• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] DeathZot 8.60 | Custom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Major Game Update 11-7-2012

• All equipment now gives the equal stats per tier
  • Magic Dmg % Removed
  • All Weapons have been reworked
  • All spell's have been re-coded with a new formula
  • Weapons & Spells now scale on the weaponry stat
  • Weaponry increased spell & weapon damage by 1% per 1 weaponry skill
  • Obliteration & Black Hole & Meteor Storm were buffed
  • Ultimate Explosion now deals 10% more damage then poison storm
  • Ninja's ranged weapon damage was nerfed by roughly 15%
  • PvP -Damage lowered by 50%, this will make PvP more balanced
  • SD Damage increased by 20%
  • All spells & weapons now scale with level
  • Monster loot changes
  • some other stuff

Good update, now my sorc's oblit does 56k/ea wiith t3

just wanted to say that after update i have gained 400 levels, and my T3 wand damage has gone up by 5,000 (from 152,000 to 157,000) but that could just be me gaining a few skills

i also dont know if its intended but my wand does same exact damage every single hit, just a little boring to see that >.>

I saw a 1k guard hitting 70k with his wep,i on 1,3k hit 35k and im a ranger...wtfff

yeah my 800 guard hits 50k and my 500 ranger hits 17k...

I saw a 1k guard hitting 70k with his wep,i on 1,3k hit 35k and im a ranger...wtfff

Please also consider an equipment difference when comparing damage.
yeah my 800 guard hits 50k and my 500 ranger hits 17k...

Have u tried exori con on your ranger? It is pretty good from what I've seen.

Edit:
Just talked to Koodlez, he is hitting 50k with auto attack and exori con is hitting 100k. (Level 1700, t2/t3 equipment, t2 weapon)

and server down again. this shit is getting disgusting.

The person who was crashing the server reported the bug and it has been fixed, sorry about that.

Ok syn now u have walked to fucking long. When u changed the polara island npc to 2,5k cuz Xagul got pked THATS FUCKING SICK DUDE. Either u stop fucking support him or u will lose your players cuz this is to much now.

Ok syn now u have walked to fucking long. When u changed the polara island npc to 2,5k cuz Xagul got pked THATS FUCKING SICK DUDE. Either u stop fucking support him or u will lose your players cuz this is to much now.

Polara was intended for 2.5k and it was changed about 3 days ago. And what do you mean by 'walked to fucking long' I don't think I'm understanding properly. And yes it seems Xagulz is so far ahead and it's because he was leveling on monsters that had incorrect exp values and I'm currently thinking on how I should deal with it. Personally, I'd like to wipe the server because a lot has changed and I think the lack of a proper beta test caused this. But I'd like to see what everyone else thinks about it before I do anything

Well, Id say that im fine with xagulz, And im sure few people would leave the server. Since Im pretty sure im one of the only ppl that went to 1.3k manually im pretty sure that people that went throught the boring shit botting wont give a fuck to hard. I do, I think xagulz just spend alot time, didnt turn his bot off, Andh is friends helped him since e was So early t3 and moving forward for t4, Yes im pretty sure its all because of the support, not because of broken exp, Cheers

Polara was intended for 2.5k and it was changed about 3 days ago. And what do you mean by 'walked to fucking long' I don't think I'm understanding properly. And yes it seems Xagulz is so far ahead and it's because he was leveling on monsters that had incorrect exp values and I'm currently thinking on how I should deal with it. Personally, I'd like to wipe the server because a lot has changed and I think the lack of a proper beta test caused this. But I'd like to see what everyone else thinks about it before I do anything

no it wasnt i were´there yday with barber and shadow

An improper beta test lead to a fucked up start for this server. I have been testing everything before the core community reaches it and I report the flaws as soon as I find them. If you look at the top levels, everyone is pretty much linear as far as progression except me. The reason for this is because these game breaking errors are reported to synthetic before you guys even know about them (aside from a few). This server does not need a wipe, my characters are the only ones that are so far out of line with the rest of the community. Once I finish doing the "beta testing" job that the "beta testers" were suppose to be doing, I will gladly de-level my character to prevent a wipe.

Polara was changed in the recent restart/crash whichever. If there was a bad beta test, explain what went wrong. We didn't get enough time to test everything. Yes, we spent our time botting, but we did what you needed us to, I explored the whole 3k area by myself, and then the beta stopped before we could go to 4k area. If it's our fault that there was a bad beta testing phase, explain how. If you wipe it, I'm sure people will cry, I really don't care because the situation will be the same, and we will end up right back here. If Xagul is doing beta testing for you during the initial release, there's something wrong. He's posting screenies and now he's testing? You shouldn't be testing ANYTHING anymore. If there was shit that needed to be tested/looked at, you should have just done it in the beta. I know you'll reply to this and think that I'm some retard or idiot.. but idc. If you still need stuff to be tested, you should just close the server and invite Xagul to it so he can test everything without these kind of problems. People will QQ but you'll just need to deal with it. I'd rather not get to 4k to find out that stuff isn't working properly.

