• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[TFR] What would YOU like to see in a true RPG server?

Sam

Banned User
Reaction score
The Forgotten Realms
What would you like to see?

Greetings everyone!

Servers have been created for years now, servers that differ from one another. Servers that are completely opposite of what the public wants, servers that are exactly what you want. It's all a matter of opinion. Now, I am not going to lie - I want to know EXACTLY what you guys want, and I want to make it possible for you! I have encoded a special quest-submittion form onto TFR's official forums where you may submit quest ideas and other cool information to our staff. Before you get going I do feel it's necessary to explain the project a little more.

What are the Forgotten Realms:
The Forgotten Realms are a dedicated project that has been worked on for over a year and doesn't plan to end anytime soon. Last week, TFR had purchased the Ere'nath map and are basing the project on that map - although be warned we have added our special touch to it and edited certain areas; so for those of you who know Ere'nath don't expect to know TFR all that well. TFR is a project, and we plan to be THE BEST. Yeah, it may be a hard assumption - but right now, out of the servers that are released I can personally guarantee you that they will not be comparable to the amount of stuff we'll have in The Forgotten Realms. Our map is currently situated at 10MB, and we plan to add over 3-5MB of pure quest lands alone. Our goal is to have over 100 quests, including basic chest quests - but hey, that is still a lot of quests!

What are your objectives for the Forgotten Realms?
  • Over 100 quests - that are ranging from quests simple as walking into a cave, fighting a few creatures and receiving a reward to quests that will take months to solve (litterly).
  • Have one of the best servers in OT history.
  • To make a dent on the page of OT's best servers.
  • To create a server that everyone will like, well *almost* everyone.
  • To have a dedicated support team who are not one-sided and willing to help you through any problem.
  • Be one of the most organized teams there are (as far as I know) concerning working for us.
  • Have a 100% custom, detailed map (doi!).
To complete our objectives we need YOUR help.

How I can help The Forgotten Realms:
There are several ways you may help The Forgotten Realms. Yeah, you could join our team and work alongside our staff team - you'll find a thread in your local job section; we are looking for one more mapper, a scripter or two and a few testers.

Also, if you're a busy person or don't have any talent in those areas - you are able to contribute your ideas to The Forgotten Realms by posting in our section on TibiaDimensions or simply submitting a quest idea to our staff team on TibiaDimensions. A link to the quest submittion area will be listed in the reference section below.

References:
Staff Team:
  • rax0n: Project Leader, Mapper & Scripter
  • JoccE: Head Mapper & Co-Developer
  • Icetear: Mapper.
  • aoZ: Mapper.
  • Zapatch: Desert Mapper.
Handy Links:

Without further delay, I hope you found this post interesting and are willing to contribute to The Forgotten Realms. Remember, TFR is a project made by us; for you. Not by us, for ourselves. So please take the time to submit a few quest ideas and a few ideas at our hosted forums. You don't even have to register to submit quest ideas, although to make posts you do need to register on TibiaDimensions.

I hope you guys would like to contribute!

Thank you,
Sam (rax0n)
TFR Project Leader

Quests, quests, quests... include them to work in quest logs as well.

Seeing that Icetear is mapping, quests should be very unique.

Even though you have 100, keep adding more, do quests like the paradox tower where it's almost unsolvable.

Quests, quests, quests... include them to work in quest logs as well.

Seeing that Icetear is mapping, quests should be very unique.

Even though you have 100, keep adding more, do quests like the paradox tower where it's almost unsolvable.
Yup. We need some suggestions tho!

I'd love to see this server running ;)
Team seems great!
Yeah!

Yes! But not TOO low exp. About 8-10x exp is perfect :)

Nah, my general idea:

- Experience rate will be 4-6x, not sure.
- There will be several quests you can do to "improve" your experience rate; for example: you can do a quest that will improve your experience rate by 1.5x (so if it was 4, it would be 6) for a couple hours.

Things like that... and you can get bonus EXP from quests 'n shit too. ;>

Quest suggestions:

Have quests like the Yalahari Quest in Real Tibia.
Choose a side: Good or Evil
Then both sides will have different quests.

Another is you gotta pull a switch from the beginning of a path, then you have to reach the end of the path before time runs out, leaving certain levels will certain speeds can only succeed. To decorate the path, put spikes and stuff on the walls that shoot arrows, also put fire fields so they can't map click.

I'll think of more.

EXP stages from like 20x, if you start with 7x and keep it 7x, you won't get players.

Quest suggestions:

Another is you gotta pull a switch from the beginning of a path, then you have to reach the end of the path before time runs out, leaving certain levels will certain speeds can only succeed. To decorate the path, put spikes and stuff on the walls that shoot arrows, also put fire fields so they can't map click.

I'll think of more.
Good job.

Can you submit a few on our site? :)

EXP stages from like 20x, if you start with 7x and keep it 7x, you won't get players.

Uhh, 20x is too high I think. ;>

Hes absolutely correct. If players login at lvl 8 and its like 7x it will take for ever to get started. and players will quit

Maybe a little bit at the beginning, but it'll get slow fast. We'll see anyway. ;)

Besides there will be quests for experience, so it's not only leveling.

just make it exp from lvl 8-200 - 10x then 200-250 - 8x then 250-300 7x, after that just make the rest 300+ like 2-4x

if the exp is so high it will be a server like each other is.

but i think rax0n wants a special server.

When he don't choose me for his Team i will play on this Server.

Quest suggestions:

I'll think of more.
I believe you're able to modify the DAT file to prevent element fields to block your path while mapclicking. You would get hurt, but it would also be possible to run through them easily by mapclicking. Correct me if I'm wrong, I just thought I saw that in TibiaBot.com forums once. :_)

@Topic:
Good luck mate :_) if you need help with PHP or so, let me know.

Back