• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

I just wonder

LooSik

Solutions
Reaction score
Why servers downloaded from here that are buggy, undetailed, I could even say lame because the owner doesn't know a shit about programming, even more they ask people to make scripts for them, otserv's which die after few months, are getting so many players :) ?

Seems like players do not have demand on rpg servers, they rather like stage exp, 100x runes, shops where you can sell everything, there is no trade between players and there is sms shop / vip put on. Most of those servers which care about details are not having amount of players they could have. Servers which doesnt care about players really, servers which you can't say they are stable, which you can't admit that have quality staff.

Eloth used to have 400 players, and I still belive it has pontential to, I've put a lot of money ( hosting ), time and effort to achieve point I am now. And I still do put a lot of work on it ( now 8.4 update atm for ex. ). I always cared for details and I always will. But I just feel sad that noob servs which hold for few months at make 500 items on sms shop have more players than eloth. My point is that Eloth is not only server that suffers from that. And yes I'm one of those guys who were making everything for players and this is what I got as payback.

Your server is great, but I'm sure many people are too lazzy to download your client. Also I think you shouldn't care so much for cheaters and rule violators.
Anyway Eloth is the best REAL MAP server because everything is really detailed e.g. real house names and real rent (huge work, which I never would do xD).
I think with your 8.4 update including yalahar you'll get more players.

Good luck,
yours Bennet

I do get your point to a 100%, and myself am working with this kind of project and it would be VERY annoying if the noob servers would get more players, I totally get your point

Wait a second, so you call ExqurSoft team noobs that doesn't know how to program? Then you are a joke man. ps. you are jealous because its going better for ExqurSoft than its going for you.

Wait a second, so you call ExqurSoft team noobs that doesn't know how to program? Then you are a joke man. ps. you are jealous because its going better for ExqurSoft than its going for you.

I didn't call it by names. And I'm jealous ? Not rly, I don't need to be jealous for players ;) I've got aleardy plenty of them which are worth my efforts.

And you better learn reading before getting onto me rofl.

I didn't call it by names. And I'm jealous ? Not rly, I don't need to be jealous for players ;) I've got aleardy plenty of them which are worth my efforts.

And you better learn reading before getting onto me rofl.
Need learn to read? If I would need to learn reading then i wouldn't understand what you wrote. And yes you are pure jealous ;) So if you got many players why complaining?

Need learn to read? If I would need to learn reading then i wouldn't understand what you wrote. And yes you are pure jealous ;) So if you got many players why complaining?

Well you purely missunderstood my words, and getting some fake conclusions from my words.

I didn't address it to anyone, but hey, yes sure i probably mean the Ex~ server... like there would be no other real map servers... I didn't even played that server, I've just said there are lot of noob ones with realities like that. And I am not complaining, I've only said I'm a bit of sad that good servers are sometimes getting shadowed by some newbie ones. But hey you can read right? And topic is "I just wonder" not "I veri complain" :)

Haha they way your write is it makes it sound like complain but sure don't cry:) You wonder why other servers is better then your ill tell you, none like 5x exp rate servers any more they want higher.

Please discuss this matter in a proper way and keep it on-topic or I'm forced to interfere.

The day OTLand and other sites started to release Real Tibia map, That's the day OT got boring :p
Nowadays 80% is real map 15% a shitty map made with RME in 10 sec 3% Eldin and the rest is serious RPGs that don't get any players :/

Zooro~ I really think you missunderstood his words, or I don't know how you are thinking.

Hah.

You are speaking about easy servers and the dead RPG.
I totaly agree with you. I hate it.

However, do you know what I hate as for the most?
Real Tibia Map Servers.

Can't you do anything of your own?
The real tibia map should stay at real tibia, OT will kill it someday.

Download the real tibia map and then giving it alot of updates and getting into details is also worth respect.
But whining about other real map servers when you have one yourself?
Pff.
Try work with a huge map etc from scratch and you'll see what work is.

Beside that, I respect you for trying to give people what they wnat and that your not standing for 100x servers.

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

You are speaking about easy servers and the dead RPG.
I totaly agree with you. I hate it.

However, do you know what I hate as for the most?
Real Tibia Map Servers.

Can't you do anything of your own?
The real tibia map should stay at real tibia, OT will kill it someday.

Download the real tibia map and then giving it alot of updates and getting into details is also worth respect.
But whining about other real map servers when you have one yourself?
Pff.
Try work with a huge map etc from scratch and you'll see what work is.

Beside that, I respect you for trying to give people what they wnat and that your not standing for 100x servers.

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

I like mapping and i know how much work it is to put in ;)

I've put over 3 years in mine, so that's plenty of work as well... And I'm not whining about real maps itself... I just said that i don't like mentioned downloaded servers which all scripts were made by others.

I've created Eloth because my point was to give players same thing that you can see on real tibia - some serious rpg feeling, but also thing that they do not need to put so much effort as it's required on real tibia.

As far as I know Eloth had those 400 players at some point, but you see.. times change.

A year ago there were few real map servers and they didn't atrract much attention, because every one was looking for something new. I don't know where does this attraction come from now, but probably from the possibility to explore every place fast and get to know it. So you're asking why 1000x xp servers? That's why, it's just faster this way

So back in days there few real map servers and you had lots of players, but now they have a wide choice, so most choose the easier ones. It's the same with my servers, although not real map - I keep them at x5 exp rate with constantly updated self made map which is 30 mb right now. I had 400+ players on 2 servers half a year ago. Now it's barely 200 and shrinking.

I also join the list, I didn't got so many players, but at beginnings, I got 55 players online... 55! (in my country thats a big deal) I was 2nd (chosen by the people themselves) on the best servers of Venezuela (first was/is dovux), now, I re-opened with a new map (a new map!) new quests, new monsters and still didn't got more than 15 players... I'm way sooo angry, I spent like 3 entire months creating sprites, 1 month on map (and still deleted, then I remade it!) and now I don't get many players...

I'm soo pissed off... xD I really don't want to talk about it but I'm seriously thinking on put a real map nooba server... I want a war 20-20 people at least =(

P.S. War servers are not the solution because I want people lose his efforts on war xD

------------------

@ZoOoOoroORoroRorOROo... (or some like that :p) I think you missunderstood his words, even worst, you by yourself put you on the noob server list by getting angry with a post like this, that doesn't refers names, or people owner of a "noob server". Maybe you can understand later.

I don't think his complaint was directed at the them.

Why servers downloaded from here that are buggy, undetailed, I could even say lame because the owner doesn't know a shit about programming, even more they ask people to make scripts for them, otserv's which die after few months, are getting so many players :) ?

That's obviously not any ExqurSoft servers. :)
I'm sure he has tons of respect for them. From what I understood it sounds to me that if that all the servers beating him with the amount of players online had as much effort and skill behind them that are put into the ExqurSoft servers he would have no reason to complain, just legit competiton for being the truly better OT server.

I personally don't like real map servers either, but they are what is in demand. Hopefully the players who like the real map servers so much will get sick of playing the same map over and over and start to play some with custom maps.

I am not bashing the ExqurSoft servers either for using real maps, it was the team's decision to use it. I'm sure they had their reasons and I'm positive it wasn't because they were too lazy to create a custom map :p

I am not choosing sides between you two either, I just think you (ZoOorO) misunderstood the point he was trying to make.

I'm sure you would be quite angry too if you put in the effort he has for his server simply to be overshadowed by other OTs that the owners simply download and host, and get all their scripts from other people.

Last edited:
Back