• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] Harry Potter Online (custom 8.54)

It's because the lvl dosn't mean any, more then more hp/mana..

Still doing some vocation balancing. Will be changing knights being overpowered right now, but I'll make sure they're fair too.
Also, there will soon be more bonuses for players that team up for any size hunt :)

Knights are not owerpowerd as a mage can block demons easier then a knight can? should not a knight be blocker??

And knight got no spells (dmg or healing?) so can only kill those creature that not make more then 150-200 dmg (as it's so much you can heal) but a mage with manashield can get 250+ mana each second =) and those who have prem (how do they get it??) can use more spells so they are even more powerfull then a knight..
the only good with the knight is they block phys fine, but monsters that do magical dmg. can they dont block :p

Knights are not owerpowerd as a mage can block demons easier then a knight can? should not a knight be blocker??

And knight got no spells (dmg or healing?) so can only kill those creature that not make more then 150-200 dmg (as it's so much you can heal) but a mage with manashield can get 250+ mana each second =) and those who have prem (how do they get it??) can use more spells so they are even more powerfull then a knight..
the only good with the knight is they block phys fine, but monsters that do magical dmg. can they dont block :p

So the basic gist is:
more healing spells for knights?

If so, I'll see what I can do :). Balance is very important to me in this game.

Better healing, but also dmg spells. and lower the damage output or the damage "speed". now a knight hit as high as a mage (wand + spell) but the mage can change the Element. it can't knight.. so for example, on the knight a take 200 dmg on demons and up to 600 on trainers. with almost 100 in skill and 2 handed weapon.

Grims did 600 dmg on my knight.. and i can't heal so much. so if you fix the spells and healing, then maybe knight has to strong dmg from weapons (?) if you are lucky to get a strong weapon (witch is hard)

I try kill Hydra but it was almost impassible. due to paralysin and run away. so fix the rang spell for knight "exori hur

But i think you have to do the balance in more steps.. fix the healing and spells.. and look how good they are then.. but the only "owerpowerd" by knight is they can block the phys dmg from a gs(and other creatures) to good.

Edit: i didn't understand how to get the smallstone, you just said right of dp? if you could explain that more.. So i can get some dist and try the ranger. becouse i think it's the worst voc.. highest ranger is lvl 8?

Last edited:
I'll try to fix the healing first. Once that's fair I'll work on battle spells specific for battle mages (currently all spells are for all vocations, but not all based on level/skills rather than mag lvl).

I'll be adding a script tonight (hopefully) where you use the pick on a blank rune it'll turn into 25 small stones.
....or I'll make spears never break but do low damage :)

Thanks for the feedback :)

Or you can do small stones never break? they don't have so much dmg anyways :) more fair to knight when you can train "forever" and that would make paladin more common.. (easier to train up good dist) the dmg on smallstone can be close to 1.. as long as you keep getting dist..

The problem is that you don't have all spells, like exori hur and so.. i could only find exori as knight spell.

But fix the healing first, and after that balance the damage output. (more spells dmg and reduce the dmg from weapon a little)

Or you can do small stones never break? they don't have so much dmg anyways :) more fair to knight when you can train "forever" and that would make paladin more common.. (easier to train up good dist) the dmg on smallstone can be close to 1.. as long as you keep getting dist..

The problem is that you don't have all spells, like exori hur and so.. i could only find exori as knight spell.

But fix the healing first, and after that balance the damage output. (more spells dmg and reduce the dmg from weapon a little)

give me 5 mins and they -should- be infinite... or i'll make a free spell to make them lol

Or do both, is i don't know any way i can get smallstone the way it's now. (should not be hard to make them infinite) or a spell to create some :)

Or do both, is i don't know any way i can get smallstone the way it's now. (should not be hard to make them infinite) or a spell to create some :)

as a short fix until next update:
You will (when I get back in-game in 10 mins) be able to buy 100 small stones for 10gp from the equipment shop.

Edit: they're 1gp each and should last long enough. Added for now :)

Last edited:
Awesome server, keep updating or hax! :p

IGN: Shinmaru
does the pick and knife break? if so, increase the chance that it breaks it seems a bit abusive, unless that's how it's meant to be.

Awesome server, keep updating or hax! :p

IGN: Shinmaru
does the pick and knife break? if so, increase the chance that it breaks it seems a bit abusive, unless that's how it's meant to be.

Ooh... Never thought about making them break! I could add that actually, not a -huge- chance, but maybe 1 in every 250 it has chance of breaking, or maybe they have charges... Hmmmm definitely something to work on, thanks :)

Can you not do that if you use the pick/knife to much you will have to rest for some time (after x charge it take y time until you can use it again) then it's not so abusive? or what you think?

Edit: 75 small stone last 20 mins

Last edited:
Can you not do that if you use the pick/knife to much you will have to rest for some time (after x charge it take y time until you can use it again) then it's not so abusive? or what you think?

