• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How do we rid the virus that is "RL Map Servers"?

tosuxo

Reaction score
Well it's about time we get rid of what's killing OTS and making it about who can donate the most money to be the "best" for 5 minutes before the server's closed.

One suggestion I have is to rate all threads discussing them with 1*, an easy way to discourage people from viewing them at all.

Any other suggestions?
I'm open to finding bugs to exploit to crash the servers.

It's time these stupid servers are removed from existence and let fun servers thrive.

As Chojrak said.. Not possible ^^ I wish someone with a HUUUUUGE botnet would come and just put DOOOOOOOOOOM on all rl servers

Psudo code for everyone to read:
Code:
SELECT address FROM servers WHERE type = 'Real Map';

foreach address do:
  if !attackSlowLoris():
    if !attackFragment():
      if !attackSyn():
        print address, "are to powerful for ya."

To be realistic I dobt you will ever get rid of the realmaps.

Psudo code for everyone to read:
Code:
SELECT address FROM servers WHERE type = 'Real Map';

foreach address do:
  if !attackSlowLoris():
    if !attackFragment():
      if !attackSyn():
        print address, "are to powerful for ya."

To be realistic I dobt you will ever get rid of the realmaps.

sadly -.-

can always get rid of the bigger ones i guess

I know i want them to go away, a lot of people spend a lot of time on custom ots and they just go to ruin b/c of real map servers >.<

maybe if the TFS don't support real maps anymore.. but well i think it wont hapen

Would be good if OtLand atleast declined all new releases of RealMaps..
It's a start atleast.

I know i want them to go away, a lot of people spend a lot of time on custom ots and they just go to ruin b/c of real map servers >.<

then maybe people like to play the rl map, so what? why would you care if someone host rl maps? Just dont play them?, you wont get more players on ur custom map because u ruin it for the ones with rl map cuz they will only join another server with rl map.

Well, if people start mapping more and work as a community to get a great costum map, piece by piece than it should be possible to get a great costum map. Look at Samuro, Neon, etc etc.
I also do not really understand why people likes the cipsoft map. The huntspots are ugly and mostly too small.. If there is a good huntspot, it's overcrowded ;). Hope people will start mapping more + releasing it, so somebody can use others huntspots in their server!

Well, if people start mapping more and work as a community to get a great costum map, piece by piece than it should be possible to get a great costum map. Look at Samuro, Neon, etc etc.
I also do not really understand why people likes the cipsoft map. The huntspots are ugly and mostly too small.. If there is a good huntspot, it's overcrowded ;). Hope people will start mapping more + releasing it, so somebody can use others huntspots in their server!

there's only one problem... Scammers... Otland is overfilled with them.

To get rid of not worthy real maps and download and run servers...
Because trust me not all real maps server are copy-paste.. we have to start with the community.. full of stupid little kids that want to make some money to buy ps3 games or watever a 14 year old spend their money in..

There's people here that really got addicted to that rep thing.. that even released their projects.. personal stuff, etc, etc
That === No lifers that want to feel important over the internet because they suck in real life haushau

You guys can start by deleting every thread that contains any download and run server.. There should be new rules about posting data packs.. it should only be the maps and some scripts what count.. because trust me i bet 50% of the kids here dont even know what a .exe is or how to even compile it either on windows or linux.. So yea..

It's our fault that open tibia is what it is today.. a piece of shit.. that's honestly what i think.. because i've been aware of ots for 4 or 5 years now and these are not its best days :S

Just keep that in mind

Back