• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Flexura "8.5" An new era of ot server has arrived!

Would you prefer the "Old damage system" or the "new damage system"?

• I prefer the "OLD SYSTEM"

Votes: 48 63.2%
  • I prefer the "NEW SYSTEM"

Votes: 28 36.8%

• Total voters

Erox

Reaction score
After you've read this please vote in order for us to decide which system to use

Me (Erox) and my friend Yngwie has togheter come up with this server. We were both boored of all the servers out there which has no feeling for the gameplay itself. We are both oldschool players as myself ive played tibia for 10 years and played ot since the very first ot server came out for years ago ! Yngwie has also played tibia for 10 years and ot since the very first ot server aswell.

The idea about this OT

Our idea is to create an ot which will last for a long time and which will be fun to play for everyone. There are some certain aspects which has to be taken up in order to succeed with this idea.

• [*]Damage System
    [*]Donations
    [*]Monsters
    [*]Quests
    [*]Items

*Damage System

We have not yet decided which one to use. But one thing is for sure.. We will not create another Narozia or wofb server. This damage system will be exaktly as the real tibias damage system works. The 2 systems that were thinking about is

• [*]Old damage system (old sd dmg, uh runes etc...)
    [*]New system (the new lower sd dmg system along with its healing and such)

In order to implent the old system we have to change a lot of things to make it balanced. We have to remove and add spells like exura vita, the old uh rune to work as it once did. We have to remove the 3x on the sd runes and remove ALL new spells such as avalance runes, druids ue spells, exevo mas san etc..

We would still keep tibia as it is now with its new quests items and such. Only different is the damage system ! Also we have to change the weakness shit that monsters have: Sd for an example wont be any death damage since Death damage never existed on old tibia. It will simply be physical attack which works on most monsters.

Changing to the old damage system will create a lot of problem but also a lot of new and fun features.

- Guild wars will be more fun, knights can no longer die by a few number of low lvled mages. The vocations will be more balanced and in general more fun to play.
- Mages can no longer carrie 1000000x of sd runes since there will be only one charge on the sd rune. And this on the other half creates a new amazing feature. Let us introduce the cap system, A system which CIP removed a long time ago. Mages will now have to consider their hunting and pking trips. You can no longer carrie great mana potions which has a very little cap considering the mana amount that you get. Sd runes will be heaver since you gotta carrie 3 bps and 60 sd runes instead of 1 bp and 20 sd runes. This will balance the vocations even more since nowdays mages doesnt care or need the cap. And cap simply dont matters anymore.
- Healing eachother will be MUCH easier as it has been for years and years. No longer you need to carrie ultimate healing potions as a knight which costs a fortune. Uhs can be used by any vocation which will trigger an new effect. The one that most people has allready forgotten. "THE ART OF WAR!" Look at any guild war cam out there today. All they do is hold their fucking sd buttom as they see his hp slowly go down without any tactic or combo. With the old damage system you were able to heal your team mates which made it harder for the other team to kill them. So for the other team to kill a dude you need SKILLS and TACTIC. You will now have to count comboes in order to kill him which will make the gameplay WAY FUNNIER and tibia will be more skills than random sding.
- Mages healed 300 with mp~ and knights around 600-700~ This means that mages can stand for ever and drink mfs without the mana going down rappidly. And when his mana is out the sd dmg is so low so if he just spamm mana fluid + exura gran he will be able to withstand a lot of dmg. Knights hp doesnt matter anymore since he can never heal it up and levels are pretty much useless. This will result in a BOORING GAMEPLAY where you no longer waits for thoose levels to come, you will no longer get happier each level you got since it somply doesnt matter anymore.

Disadvantages

- New players and noobs/newbies will whine and get mad cause they die all the time by people who have played this game for longer than they ever will play this game. They want to be just as good as somone who played tibia for 8 years even tho they just played for 5 months. This will result in a lower amount of people online since 90% of the tibian players today are low skilled noobies. We also know that certain countries got less skills and playing Intelligent than other countries. They are some of the least skilled players and therfor we have to think about them aswell so they can play the game to. But ofc this will suck for the experienced and skilled players.

