• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Death of OT-Land

Zaggyzigzig

plx itens menz
Reaction score
This websites dead, Cant even get help like the old days... People use to reply within 10 minutes - 2 hours max 5 years back... OT - Tibia in general is dead.. Watching great quality ots drop like flys recently...

Most people are using 8.6+ servers instead of 7.6- servers, which means that the support given to 7.6- servers is much lower.

The fact you say that this website is dead mostly because you can't get support within 10-20 minutes is probably one of the reasons OT is dying. I suggest you take the time to learn about scripting/mapping/developing a server before you even get into running one.

The support board is full of leeches and one of the reasons I stare clear of it.

Educated people already quit or are retired. And new people joining everyday but no one puts time to learn. That's why. Lazy newcomers growing, educated people retiring

There's one answer to that ALL OT-Support dies...

I'll tell you a story about it..

Once upon the time, there was a great OT community who grew, it learned, helped and was becoming stronger and better..
And the one day the evil of DaoPay came, this was a great evil that was stronger than any demon in the world!
While the fight of all the good in the community, Daopays health started to fade, and suddenly another evil appeared...
The name was paypal.. this was an epic evil that slayed all the long last supporting people, none survived..
The evil couldn't be fought, and people absorbed the evil, only seeing power instead of loyalty.
Shortly people started to do things they've never imagined before... attacking each other.. so the power would only belong to one, and not all..
In matter of time, everyone is so obsessed with power, that they ignore helping the weak ones, as they don't want anyone to get too powerful.
The only way to gain help, is to offer one with power, more power.
If you do not have any power to offer, you'll not get any help.
But suddenly you come across something rare, someone offers you help and ask nothing in return... you take the chance, for a few days you learn and grow power, until one night your teacher slays you in your sleep, stealing your power and leave you helpless and broken down... to die away.. from this once great community.

There's one answer to that ALL OT-Support dies...

I'll tell you a story about it..

Once upon the time, there was a great OT community who grew, it learned, helped and was becoming stronger and better..
And the one day the evil of DaoPay came, this was a great evil that was stronger than any demon in the world!
While the fight of all the good in the community, Daopays health started to fade, and suddenly another evil appeared...
The name was paypal.. this was an epic evil that slayed all the long last supporting people, none survived..
The evil couldn't be fought, and people absorbed the evil, only seeing power instead of loyalty.
Shortly people started to do things they've never imagined before... attacking each other.. so the power would only belong to one, and not all..
In matter of time, everyone is so obsessed with power, that they ignore helping the weak ones, as they don't want anyone to get too powerful.
The only way to gain help, is to offer one with power, more power.
If you do not have any power to offer, you'll not get any help.
But suddenly you come across something rare, someone offers you help and ask nothing in return... you take the chance, for a few days you learn and grow power, until one night your teacher slays you in your sleep, stealing your power and leave you helpless and broken down... to die away.. from this once great community.
I Appreciate The Story And Time Taken for it to be Made, But nah not 100% true :p

I Appreciate The Story And Time Taken for it to be Made, But nah not 100% true :p

I have no what got into me hehe, I just suddenly felt like making a small story about 2 lines but couldn't stop write xD

I can agree on this, I miss the old days when everyone loved maps like armonia... They lookd like you made the map in 10 min but still was so fun to play.
Now we download an rlmap, add a tp to an orsha spawn in thais and wait for the money to come in.
Really miss the good old days :/

The funny thing with the way a forum works is that all previous threads exist forever. This means if you require support about a topic that has 10 possible questions and all 10 questions have been answered in the past, you could just search the forum for a similar problem to yours to find the answer. Open Tibia is no different, while there are certainly problems that come up that haven't been answered yet, there is more than likely a thread that has a similar problem to yours that would help in the solving of the problem you have. The main issue with this concept is that people are too lazy/unwilling to search/troubleshoot themselves. They would rather ask for the answer rather than learn how to find the solution.

OTLand is not dying due to lack of support, it is just refusing to answer the same damn question 7 times a day. OTLand is a resource, not a service. Use it properly!

I can agree on this, I miss the old days when everyone loved maps like armonia... They lookd like you made the map in 10 min but still was so fun to play.
Now we download an rlmap, add a tp to an orsha spawn in thais and wait for the money to come in.
Really miss the good old days :/
I try to do my best keeping the custom content alive, but the thing to remember is, these rl map servers no one complains about shitty content, no one complains about omg this new boss or new dungeon is too hard, because there is nothing new... this is why all servers are real maps now, because you get less hate for running a real map server. This forum almost drove me to 1. quit ot's in general and move to a different open source community or 2. run an rl map.
It's sad that what used to be an extremely strong building community, is now a tear down community.

1. quit ot's in general and move to a different open source community
It's sad that what used to be an extremely strong building community, is now a tear down community.

Not sure if you noticed, but this is the gaming community as a whole right now. This problem is not unique to open/tibia alone. Constructive criticism has been replaced with crying/negativity for quite some time now.
As a developer you are going to have to adapt to:
  • Crying ("OMG I CANT") = Lack of knowledge on the user end.
  • Hate/Negativity ("SERVER SUCKS BECAUSE") = Something is wrong.
  • Silence ("...") = Working properly.

