However, as a customer, i should say i am not rly a big fan of that x10 concept, as i cant comprehend how much % i am actually hitting my opponent for, and i dont like to see zillion numbers on the screen. but that is just me. For me, as long as lvls are about 3 digits, i should be find with it.

Dont worry. It isnt a number spam. Mostly there will be 4 digits but its completely clear.

Back