• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Unnamed 7.7 RealOTS based on players thoughts.

Ecstazya

RealOTS.co
Reaction score
The storyline as we used in the last discussion.

Storyline:

We have gotten our hands onto something very special, a copy of the pure retro 2005 Tibia files, the copy itself is exactly as Tibia was in 2005 with some custom changes to the server. We have decided to add a few new features such as increased damage on knights weapons overall and a additional increasement if you decide to enchant your weapon for 10k, the enchant does last 12 hours and it will decay even if you are logged out. We also use the same new ammunition as the previous owner of this server such as light bolt & stars to make the game a lot more fair and not only being sorcerer viewed. We will add two different proxies as well to the server the United states (US) and France (FR) to the server so everybody could play without any lag steps or ms drops. This is the first server in a few years which is based on the CipSoft files which will include something very special as you will have to read in the server features. You will notice a huge difference between a 7.7 OT and this one, since not only does the NPCs and monsters behave totally different, our NPCs also answers to all "hidden" keywords such as excail bug. Our server also has a lot of mysterious things such as Sword of the Fury in Rookgaard and a lot more myserious quests are existing. We will have weekly PvP tournaments where x amounts guilds will be able to pay-in and win a treble price of what they pay together to get the ticket into the tournament. We will start with the original map and a few new contents will be added with time & updates, we are working on a very special content for about a month now which should be done atleast 1 week after our launch which will be dedicated to high level players.

What do we offer towards you gentle players?
We offer you an highly and extremely good and precise "new" feature, well we'd like to call it new for atleast people who own the files as we do. A experience stage system.

The experience stage works like this at a start you would have 6 times (as an example) the faster exp which by meaning monsters would always give you the 6x multipler exp, 6*5 = 30 ( the gained experience after a killing a rat). Even when you so call advance to the next multipler which by then would be 3x for example, so how did we get this system to work? Well if the stage would be 6x from 8-30 you would by then have at level 30 368300 total experience. By the same time you advance to the new stage our script will automaticlly correct your stage to the new one internally but digitally it would show you that you guys still gain the same fast experience as you would with the 6x multipler. By server save this will be calculated by the server and might double your total experience since the monster will still give x6 of what it does @Real tibia. and the RPG players which thinks OH WOW, WE CAN ABUSE THIS, well no! As by now you guys already know that our server almost always need to get a restart for an update to occur so by that we made so the system would let you exp while having the same stage (digitally) but by the time the server saves and then starts up again it would then re-calculate the experience you gained, so for an example if you would gain 600 000 experience Points while being on the new stage the system would correspond to this and make this correct with calculating it with the new stage and correct your level, so you guys should not get afraid by thinking that you lost exp on the server save. This will have an own navigation bar on our website and will be alot more detailed. So if you would gain 31-50 while the server would still be up it would re-calculate that and give you the correct level for an example 43 which you would take with the experience stage of 3.

So I hope you understand, if I made any mistakes explaining this please be gentle to ask me in the thread with leaving a reply.
What more do we offer?
What we succesfully and are really proud of to tell you guys is that we can now offer you guys to create the frag timers, how long they would be, how long untill red skull would vanish.

Gold coin & loot rate could also be highered same with spawn rate.

A beta version of our server will be available by the time of tomorrow I think so all players will be able to check out how this really works before we make our big launch this winter with alot of new misteries and islands to offer.

Sincerely,
Ecstazya

Last edited:
Also which I forgot to mention, you guys are welcome to offer us particulair names to use as the server name, the winner will be rewarded with 30 days of premium at the official server launch.

Sounds really cool! I hope you really put your effort now since we've been waiting for almost a year so you and Dennis can create this project.

Hm, wierd exp stage, but I guess it works. So people will get their level downgraded by serversave?

Hm, wierd exp stage, but I guess it works. So people will get their level downgraded by serversave?

Wondering the same as well, if so this might annoy a big amount of players.

