• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Maveria Reborn - Coming back online soon!

Would you play Maveria?

• Yes, looks great!

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Yes, but could use some changes...

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Maybe, but needs to be some changes...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe, seems average

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • No, don't like this

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters

BeniS

Advanced OT User
Senator
Reaction score
banner.png

So as of lately I have had some spare time to work on an old server I started up a while back, I thought it would be cool to just start a little bit of a discussion about the server, sharing its features, game-play, pvp, etc. I decided I'd rework Maveria about 2 months ago doing major, optimization, stabilizing and adding lots of new content for end game players (high level). The experience of hosting the server the first time has allowed me to sharpen the game-play for end game players which for most servers is where it can be lacking. Players find themselves saying "What do I do now?" or you can get new players wonder what direction to take starting the server. With all this in mind I have been reworking and enhancing Maveria. I am really interested in getting feedback from potential players, what kind of things they would love to see and feedback on Maveria's existing content. Before I go any further I should state up front that Maveria is based on the Cipsoft map, "But Ben, Real map is bad, but Ben real map is copy paste host, but Ben..." I understand that a lot of Real maps out there have taken on a bad name as money makers or lazy hosting, diluting the Open Tibia community crushing its creativity. However I have a different view on this, think about it from my point of view: I am one developer, I have limited time and limited resources, this means I can't map an entire server from scratch "But Ben you could just get a mapper on board" I understand that I could do this, but my past experience and no doubt there will be others out there will the same issue that mappers that you "hire" or "join" the project can be the most unproductive members of the community I have every seen. With excuses like, I don't have inspiration right now <- basically means, I can't be bothered I rather do something else lol. This is just my experience and I'm not saying all mappers are like this, but the majority I have tried to work with have done this. Anyway this is why I have gone with the Cipsoft style map, it means I have the ability to create a fun RPG and PVP experience focusing strictly on the games mechanics and not so much the mapping side. Which is what I am good at.

So! With all that out of the way, what is Maveria?
Maveria is strongly focused on PVP with semi-high experience/skill rates (similar to something like shadowcores rates). I have written all the common main quests, things like POI, Inquisition, demon oak, etc thoroughly testing them and ensuring they are stable. The server is based on 9.83 base content with all the new continents like the Deepling underwater maps, Swarm Hive, Gnomebase (opening after release), etc. Most of the mounts will be available in-game identical to official tibia mechanics:

Widow Queen, Racing Bird, War Bear, Black Sheep, Midnight Panther, Draptor, Titanica, Tin Lizzard, Rapid Boar, Stampor, Undead Cavebear, Donkey, Tiger Slug, Uniwheel, Crystal Wolf, War Horse, Kingly Deer, Tamed Panda, Dromedary, Sandstone Scorpion, Brown Horse, Armoured War Horse, Horse, Ladybug, Manta Ray, Dragonling and Water Buffalo

With some custom mounts that can be rewarded through other events. I decided not to go with so many tacky events like Zombies, poorly scripted capture the flags etc. I decided instead to create a new PVP system that I think has never before been seen (as far as I have seen). The Arena those of you who have played World of Warcraft have probably experienced its Arena System. Which is basically the concept my arena has been based on.

See the next post for detailed information

Last edited:
What is the Arena?
The Arena system is a way for players to engage in combat via 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3, or 5 vs 5 battle teams. Players will not risk death loses in these battles, but can lose or gain rating for loses or wins. You can earn arena rating points to unlock and buy new items from the Arena Vendors in Thais, which are items tailored for hardcore pvp (specialized pvp attributes). Top rated teams will show up on the website top rated teams list to show who truly dominates Maveria's player vs player.

The Battles
To battle in the Arena you must first be in an arena team (see tutorial for commands or do it from the website). You then need to join a party with your team members, the leader of the party will then be able to queue the team up for battle (using the command: !arena-battle type for example !arena-battle 2v2), and will match you up with another team to fight! Your team will now be queued for a battle.

Once you are matched up with a team to fight you will be teleported to a random battle map, where the battle will begin in 40 seconds time. Battles can last up to 40 minutes. To win the arena battle a team must defeat each member of the opposing team. When a member is defeated in the arena he will become 'ghosted' unable to talk via chat or perform any combat actions, this will still allow the player to observe the battles. No item loss or death penalty is applied in arena.

Each vocation is restricted to a certain amount of healing supply and mana supply (for example healing potions or mana potions). This is to ensure battles are not won by the person with the most supplies and will require players to use skill, strategy and precision to win.