Not sure if you noticed, but this is the gaming community as a whole right now. This problem is not unique to open/tibia alone. Constructive criticism has been replaced with crying/negativity for quite some time now.
As a developer you are going to have to adapt to:
  • Crying ("OMG I CANT") = Lack of knowledge on the user end.
  • Hate/Negativity ("SERVER SUCKS BECAUSE") = Something is wrong.
  • Silence ("...") = Working properly.
Yep, i'm used to it. It's sad though, all the best developers here have all left for greener pastures, and they're not being replaced by new developers. However i'm talking somewhat hypocritically as I myself am not a good scripter, I stick to mapping as it's what im good at, however i do not ask for anything on the support board, as anything i need i pay people for as if they are doing something I cannot do it's a service and they deserve money for it.

Edit: @HalfAway has helped me countless times for free, so has @Ninja but when they request to be paid for something I have no problem paying for their help, as they're both beasts in the ot world.

Last edited by a moderator:
stop whining about otland is dead blabla it may be decreased slightly in past years but to keep saying otland or ot is dying or just keeping that negative vibe won't make it any better for all of us here... it will make people lesser active or retire or whatever..

Instead lets make a reason to make otland better then before, as every company or bussines you are doing you have to keep developing your bussines, like expanding or refresh your bussines model to keep up with others or whatever..

I have been active in several forums (also non-tibia related) and it all became dead why? its always been the same forum and nothing changes it, maybe the users do.. or the game lets fuck the game and make otland how it should be after several years of existence

This websites dead, Cant even get help like the old days... People use to reply within 10 minutes - 2 hours max 5 years back... OT - Tibia in general is dead.. Watching great quality ots drop like flys recently...

The website is not dead, the fact that you can not get help is the fact that people have stopped (finally) caring about leechers. Mind you, i'm not pointing fingers here, just stating something that's pretty much true. I have nothing against people who ask for help, but I have against those who complain about not getting any. You should be aware that you're not entitled to receive help for every question you ask just by being a member on the forum. If 7+ years of OTLand's history, which you can browse with the search function, don't have the answer to your question, and you don't receive help from someone, it's time to consider learning more about that topic yourself and possibly trying to fix it.

well the game IS slowly dying, you guys have to consideer the game is more than 10 years old and new games are pumped every day, the industry is more focused on 3d games now and people move to where their friends are, in my case LoL, it doesn't mean we just need to let tibia die, I still have my shitty ot with 10-20 players on, I host it on a normal home pc without donations or such just like the old days and im still working to move from this ugly rl map to something mine, I try to map everyday, find scripts that may be useful or at least trying to make mines (im no c++ magician or lua god, Im actually young, stupid, and learned english playing this game) so I don't think this community is gonna die soon, about the helping issues, in my case, I haven't posted anything in the support forum cuz the answers are there, I can't even understand how the fuck does this game work internally, but I managed to learn a little bit after fucking everything up a million times. god it took me like 3 days to upgrade tfs 1.2 to 10.80 and I made a shit ton of ugly scripts, but here I'm, I managed to compile my own shit, put my server working without asking for help, because it is there, you just gotta use google, the search tool, and there you're, my server is full of bugs cuz I didn't pay for a fully working engine/scripts, I use only open source and I fix bugs all day.
TL;DR: HELP IS THERE, PLEASE USE FUCKING GOOGLE

Gave my OT Away, Really don't have time for it anyway... Almost a relief once you know you don't have a project anymore!

And really, this website use to be better... Its not leechers because now days you idiots call someone asking help for anything a leecher now.. Use to be everyone's a noob now everyone's a leecher.... I'd rather focus on my rl than a dieing game anyway. Good luck because most of you are worse than failure itself. (Most of you were kind but if your an asshole you know who you are! much more than those two -->@Sir Knighter @Blinkz You always loved to belittle my server! Always enjoyed your hate.

Last edited:
Gave my OT Away, Really don't have time for it anyway... Almost a relief once you know you don't have a project anymore!

And really, this website use to be better... Its not leechers because now days you idiots call someone asking help for anything a leecher now.. Use to be everyone's a noob now everyone's a leecher.... I'd rather focus on my rl than a dieing game anyway. Good luck because most of you are worse than failure itself. (Most of you were kind but if your an asshole you know who you are! much more than those two -->@Sir Knighter @Blinkz You always loved to belittle my server! Always enjoyed your hate.

The main difference is that the people who ask for help just copy and paste the code given, rather than try to learn why the code given to them works.

For instance, whenever Flatlander scripted a long amount of code (talking hundreds of lines) for me just as a PROOF that my idea could be done with lua and in Tibia. I took that and analyzed it for about an hour to try and see the thought process behind what he did and why he did it that way. I've still never used that script, hell I think it's gone now, but I learned a lot from it.

Granted, there's nothing wrong with being bad at scripting or mapping, but when people start complaining about not getting help for FREE for stuff that takes effort to learn, then people are less inclined to help you. Not to mention that most of the stuff that people need help with isn't at all unique and has been done before but people refuse to use the search feature.

I suppose that someone will ask how to create an ot server in support page someday.

This how do you call OTland is dying? oh man.

Even if you want to ask a question you should have a great experience about lua and fucking more great experience about mapping.

I suppose that someone will ask how to create an ot server in support page someday.

This how do you call OTland is dying? oh man.

Even if you want to ask a question you should have a great experience about lua and fucking more great experience about mapping.
They actually already do it, I've seen plenty of posts, even when there's like 20 guides on how to create one

Back