Disavantages with the new system
- The vocations are unbalanced and knights are pretty much the most useless vocation today. The only reasons that we still see a knight ingame today is cause they are botted. the vocations are so unbalanced
- Money are no problems as everything is so cheap and powerful that you will never have a problem with cash
- THe new spells allows people to hunt monsters in a way that has never been possible. They can now use AOE spells to gain a huge amount of exp in a low time.
- THe new haste spells allows knights and paladins to chase mages on a battle field. Lets face it mages were born with the spell "Utani gran hur" for ONE REASON. THey were weak and needed to flee from the strong invincible knights and paladins to recharge their mana. Now mages stand no chance against paladins or knights.

We have not yet decided which system we want to use. Both me and Yngwie likes the old system more since it brings tibia out! A simple word to describe the gameplay is "Only the strongest will survive". Newbies/noobs will have a harder time surviving than with the new system. THis will also trigger more, funnier wars than ever. More comboes will be needed, tactits and skills.
The new system is 100% for noobs/newbies so they can play the game aswell.

So therfor we want to ask you guys what you guys think. Which system would you prefer?
Old system
or
New system?

The experience,loot and skill rates?

We havn't decided yet which exp rates to use. But we do not like players running around as level 300. Its simply unrealistic and overpowered and boored. You will have no challange to look forward to. INQ quests, POI Quests and similar quests will no longer be a challance and you will have all the best items with no goal left to achieve.
With a lower exp rate so your level will be around 100-200 will make the gameplay funnier. You will have more goals, youre lvling cause you want to complete INQ quest in order to get that sword. You want to lvl so you can block POI quest so you can get thoose softies to hunt with. The wars will be funnier, you will STILL have that lust to play and lvl.

With the old system were thinking to keep players around 100-150 and thoose who REALLY pg can reach 200.

With the new system were planning to keep it between 100-200 and thoose who pg can become higher than 200. Ofcourse anyone can reach 300. But it will not take a week or a month... IT will take some fucking time.

Magic rate?
If you keep it around 5x that doesnt mean you will get magic lvl 50 5 times faster than real tibia. you will probably get magic level 50 around 50-100x faster than rl tibia. Its pretty simple if you think about it. YOu lvl faster, you are richer and can spend more on mana. You waste more mana and everything.

Were thinking something around 2-3x mlvl. If we keep it mlvl 2 then mlvl 80 will be kinda hard but still not to hard to get. mlvl 100 will be nearly impossible which we like since tibia was never ment to have mages with higher than mlvl 70 or something.

Trainers?

We are not sure about skills yet either.
Having trainers on a server will bring more players and therfor the server will be more popular. But then the most people will have such high skills that you have to lower it. But then people who does not bot will have such low skills that they think its booring. So IF we add training monks we will make the skills go up like 300% slower than it normally would or something. In order to keep the server popular as long as well as balanced.

DONATIONS???!??

We all know how much donations will destroy the gameplay. We all know how much we hate somone being able to hunt on another island with 10000x spawns with no enemies to disturb him. Or a knight who simply wont die cause of donation boots and shit.

We want to keep the server balanced and donations will not affect the game play. Our ideas about donations are items such as mpa,demon helmet, INQ weapons, soft boots and all items which can be gotten by ANY OTHER PLAYER except from donations. Here are some stuffs were gonna add

• Items which ALL players without donations CAN GET such as Soft boots, INQ weapon, Anni stuffs etc..
  • Not sure yet but perhaps donations in order to be able to buy houses?
  • Sex Change
  • Removing Red skull
  • Addon Items
We are not yet done with what to use as donations but it wont affect the gameplay that much.

How much is completed on the ot? will it be up soon?

Yngwie which is one of the best programmers out there has worked on this ot for over an year. The server is allmost 100% complete. We can easily put up the server today and run it as a normal ot out there. BUt what we want to do first is to decide everything. TO decide the exp rates, which system to use and such. And since BOTH me and YNgwie cares about YOU and what you want. We always ask the people before we make ANY change at all. CAuse we do not want to end up as CIPSOFT which does not care about the people only money. So the server will probably come up pretty soon in 1-3 weeks perhaps.

So please everyone tell us what you like. WHat you want in an ot. Tell us what you think about our ideas and the donation system, the damage system and everything. We will listen to YOU!!!!! This will not be "Just another ot"

Last edited by a moderator:
please dont put in the server name 'has arrived' because its not online so nothings arrived.

please dont put in the server name 'has arrived' because its not online so nothings arrived.

