• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

STOP MAKING OT's AND JOIN A PROJECT!

If anyone is interested in joining my project you can log in right now and check the server out (it's not launched, I just keep it online for testing and checking out how stuff look in-game)
You can click on my signature to see my old thread (very outdated and not being maintenance at all.)

IP: osirion.hopto.org
Client: 8.54 (this is just temporary, I have not modified the source code yet)
I'm not trying to advertise here.. or well maybe, but not for the sake of players, this is actually on-topic if you ask me. (if it is off-topic, I'm so sorry, just remove my post)
The website is also just temporary.

Most of all I need mappers but also community managers.
If you pop-in I'll give you god-access so that you can explore and see if this is a project you would like to be involved in.

Edit: It's offline until tomorrow.

Last edited:
Seems everyone slaps "custom" onto their server now.

Oh God Why.

How can a Real Map be 100% custom?

It's more of an custom-map inspired by the real-map.
The only thing that is copy-pasta rl-map is some spawns like the wyrmcave and some quests.

Last edited:
@aryak, i have a scripter in my project, thats all i need as i already stated.
This is unrelated to my project lol i just stated it as a general issue.

I don't care about what you need for your server, my point was that your formulation was shitty

Besides I don't see why someone can't open an OT of his/her own. I believe the biggest problem is too high ambitions among OT developers, which eventually lead to too much work and boredom

The fact that many OTs have no future is not surprising since many of them are utterly crap. 999x exp rl map etc.

Besides I don't see why someone can't open an OT of his/her own. I believe the biggest problem is too high ambitions among OT developers, which eventually lead to too much work and boredom
So true.
The fact that many OTs have no future is not surprising since many of them are utterly crap. 999x exp rl map etc.
So false. It are just the developers who let an ots have no future. Only a very few other factors that play a very small role.

I wanna say just stop ragging on the 'noob' servers, obviously something they do other than the copy paste is bothering you and I think it's just the amount of 'noob' players on there. I love certain noob servers because they are the only servers where at times you can have fun just screwing around and if you lose your account it's just like "Oh well, time to find a new one" I say donating is worthless, if you donate then you are the noob. Make with what you got and as for creating servers the reason they put custom on most of their servers is because they don't know how to edit very much so they edit all they can and call it 'custom' to their preferences. We all have preferences and standards and they have theirs. You can't stop one thing just because you believe it's stupid or all of religion/government/internet/etc. would be really restricted or gone by now. Let them make their 'noob give donation servers' and you get busy with your own. Don't worry about others and worry about yourself as for a team? Get some friends together that you know you can trust, have them send everything to you and you put it in the server. Case solved, the only one to blame are hackers, DDOSERS. :)

I am not "worried" about what others do, i am simple stating that it is annoying seeing millions of servers where about 10 of them are decent. It is more ADVICE than anything.

This is ending this topic, someone close because of the flamers.

If you intend to start a server please see:
This
This
This

And note that to be successful you really need to be interacting with your staff, players and if you see a lot of players in depot or temple doing nothing saying they are bored.. Just /ghost, and create a few monsters for raid etc (nothing too big maybe an orc or minotaur raid?)
Make sure you don't "overdo" the server where it doesn't really resemble tibia much anymore, don't go overboard, and keep it simple yet aim for a busy server, make some things be spontaneous aswell..

My thread was not a "NO ONE MAKE OTS" thread. It is mainly for the warning and advice to all.

If you create an ot, be sure you can maintain and manage it. Don't expect to be successful if you plan to log in every few hours check it and log off.

Get staff, or even yourself checking random players in /ghost by /goto PLAYER and check if they are botting. I understand most of the OT community bot, but to the ones who don't, playing a server where there are like 100 botters online is a disincentive to play.

Make the server enjoyable for you, and all involved.

@walking~

Thing is it isn't just noob servers, and this is purely advice not a rage. I am trying to help the "community" atleast see this point of view, and i understand there is a flip side, and i agree, but most case scenarios are as i've stated.

Last edited:
@GhostX: Yes you are right about the keep things simple and make little raids here and there or events, you are right on maintaining it and managing it but you also have to realize that sometimes you arn't able to due to certain circumstances. If you were trying to help the community then don't make a thread about "stop making ots" and make one on "Ways to make your OT more succesfull" or "How to make your OT become more known and fun".

Actually GhostX says not to start a project as a noob, instead, try to join a project? Instead of having 100 solo projects, join forces and have 10 projects with large teams that have a chance of succesion.

I see your point. But how many projects are willing to take members? I've seen alot of applicants out there.

Well like he said, get out there, get known a bit. By know he means, and I'm quite sure about this, get some skills and let people acknowledge you because of those skills. No one wants to hire someone who has no experience at all, some one who isn't capeable of doing their jobs right because they just lack the skills. Practice makes perfect but perfect is just too much, we settle with less, still people don't even have less. So get some skills dammit!

Yes but as you are saying, some people cannot get skill being GM, CM, GOD, ST because they never get the chance or never have been or will become those, hence why certain people make servers.

Seems like macedoon is totally in tune with my intentions of this thread. Others seem to partially understand my intentions and others well, yh.. >.<

People nowdays make OTServers because of the money. They hope to get alot of players and earn money thinking they are Bill Gates.
But they're not.
picture-1033404.png

All they do is download a TFS and a Real Tibian Map, and start the damn server. People nowdays can't make Ot's for SHIT.

I meant skills like mapping, scripting and what not, not being GM ....... Seriously, its not hard, not at all, to interpret what GhostX means.

Thing is, it seems like the experienced members are understanding me and the inexperienced aren't.. Completely ironic really! Since it is the inexperienced that need to understand :p

Well, hopefully for those "inexperienced", the small minority of them who have active braincells will take this advice and may it help them develop their skills as they deserve it! :)

Back