• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Germany] [Custom] Necronia ❂ Open-Beta Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Server Port
Client Protocol
There was no attack speed bug, it was fixed and working until people complained so much about how much he was leveling - when the real problem is simply that spearmen are broken and doing 5x as much damage as any other vocation. Shiva simply disabled it to stop the crying from people until he could look into it further. Homie Quan is getting even more exp/hr than he was when he got to 100, he simply slowed down leveling because the amount of exp required for each next level gets higher..

There was no attack speed bug, it was fixed and working until people complained so much about how much he was leveling - when the real problem is simply that spearmen are broken and doing 5x as much damage as any other vocation. Shiva simply disabled it to stop the crying from people until he could look into it further. Homie Quan is getting even more exp/hr than he was when he got to 100, he simply slowed down leveling because the amount of exp required for each next level gets higher..
Of course, he got level 104 playing honestly and stop getting levels just when the spell was removed. How about top 1 on blacksmith in 14 days with less than 45 on mining? A, and some good idea for the Deitys, try create a character who nobody knows for see what happens when you're offline. Just go sometime on blacksmith. Or try to buy a house and check if it work when the server crash.

It's not a blacksmithing bug its just a little expensive in cash, hence the low mining. there aren't bugs being abused and i think you're just a little bit jealous someone worked harder than you to reach a higher point in the game than you. cry a little less on the forums and hunt a little bit more. learn about the game and how it works and perhaps you can be on the highscores too. :(

You can actually buy the sandals from the blacksmith, the leather boots used to desintegrate into 3 brown poc's shiva changed this and left it like this. This means its intended. And when i reached level 70 the speedattack bug was already fixed. Kind of sad you come on ot-land to complain with no reasonable facts or proof.

Of course, he got level 104 playing honestly and stop getting levels just when the spell was removed. How about top 1 on blacksmith in 14 days with less than 45 on mining? A, and some good idea for the Deitys, try create a character who nobody knows for see what happens when you're offline. Just go sometime on blacksmith. Or try to buy a house and check if it work when the server crash.

Stop whining over a person abuseing a skill, everyone will be reseted when it goes into full release and quit hopeing for someone to reset his skill there so many bugs Shiva has to fix and it is a very slow process for the server to go into full release just remake axes,minining picks 24/7 if you want high level on blacksmith. also there was people playing on closed beta so he could of been high skill level before it release to the public to play for free.

It was double exp at start of open beta for everyone and if you want to go blacksmith ur gear away other then trying to level since the only thing leveling does is increase damage by a little and go pk the lvl 100 if your so mad at him abuseing.

He didn't just abuse *a* bug, he abused every single bug he could find despite numerous warnings, without reporting any of it at any point in time

@ricardosohn
I didn't knew your house experienced multiple crashes without losing items in it. You know that they weren't sure if they could use the database in time to get the items back though.

@drakylucas
On your second last post
I thought you wanted desynchronized saves, but I understood that incorrectly then. saving characters upon relogging would have to be disabled for that though which could be harder to do, but maybe there simply shouldn't be the possibility to crash the server. Since it's a critical bug, but may take a lot of time to fix, here's a temporarily quick bandage fix: it has been discovered now, do no longer put anything of value in houses. It doesn't affects your gameplay since you still have a depot.

Before the sandal upgrade abuse Homie's blacksmithing was already at least 40, so he gained 4 level max from it. Before the sandal path was discovered he was lumberjacking so he could make basic bows and basic crossbows. A backpack of wood gives you 12k blacksmithing exp this way, which equals making 267 brown boots (costs you 10.6k instead of the wood) and this exp is enough to go from blacksmithing 10-36.5 or from 36-39 and a bit). Also take in account that a high level makes more equipment for himself (the creature products they loot alone can give you a ton of blacksmithing experience already) and are asked by others to make equipment for them which gives a lot of experience. In case the crossbows are suddenly overpowered now the same backpack of wood would have given you 9.5k exp if you made ropes with them.