Cant really change the topic, i would if i could :S didnt think of it

If you make the server without item/rune hotkeys then I will play it for sure :)

We have been thinking about doing that to. But then we have to make our own client which detects if you got any modified program running on tibia (something which CIP does not have). And if we added that client a virus program would call it a virus since the program would work in a suspicious way. And ofcourse people would spamm its unsafe and its a virus bla bla. Cause creating it without hotkey as a 8.5 server would not be a bot free server. 90% would use bot so it wouldnt be fun at all. Then we need our own client to provied a 100% bot free client.

Very interesting. I got to experience the old damage system when I played real tibia, as a knight and mage. They both do have their advantages and disadvantages like you said. Personally I think I would still pick a mage in the Old system, but I guess it depends on other things. I would vote for the old system, just to try it out again.

When it comes to Donations, I like your idea. Makes it balanced. I personally do not like the whole 'VIP exp, VIP items' etc. I think this is a plus.

I think if you add trainers and leave the skills rate somewhere parallel to mlvl 4x/5x, you should be fine. I understand that some people bot while train and others do not, but if you make it 300% slower, those who do not bot or train much will suck.

Just my suggestions :p

Good luck tho!

Very interesting. I got to experience the old damage system when I played real tibia, as a knight and mage. They both do have their advantages and disadvantages like you said. Personally I think I would still pick a mage in the Old system, but I guess it depends on other things. I would vote for the old system, just to try it out again.

When it comes to Donations, I like your idea. Makes it balanced. I personally do not like the whole 'VIP exp, VIP items' etc. I think this is a plus.

I think if you add trainers and leave the skills rate somewhere parallel to mlvl 4x/5x, you should be fine. I understand that some people bot while train and others do not, but if you make it 300% slower, those who do not bot or train much will suck.

Just my suggestions :p

Good luck tho!

Thank you for your oppinion it really helps us since we want to make an ot where the people choose what they want. And since we got a lot of feedback on the old damage system + me and yngwie would prefer that aswell i think we might make it an old damage system server ^^

About the training monks im pretty sure that if we add them we will make them 200% slower that means twice the amount you normally get. Cause they people might consider training on monsters/people instead which would be even more RPG.

More oppinions are welcome :)

I really hope that you will make the server without item/rune hotkeys because its more fun in wars and such. =)

The donation part sounds good :thumbup:

Make the server without trainers because its more fun to skill on monks and on players. :p

No hotkeys, old attack system, cipsoft client = I'll play :D

The thing is we cant play with cipsoft client if were gonna use no hotkeys. Since everyone got bot today so everyone would cheat

I hope it fails because ur a fucking racist

You know that calling somone a racist is racism. And we do not tolerate that here. So please go and keep ur racist thoughts to urself.

After you've read this please vote in order for us to decide which system to use
We have not yet decided which one to use. But one thing is for sure.. We will not create another Narozia or wofb server. This damage system will be exaktly as the real tibias damage system works. The 2 systems that were thinking about is

Disadvantages

- New players and noobs/newbies will whine and get mad cause they die all the time by people who have played this game for longer than they ever will play this game. They want to be just as good as somone who played tibia for 8 years even tho they just played for 5 months. This will result in a lower amount of people online since 90% of the tibian players today are low skilled noobies. Most of these peoples comes from Poland and Brazil. We also know that certain countries got less skills and playing Intelligent than other countries lets take for an example the polaks. They are some of the least skilled players and therfor we have to think about them aswell so they can play the game to. But ofc this will suck for the experienced and skilled players.
[/SIZE]

Being from a country doesnt make ur more or less skilled there are people skilled and unskilled everywhere but the unskilled are the only one u want to see so u can judge all his country like this, or i am wrong?
Now i wont say that all the people from ur country are damn dumb and racists like you, im just going to say it to you;
You are damn dumb and racist

What Leiken said ;)

And:

You know that calling somone a racist is racism.

No its not, lol.

How in hell would that be?

A racist is a person who thinks/claims he is superior than others because of his skin "color", or thinks people from a defined skin "color" are inferior human beings.

Therefore if I see someone doing a racism act or saying a racism statement based on the definition, I can call him a racist because he proved to be one, but how does that make ME a racist = "person who claims to be superior than others because of the skin color"? lol..

Fumobix I understand that your mad but its his thoughts. If he like to think Polish players are noobs then its his problem because there are as much Swedish noobs here around. Everyone has been noob in tibia.

Lets skip the offtopic and Racist talk here you guys can take the conversation in private because after this post I will delete all offtopic posts.