Well you would not so to call get downgraded it will just be corrected with calculatin from the total experience uve taken while advancing to the next stage to make the server more fair. Else if we'd have for an example 10x from 8-30 people would be able to exp with the multipler 10 untill the next server save which would kill the server quiet fast imo.

Well you would not so to call get downgraded it will just be corrected with calculatin from the total experience uve taken while advancing to the next stage to make the server more fair. Else if we'd have for an example 10x from 8-30 people would be able to exp with the multipler 10 untill the next server save which would kill the server quiet fast imo.

Yeah but the thing is that levels are something for people to aim for. They get happy when they reach a certain level (i.e level 50). If they log back on the next day and see that they're set back to 43 or whatever, they could get demotivated because they feel like they lost 7 levels out of nowhere, even though that is not the case.

Yeah but the thing is that levels are something for people to aim for. They get happy when they reach a certain level (i.e level 50). If they log back on the next day and see that they're set back to 43 or whatever, they could get demotivated because they feel like they lost 7 levels out of nowhere, even though that is not the case.
this

I totally agree on that but theres nevertheless anything else we can do, I am very sorry, and its not like you are loosin levels, its just that the system calculates the exp youve taken while being above level 30 with the new multipler how much you would get, so theres nothing to loose, but yeah I understand that its confusing I'll try to make this more shapy.

I understand how it works, however 85% of the people that play will not. Most people are too stupid to read anything that is presented to them on the site, let alone comperehend that they didn't actually lose experience.

Agreed, I can see people having a big issue with exp being deducted even if it is just a correction based on what they should have received in the first place.
Personally I like low rate servers. My suggestion would be to discard the server-save recalculation and keep the stages low enough that it doesn't matter if fair players gain a little more than they should have for a few hours. The stages should also become static at a pretty low level, perhaps around 50.

My suggestion would be 1-50 @ 3x, 51 onwards @ 2x.
The worst case scenario is that somebody gets themselves to level 49 1% to 50 and then waits for server save so that they can powergame all day at 3x when they should be on 2x.
You could probably easily detect and automatically punish individuals that try to abuse the system because you know exactly when it could happen and exactly what the result would be of abusing it.

e.g. At each server save, a record is made of all current level 49's and their respective experience. The following server save that list is checked against their new experience and if it exceeds a threshold, the punishment (or recalculation as you previously described) will apply.

Agreed, I can see people having a big issue with exp being deducted even if it is just a correction based on what they should have received in the first place.
Personally I like low rate servers. My suggestion would be to discard the server-save recalculation and keep the stages low enough that it doesn't matter if fair players gain a little more than they should have for a few hours. The stages should also become static at a pretty low level, perhaps around 50.

My suggestion would be 1-50 @ 3x, 51 onwards @ 2x.
The worst case scenario is that somebody gets themselves to level 49 1% to 50 and then waits for server save so that they can powergame all day at 3x when they should be on 2x.
You could probably easily detect and automatically punish individuals that try to abuse the system because you know exactly when it could happen and exactly what the result would be of abusing it.

e.g. At each server save, a record is made of all current level 49's and their respective experience. The following server save that list is checked against their new experience and if it exceeds a threshold, the punishment (or recalculation as you previously described) will apply.
I totally understand your concept but we cannot run away from creating it possible for a character to get a new stage before the server save since the files we use are not very USF so to say, so I am sorry to dissapoint you but yeah, we cannot create a system like that.

Thinkin' of releasin a BETA server soon so you can feel how the experience stage works out and also thinkin of startin' the server in the Winter break

Keep the stage system, but don't rollback any experience. At most they will get one day of leveling with the wrong rates. Everyone can do it so it's just up to each and everyone to time it. It's fair imo.

Sorry for the inactiveness which has gone through, my wife Went pregnant so I had to spend a few more hospital visits than expected.

Me and my companin has considered this experience stage and we thought of cuttin it right open so that you have 5x to level 100 and then it start to stage down? What would you think about that? If people agrees we can get the server up by next friday.

Back