A spearman alone couldn't abuse the latest attack speed bug. The bug occurred when two attack boosts or a very low AS weapon and an attack speed boost were combined e.g. superbow + hunter's rapid fire or teamhunt attack speed of spearman + rapid fire. So the latest attack speed bug did not affected the hunts of Homie. His level is the result of an OP vocation (due to elemental spear) and many hours of dedicated hunting in a smart way. All profit he made was used for supplies for better exp/h hunts while you can easily hunt without barely using supplies as a spearman, but your exp/h will be quite low. I've done teamhunts with him at Thunder dragons and at an other place. Before the removal of the attack speed buff we were getting a bit less than 400 k/h, after the removal of it we got a bit more than 400k/h at an other place (mainly because he barely used his and I couldn't use mine during teamhunts since I would lose blue stamina). Level 100 requires about 15 million exp which would be 37.5 hours of hunting at 400k/h. Hunt a bit more than 5 hours a day in that way and you have level 100 in a week. When you start the game you can't get 400k/h, but it took him 13 days and hunted more than 5 hours a day in the end.

On your last post
Your last post is making me a bit angry. They don't have to make a normal char nobody knows about to see what happens at the blacksmithing. They can go invincible and people are getting monitored sometimes. They also don't have to buy a house and see if it works and seeing if a million other things work so they lose a lot of time that could have been spend on fixing bugs and creating content. Guess what we beta testers are here for? We are here to see if the things work and yes, some bugs will hurt us and some bugs benefit us. So far I've heard about only two houses that lost their stuff, during closed beta everyone lost their equipment, relics and quest items, but few complained.

In general about bugs
Some bugs take quite some time to be fixed and should ideally be fixed faster (both ways to train in a way that was not intended, but was used by many people), the blacksmithing (used by many people again from what I've heard). It also depends on how easily a bug can be fixed be and what it can gain you (blacksmithing allows you to make an item, but you still need the materials and in most cases could have asked someone else to make it for you). The attack speed buff could gain you a lot and thus the attack speed spells were disabled almost immediately. Bugs may have different priorities for different people as well. I don't care much about the blacksmithing (recipe used to cost 2 brown leathers and reverting this would fix it) and care more about the spears being fixed (both physical and elemental). At the moment however the freezes and kicks most likely have higher priority. The staff is working very hard when they can which makes that it's fine for me if bugs takes time to get fixed.

@offtopic
Just bought the house like 3-4 days ago. Received this letter requesting more money haha.
Code:
Warning!
The monthly rent of 41000 gold for your house "Magic Avenue #2" has to be paid. Have it within 7 days or you will lose your house.
Magic Avenue, where your items vanish like magic! :p

I having problems to login in my characters to the server , i don't have sucess to conect and i are kicked back to the character selection

I having problems to login in my characters to the server , i don't have sucess to conect and i are kicked back to the character selection
The server is having its lag + kick issues now.

Learned some interesting things on the mechanics of weapons which may be useful for some of you:

• Your attack speed can't be slower than that of your base attack speed (can be see at vocation info at the library). So if you have a weapon with an as of 2 and your base as is 1.6 you will attack with an 1.6 as.
  • A single level only adds 0.1 damage to your maximum damage (if melee).
  • Critical damage is x ^ 1.164 where as x would be the damage without a crit. This means that crits are getting stronger and stronger. 50 --> 95 ; 100 --> 212 ; 200 --> 476 ; 500 --> 1385
  • For distance weapons the highest accuracy is on 2 squares distance, for (crossbow) this accuracy is 90% and is achieved at 28 rangery. To always shoot with 90% accuracy under 6 tiles distance you will need 74 rangery.

This also causes my comparison of dragon hammer against halberd incorrect. I recalculated it for a level 51 with 60 skill and the assumption that your average damage per attack before crit is 67% of your maximum damage. If this value is higher the berserker will benefit the most of it. The higher level and skills the people have the more beneficial it becomes for the berserker due to the crit growth stat.

New results
At 100% hp: Dragon hammer 24% better
At 86%: break even
<40% hp: halberd 61% better

Note: the berserker deals actually slightly more damage than shown since 2 crits on average damage is less than the sum of a crit at maximum and minimum damage.
Note 2: it's 9 am and I haven't slept yet, so there may be some errors in the calculations

Raw data without any explanation:
Formula from tfs 0.3.6: ((2 * (attackValue * (attackSkill + 5.8) / 25 + (level - 1) / 10.))

atk 40
skill 60 dmg 105
level 51 5
Damage: 220.6
0.67 dmg: 174
Crit damage 406
174 + (406-174)*0.07 = 190
as 1.4
dmg per second: 135

atk 38
skill 60 100
level 51 5
Damage: 210
0.67 dmg 141
crit dmg 317
141 + (317-141)*0.22 = 180
as 1.65
dmg per second: 109

Last edited by a moderator:
What is causing these laggs and kicks?
DDoS or server issues?