My post wasnt completely offtopic.. ;) At the beginning I stated that I would play if he removed the item/runes hotkeys and such as Leiken said..

Its true what you state, ZoO~, but I also agree with Fumobix, although that was not really "racism" because it isnt race-related, it was a very discriminatory statement considering he's claiming that all people from "Poland" are inferior and must be treated like babies because of their lack of skill, probably based on just "some noobs" he saw. He can have his opinion, but thats just not an acceptable attitude, imho. (<- Sorry for that offtopicness, just stating my point in case he wants to debate, if so anything further will be on private)

Cheers.

Fumobix I understand that your mad but its his thoughts. If he like to think Polish players are noobs then its his problem because there are as much Swedish noobs here around. Everyone has been noob in tibia.

Lets skip the offtopic and Racist talk here you guys can take the conversation in private because after this post I will delete all offtopic posts.

Both guitar freak and zooro are right. Im not a racist and all countries got their noobies, some more some less

Both guitar freak and zooro are right. Im not a racist and all countries got their noobies, some more some less

yeah, we all know that brs are like "ajajajajaj pls iten" and pls are like "ej dasz cos" and swe is like "du luktar bajs !!"

it seems that brs do have biggest amount of noobs but it isnt, they're just biggest part of tibia players, so they obiviously have most noobs in tibia :p second are pls and venz~

@ontopic
old system, no hotkeys, cipsoft client + own client with old graphics perhaps? Old outfits & flying bolts rox.

how about map? i read whole thread but i didnt get any info about the map, did i missed something ;p?

also, will exori vis be like old one that u have to face monster?:>

btw. if u decide to put old system dont forget about BURST ARROWS FOR MAGES.
;-)

waiting~~ =D

yeah, we all know that brs are like "ajajajajaj pls iten" and pls are like "ej dasz cos" and swe is like "du luktar bajs !!"

it seems that brs do have biggest amount of noobs but it isnt, they're just biggest part of tibia players, so they obiviously have most noobs in tibia :p second are pls and venz~

@ontopic
old system, no hotkeys, cipsoft client + own client with old graphics perhaps? Old outfits & flying bolts rox.

how about map? i read whole thread but i didnt get any info about the map, did i missed something ;p?

also, will exori vis be like old one that u have to face monster?:>

btw. if u decide to put old system dont forget about BURST ARROWS FOR MAGES.
;-)

waiting~~ =D

THe map is the complete real tibia map which was stolen from cipsoft at the client version 7.72. THe rest of the map up to 8.5 is maptracked in to 99% complete rl tibia map.

Exori vis will be as the old times where you have to face the monsters

Mana fluids will give 20-110 mana and costs 100gp. Why? cause if you give mages mana they will get overpowered. Look at the old days there were a lot of high lvl paladins, knights and mages. It was balanced. What happend when they gave mages more manas and faster regenation along with the old system? everyone started a mage. Look at all the servers that were new they all had mages only at the top. MAGES WERE OP simply cause they were give a lot of manas. So our idea is to balance everything. And by not giving mages A LOT of mana they wont be over powered and more poeple might consider knights and paladins since they can hit monsters with a fairly cheap way. The mana regain + hp regain will be as in old tibia to.

Burst arrows will exists

And we cant use cipsofts 8.5 client with NO hotkeys and the old system. Its pretty simple since you probvably know 90% of the community has/or cheats today. So if we want to remove the hotkey system we HAVE to create our own client which most people probably wont like. However we are soon starting a new company where we will develope a complete new game. Our goal is to bring back old tibia. We will make it so close to tibia as we possible can. They have given up their copyright protection on 7.6 sprites so we will use them to our game. Our plans is to start a game and follow the path that once lead cipsoft to their greatness. We also will create our very own map which we will spend a lot of time with details. We will basicly start a new company and a new game and in the future we hope to be working with it. This will be a really serious project where we instead of think about the money we care about the love of the game and the people. But it will take us some time before that will be done.

If this 8.5 server will be successful we are planing on creating an serious oldschool server aswell. THat server would be 7.4 tibia converted to 8.5 client. It would be our own client to ensure to cheating and with a very low exp rate in order to give level 100 a new meaning again. However that is if this server will be a successfull one.

lol? last time i checked Brazil and Poland makes best OT servers..

for example ELF, official dev and has it's own ot with 400+ people?

but not minding that just look up any ot-list 10 tops are br/pl.. and 1 swe lol

Back