Edit: 75 small stone last 20 mins

I suppose I could add a bigger exhaust on them. But then again rune stores will need blanks to make runes etc. I know the Leaky Couldron buys blanks for, I believe, 5gp each. 20 blanks for 100gp or w.e. isn't enough 'cos there's not enough competition...

With that in mind, if anyone, who promises to be active, would like a store to sell food (regular or fish etc) or runes or even equipment, please tell me and I'll allocate a shop for you, and give you permission to use the Broadcast spell ;).

Stones don't break after the server reboot by the way, the shop is a temporary fix :)

Then i hope it will be a SS today ;)

Edit:
Runes could we sell in our shop, as long they don't req prem. and someone ask for it a bit before so i have time to make them :)
and i got some equipment (things that i can't sell in the shop) but not to low lvls. only mid lvls. but im pretty active.

But i believe we need more people until someone will take the shop thing serious.

brb school now away 5 hours =)

Then i hope it will be a SS today ;)

Edit:
Runes could we sell in our shop, as long they don't req prem. and someone ask for it a bit before so i have time to make them :)
and i got some equipment (things that i can't sell in the shop) but not to low lvls. only mid lvls. but im pretty active.

But i believe we need more people until someone will take the shop thing serious.

brb school now away 5 hours =)

PM me in game when i'm not afk (having a family is draining on free time lol) and I'll find you a nice shop location :)

I'm making all current spells and rune spells free account. The only premium one/s will be the Apperation (apparetus "Diagon Alley" for example) and a few special spells :)
Unfortunately I lost quite a few new spells in the transfer process (corrupt rar files and nothing to fix it with -.-) so I'll be working on the spells again soon. I'll also be adding some more fun-spells, and other secrets to Hogwarts. Eventually there will be portraits covering the entrance to the houses (in the school) and they require a password, which is chosen at random every day, but you're told it when you log in anyway... or I may remove that... lol

Any ideas or problems please tell me either on here or in game or the website forums :)

i allready got the shop in diagon alley, the pub =) do i really need another one too? much easier if i can make that i need from that one only =)

Ye, password or that you just can enter your "guild" in the school.. can i make another Guild later when i have gone out the school 20+?

Should not be hard to make all spells for just free account. i could make it if you need help (it's just copy pass anyways, and shouldn't be to hard for me)

Edit:

Online name "Snape" is your char? lvl 50 mage with mlvl 0 and it's 4 lvl 50 char with same exp.

i allready got the shop in diagon alley, the pub =) do i really need another one too? much easier if i can make that i need from that one only =)

Ye, password or that you just can enter your "guild" in the school.. can i make another Guild later when i have gone out the school 20+?

Should not be hard to make all spells for just free account. i could make it if you need help (it's just copy pass anyways, and shouldn't be to hard for me)

Edit:

Online name "Snape" is your char? lvl 50 mage with mlvl 0 and it's 4 lvl 50 char with same exp.

The school guilds are just for the House Cup events and such, that's all really :)

I can edit spells in seconds, replace all prem="yes" with "" ;)

I only use Mfm Socks mainly. I'll be making a direct walking route to Hogsmeade from Hogwarts, which can only be entered, after the update, if you're a member of the school. That way, once you leave Hogwarts you cannot return. Think of it as Rookgaard from now on :p Also make sure you're sure you want to leave when you change your town to anywhere else. Very soon you won't be able to enter anywhere except Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade if you're still a student (and of course Hogwarts), but you can still, obviously, trade with main-world players :)

But, what's the point in leaving rook then? if your leaving you can't came back. but if you dont leave you can anyways travel to the "main" ?

And you should make a boat from the south of the map? it's a bit long to walk from south (all hunting areas) to the citys in north. becouse as it's now. only reson to travel is from rook to main and back.

And the trainers wont be able to train with if you leave rook?

But, what's the point in leaving rook then? if your leaving you can't came back. but if you dont leave you can anyways travel to the "main" ?

And you should make a boat from the south of the map? it's a bit long to walk from south (all hunting areas) to the citys in north. becouse as it's now. only reson to travel is from rook to main and back.

And the trainers wont be able to train with if you leave rook?

Rook is going to be 100% non-pvp, so you can get used to the game etc. You can eventually come back if you're employed by the school to work there :)

Apperation spell will be available for 1 week to free account players, I'll post a list of destinations so you can just apperate there, a boat will eventually be added too.

There's trainers up stairs in Diagon Alley, by the trees in the fruit shop. Also trainers in Hogsmeade abode the depot (west of the pub).

I'm working on some nifty new stuff right now ;)

Maybe Change the huntings spot under the hogwarts castle, as it's not for lvl 15-20 it's more for highlvls.. it's almost the best hunting spot there (on the free lands) (biggest dl spawn)

and the gs kill a lvl 15-20 to easy.. maybe a battle knight who can block the phys can kill it.. gs is to strong for a lvl 15, and if hogwarts is designed to lvl 20. what do you think?