Hey guys, just want to check in here and let you know what's going on.
You might have noticed I haven't been online much in the past 2-3 days, because I got really ill after new year's eve and had to do some work (not necronia related).

But I'm back and hopefully I'll do a lot of stuff tonight and over the next few days.
Unfortunately for Necronia, Tarjei's job had him go to Norway and he'll be there for a while focusing on his job, so I'm not sure how much activity he will be able to provide in terms of Necronia development, but I know that I'll be working a lot. Anyway, I'm continuing with my tests and fixes right now and here's a bit of a schedule on which you can expect things to go down:

• Ranged weapon fixes + weapon mechanic changes in general.
  • Necromancer Mechanic/Spell Changes
  • Saint rebalancing
  • Wildheart Mechanic/Spell changes
  • Applying a massive rebalance in terms of spell formulas for every single class.
My goal is to completely start from the scratch and take a base damage formula for each class tree, then expand their spells from that base formula, ensuring that spells are balanced over the range of all 4 classes in the branch as well as viable for use. This will also provide a great opportunity for the PVP to get balanced, because I'll be opening and working in every spell script, so I might as well take a few minutes for each of them to ensure that their damage/cc/other effects are not overpowered in PVP. In general, all PVE crowd-control is going to be 50% or 75% less effective on players.

I will also see, when I have time (but this will happen later) to rewrite monster spells in a way that will allow players to proc. some special debuffs on them effectively, for example Silence (make them unable to cast spells).

Understand that this 'surgery' on the server might take some time before it's finished, but you'll notice changes happening, starting today.

What is causing these laggs and kicks?
DDoS or server issues?

Honestly, it's been hard to deduct what's going on exactly. From the information we have so far, something has been causing the network traffic to spike at times, which is rather suspicious, but doesn't look to be lasting longer than mere minutes. On the other side, the server seems rather stable now in terms of the scripts and everything, so that's not causing the lag either.
We have some tools monitoring the network as well as I/O traffic and memory usage, so we'll eventually figure out what's going on. DDoS was our first guess, but the chances of that being true are not the highest.

You might have noticed I haven't been online much in the past 2-3 days, because I got really ill after new year's eve and had to do some work (not necronia related).

But I'm back and hopefully I'll do a lot of stuff tonight and over the next few days.
Unfortunately for Necronia, Tarjei's job had him go to Norway and he'll be there for a while focusing on his job, so I'm not sure how much activity he will be able to provide in terms of Necronia development, but I know that I'll be working a lot. Anyway, I'm continuing with my tests and fixes right now and here's a bit of a schedule on which you can expect things to go down:

• Saint rebalancing
  • Applying a massive rebalance in terms of spell formulas for every single class.
My goal is to completely start from the scratch and take a base damage formula for each class tree, then expand their spells from that base formula, ensuring that spells are balanced over the range of all 4 classes in the branch as well as viable for use. This will also provide a great opportunity for the PVP to get balanced, because I'll be opening and working in every spell script, so I might as well take a few minutes for each of them to ensure that their damage/cc/other effects are not overpowered in PVP. In general, all PVE crowd-control is going to be 50% or 75% less effective on players.

I will also see, when I have time (but this will happen later) to rewrite monster spells in a way that will allow players to proc. some special debuffs on them effectively, for example Silence (make them unable to cast spells).

Understand that this 'surgery' on the server might take some time before it's finished, but you'll notice changes happening, starting today.

Honestly, it's been hard to deduct what's going on exactly. From the information we have so far, something has been causing the network traffic to spike at times, which is rather suspicious, but doesn't look to be lasting longer than mere minutes. On the other side, the server seems rather stable now in terms of the scripts and everything, so that's not causing the lag either.
We have some tools monitoring the network as well as I/O traffic and memory usage, so we'll eventually figure out what's going on. DDoS was our first guess, but the chances of that being true are not the highest.

• Saint rebalancing

Can you add an npc that reset ur stats like changing voc for beta? would be cool :p cuz when u change the voc u might need other stats as well

Will finally the Spearman hit thing ? Find out on the next episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.