Healing/Mana Supply Limits (at the moment)
  • 2v2 Battle:
    • Knight: 50 Health / 120 Mana supplies
    • Paladin: 45 Health / 65 Mana supplies
    • Druid: 20 Health / 50 Mana supplies
    • Sorcerer: 10 Health / 55 Mana supplies
  • 3v3 Battle:
    • Knight: 70 Health / 140 Mana supplies
    • Paladin: 65 Health / 85 Mana supplies
    • Druid: 20 Health / 70 Mana supplies
    • Sorcerer: 10 Health / 75 Mana supplies
  • 5v5 Battle:
    • Knight: 80 Health / 150 Mana supplies
    • Paladin: 75 Health / 105 Mana supplies
    • Druid: 20 Health / 85 Mana supplies
    • Sorcerer: 10 Health / 90 Mana supplies
This system is one of the main events of Maveria, where you can progress up the board and gain awesome new gear as you go! I hope people will enjoy this mechanic and will ensure its not to difficult to do.

Some Arena Maps:
arena-mountain.png

arena-desert-mountain.png

arena-snow.png

arena-volcano-big.png

Credits to @Peroxide for 3 of these maps (All but the snow map was done by him)

I will record some examples of the arena experience soon and link it here later.

Last edited:
Next, Quest Chains:
Maveria has RPG quest chains where all the quests provide detailed quest log information.

Alvar the Warchief
alvar-warcheif.png

Thais Warchief, commander of the human armies. He will offer new players quests that reward experience, gold, outfits, and mounts. The quests help give new players some direction and sense of progression through the Maverian world. While doing these quests you could also speak to Grizzly Adams, he is scripted and tested and will only sell/buy items to/from players with the required ranks. All of the bosses work when you completed the quests that unlock each boss, and many of the tasks can be repeated just like Cipsoft mechanics.

Custom Spells:
This is currently an on going progress during the next release, I want to ensure all custom spell implementations are balanced and well rounded for all vocations. These are the current custom spells:
  • Haste Cleave
    • Vocation: Knight
    • Description: Removed the targets haste, can be thrown from a distance (3 range)
    • Cooldown: 15 seconds
    • Range: 3sqm
    • Mana: 250
    • Level: 95
  • Lightning Chains
    • Vocation: Sorcerer
    • Description: Locks (stuns) the targets movement for 2.7 seconds, once a target has been stunned he or she receives a lightning resistance condition that doesn't allow them to be stunned again for 15 seconds (by any player).
    • Cooldown: 45 seconds
    • Range: 4
    • Mana: 1250
  • Piercing Taunt
    • Vocation: Paladin
    • Description: Shoots an arrow that taunts (challenges) the target receiving it (for PVE).
    • Cooldown: 15 seconds
    • Range: 7
    • Mana: 260
    • Level: 70
  • Poison Blade
    • Vocation: Knight
    • Description: Shoots a poisonous blade at the target causing them to become drunk for 7 seconds.
    • Cooldown: 35 seconds
    • Range: 2
    • Mana: 280
Will upload some videos of these spells in action later

Improved Mounts:
Mounts reward you with differing speeds (rather than just 20 for all mounts). The rarer the mount the faster it will go! This gives more incentive to own rarer mounts rather than just the cool look. To allow for fair pvp mounts have a chance of dismounting when you take a certain amount of damage, you are then exhausted for about 6 seconds.

Improved Addons:
Addons reward you with bonus attributes that I will list here soon. Things like mana increases, health increases, speed increases, skill bonuses, etc. Almost all the addons are obtainable in-game with a few reserved for Arena rewards.

Raids (Bosses):
Maveria has lots of fun raids including most of the Cipsoft boss raids.

NPC Dialog Interaction:
You can interact with NPC's in a faster way using Modal Dialogs.
travel-dialog.png

Right clicking on NPC's allows you to interact with NPC's faster.

House Auctions:
auction-system.png

Maveria has a working auction system to purchase houses fairly and easily.

Donator Privileges:
As someone who donates to help keep Maveria online we want to reward you with some in game privileges, things like:
  • Free boat traveling,
  • Some NPC's will help you in quests,
  • Cheaper blessings,
  • Guild warning message - If you are attacked by a player your guild will be sent a warning message to help provide you assistance.
  • Ability to buy Arena PVP items from the vendors,
  • Shorter town scroll recharge time (30 minutes)
  • Reserved for more privileges later
Offline Training:
Offline training statues like official tibia.
offline-training.png

Polished Map:

The map has had many iterations of cleaning and bug fixing to avoid annoying map glitches.