Polara was changed in the recent restart/crash whichever. If there was a bad beta test, explain what went wrong. We didn't get enough time to test everything. Yes, we spent our time botting, but we did what you needed us to, I explored the whole 3k area by myself, and then the beta stopped before we could go to 4k area. If it's our fault that there was a bad beta testing phase, explain how. If you wipe it, I'm sure people will cry, I really don't care because the situation will be the same, and we will end up right back here. If Xagul is doing beta testing for you during the initial release, there's something wrong. He's posting screenies and now he's testing? You shouldn't be testing ANYTHING anymore. If there was shit that needed to be tested/looked at, you should have just done it in the beta. I know you'll reply to this and think that I'm some retard or idiot.. but idc. If you still need stuff to be tested, you should just close the server and invite Xagul to it so he can test everything without these kind of problems. People will QQ but you'll just need to deal with it. I'd rather not get to 4k to find out that stuff isn't working properly.

And blaming beta testers about pvp damage is so retarded. i said several times in the beta we should be given tX's to test it but u didnt want to. We tested 1 tier in pvp it was t5 and it wasnt even made 100%

First off 'improper beta-test' doesn't imply to beta-testers, it was meant to imply to the fact that there were only 3 active beta testers out of the 20 people who got it. Also, as a server developer it's hard for me to test anything because I know every value in the server, and what might make sense to me, might not make sense to others. I don't get to see how balance plays out until there are multiple people testing one thing. You cannot balance around one/two player opinions, why do you think more popular games such as; Diablo, Path of Exiles, and even League of Legends have thousands of beta testers? It's because its easy to overlook things. Generally, developers can't beta-test because they ultimately know everything about the game (or server in this case) and it will provide inaccurate results. This is why new players on DeathZot have a hard time finding stuff out, where as me (as the developer) already know everything; resulting in inaccurate testing. I didn't say it was the beta-testers fault, I'm just saying that I should have had a bigger beta-test to get more results & feedback to better balance the server. A better example of why it takes more then one person to test something is League of Legends; a player can play 30 games as a champion and win all of them meaning they have a 100% win ratio out of 30 games with a certain champion. If you look at that player, you can say 'omg that champion is overpowered'. But then if you look at the overall champion win ratio, it might only be winning 50% of the total games played. Now is the champion overpowered because one person has a 100% win ratio out of 30 games. or is it balanced because ultimately the champion has a 50% win ratio across the board? You can't balance based off of one player, the more testers, the better results.

Orc Leathers being worth 1.8million gold per, and dropping every other orc should have immediately signaled players as a bug, but instead I find out 24 hours later in a casual conversation with Xagul.

And blaming beta testers about pvp damage is so retarded. i said several times in the beta we should be given tX's to test it but u didnt want to. We tested 1 tier in pvp it was t5 and it wasnt even made 100%

While that seems logical, it's not. In every scenario people will have different equipment. Statistically 1v1 in T1/T2/T3/T4/T5 is balanced, but when you factor in multiple people, with all different equipment it becomes a bigger scale of balance issue, rather then just saying 'well they have better equipment'.

The thing is, the beta testers obviously didn't report what was needed to be reported. Its not like synthetic asked me to beta test. I started this server with the intent of playing it just like you guys. But as I played I noticed everything was pretty much fucked. I mean we are talking from day one I was finding game breaking issues that were so obvious to anyone who actually played the server it would make a baby cry. So now I am basically a live beta tester/guinea pig or w/e u wanna call it because people in beta did not do their job.

Here is a few examples. Here is the format I will be using: "Issue - Why it was an issue (what was done to fix it)"
Frags not working - (fixed)
Barbarian Vocation - More hp/healing/damage than any other vocation (removed ih and uh from them, removed rage buff)
Orc leathers - 85% drop rate (nerfed sell price)
Runic Starstones - 150k high yield (price raised, see below)
Crafting - 20% chance to get items (chance lowered)
Tortoise Spawn - Massive exp when multiple people spam click them with party exp share. (Cooldown raised)
T1 event - High levels 1 hitting every boss in there and stealing all the loot from everyone else. (shared loot enabled)
Water elementals - Damage too high, healing too low (balanced damage, raised healing)
Barbarians - at least 4x more exp than the level 2k pirates, at least 3x less hp than the 2k pirates (lowered exp, raised hp)
Barbarians - required 2.5k to enter, npc allowed you in at 2k (fixed npc)
Polara boss loot - standard deathzot loot, bugged items ect... (fixed their loot)

The list goes on, and don't even get me started on pvp with everyone 1 hitting each other and vocation spells being useless. How was this shit not caught in beta, what were you guys doing with your time on there? Let me guess, power abusing each other for boss spawns because you think being the best on a beta server is something to be proud of? All I have to say is, don't you dare blame me for these issues. And if I am known for 1 thing on this server, it will be the guy that prevented a wipe within the first fucking week of the server. You can thank me later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back