Some other Mechanics:
  • map.gif
    beacon.gif
    Beacon of Travel (acquired from Alvar the Warchief Task: Retrieve the Beacon), this system allows players to place a Beacon of Travel on the map, this beacon will signal where you can teleport back to with a two hour travel exhaustion. You just need to right click on the map, while the torch will allow you place the beacon of fire.
  • 2345.gif
    Town Scroll (Acquired at first login or from Quintin in Thais), this system allows player to teleport back to their home town every 60 minutes (or 30 minutes if you are a donator)
  • No item loss below level 70 to help new players starting out in Maveria.
  • PVP exploit fixes, things like stair hopping, anit-push scripts, etc have been dealt with in Maveria. Stair hopping will cause the player to become heal exhausted for a brief time to help those silly stair hop battles. The server won't allow players to move items under themselves too quickly applying an item move exhaustion to specific items that are commonly used for this.
  • Weapon smith NPC near each cities temple for Knights to purchase starter weapons from.
  • Fully functional casting system that is expected to have some helpful features when streaming wars etc. More information on this later to the time.
  • All the 9.83 map content revamps like Outlaw Camp, Venore, extra spawn additions around the place, etc.
  • Functional market system obviously.
So there will be consistent updates once Maveria is online for the open BETA in about 1 week. During that time I want to get feedback and just some general discussion about likes, dislikes, etc. Please keep the criticism constructive for the sake of helping me improve my server. There is probably some stuff that I have forgot to add here since there are quite a lot of features to list. I will add anything I missed in separate posts.

Last edited:
@BeniS can't wait bro, looks sick. Been trying to get back into Ot's for a while now and this should be able to pull me back. Always liked this server and I'm glad to see it'll feature 3 of my small war maps, although you edited the first one with the -1 floor but it's all good. Looking forward to it.

Sounds awesome, will be following this and try it out when you release it.

Sweet to know that the arena teams will still be in there. Is it a bit easier to use yet? (less confusing for others)?

Yeah, thinking of making an in-game tutorial or something to help players understand it. I am working on making the arena easier with modal dialogs too. So you just type !arena and you get all the options on what you can do.

Will for sure play this.

However, just a question.
Why open beta? I feel like a closed beta would actually be more constructive as people in open beta doesn't do diddly squat.
In open beta you would have a ton of randoms who wouldn't report small bugs or what not because they simply do not care.
In closed beta you would elect e.g. 10-15 people that is perhaps active within the community. That way you know who is playing and it'll be easier to contact.

However, this is just my opinion. I'll be lurking this thread to see when the beta is! :)

Will for sure play this.

However, just a question.
Why open beta? I feel like a closed beta would actually be more constructive as people in open beta doesn't do diddly squat.
In open beta you would have a ton of randoms who wouldn't report small bugs or what not because they simply do not care.
In closed beta you would elect e.g. 10-15 people that is perhaps active within the community. That way you know who is playing and it'll be easier to contact.

However, this is just my opinion. I'll be lurking this thread to see when the beta is! :)
Not a bad suggestion actually. I think perhaps a closed beta would be better suited, I'll create a new post for it when the time comes.

Spell Spotlight: Knight Charge
Charges the Knight to the targets position, this will be balanced by a longish cooldown. Knight have always suffered with mobility, so this will help Knights in this area.

Last edited:
That looks really cool! I have some ideas which you can possibly use if you are interested!

That looks really cool! I have some ideas which you can possibly use if you are interested!
Yep, I would love suggestions from the community. That is most of the reason I created this thread :)

Spell Spotlight: Lightning Chains
Locks the targets movement for 2.7 seconds. Should probably have moved again on the Knight to demo this, but it is a really great spell in PVP.
Targets will receive a lock resistance condition for 15 seconds after being stunned. This is to avoid multiple locks in a row which is a bit unfair as you can understand.

Spell Spotlight: Lightning Chains
Locks the targets movement for 2.7 seconds. Should probably have moved again on the Knight to demo this, but it is a really great spell in PVP.
Targets will receive a lock resistance condition for 15 seconds after being stunned. This is to avoid multiple locks in a row which is a bit unfair as you can understand.

Wouldn't this spell render Druids useless, since they used to be the ones paralyzing targets in order to be able to trap them? With this stun you won't need paralyzes anymore.

Back