• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] [7.4] Realistic-War - ONLINE

Status
Not open for further replies.
played some on this server.
my opinion :
- time ring makes your character walk 2 times faster
- peoples are pretty unkillable on 2 sds
- vis lux mort hur way to much dmg
- druids should have 5 mlvls higher thans sorcs

Time ring with strong haste and boots of haste at level 31 puts you in a speedboost on normal floors. So yes, your statement is correct, and fyi it is indeed intended.
Depending on high/low rolls on your SDs/bursts you might not be able to kill someone with 2 SDs all the time, that's where exevo gran vis lux, exevo mort hur, ultimate explosion, burst combo and summoning creature comes in handy.
If druids were to have higher magic level, a team of 2 druids would be almost undefeatable being capable of healing eachother and paralyzing people while simultaneously dealing a high damage output. Sorcerers are intended to deal more damage than druids, it's always been like that. They're not supposed to be balanced in damage output, that's why exevo gran vis lux and exevo mort hur exist.

Time ring with strong haste and boots of haste at level 31 puts you in a speedboost on normal floors. So yes, your statement is correct, and fyi it is indeed intended.
Depending on high/low rolls on your SDs/bursts you might not be able to kill someone with 2 SDs all the time, that's where exevo gran vis lux, exevo mort hur, ultimate explosion, burst combo and summoning creature comes in handy.
If druids were to have higher magic level, a team of 2 druids would be almost undefeatable being capable of healing eachother and paralyzing people while simultaneously dealing a high damage output. Sorcerers are intended to deal more damage than druids, it's always been like that. They're not supposed to be balanced in damage output, that's why exevo gran vis lux and exevo mort hur exist.

another sick thing is u nerfed lvls, so peoples can walk with utamo all time and 1v1 a guy using manas on utamo can keep full mana all time when u using sds on him, pathetic

We nerfed levels a long time ago, and it's been working out quite well. If we had higher levels, you still wouldn't be able to kill him easily since damage from SDs is mostly dependable on magic level. If you can't bring a guy's mana down, then I suggest you to practise your aim or stay down at sewers where it is easier to hit SDs. What level would you suggest would be good then?

another sick thing is u nerfed lvls, so peoples can walk with utamo all time and 1v1 a guy using manas on utamo can keep full mana all time when u using sds on him, pathetic

i think you should keep watching punio streams 24/7 becouse ot developing ideas are not your strong side. this pathetic word at the and was very constructive feedback XD

i think you should keep watching punio streams 24/7 becouse ot developing ideas are not your strong side. this pathetic word at the and was very constructive feedback XD

so login u will spam sds on me and i will mana myself, keeping full mana all time, whats point?

We nerfed levels a long time ago, and it's been working out quite well. If we had higher levels, you still wouldn't be able to kill him easily since damage from SDs is mostly dependable on magic level. If you can't bring a guy's mana down, then I suggest you to practise your aim or stay down at sewers where it is easier to hit SDs. What level would you suggest would be good then?
nvm, keep utamo vita ots if you are stupid i guess u think i started tibia yesterday

so login u will spam sds on me and i will mana myself, keeping full mana all time, whats point?
oh right, 2x sd and no 100% kill? cant easy solo target becouse he can refill mana? yeah lets start drama on forum :D

my official suggestion is to change server name to unrealistic-duels insted of realistic-wars :D

I miss the days when you weren't as brave as you are today. You used to be so reasonable. Sad.

Anyways, give us suggestions on what we could do to improve the gameplay. Do you want to be able to kill anyone on two shots everytime? Or just sometimes? Druids, as Kaspar is mentioning above, has other advantages as exura sio through walls, massheal and paralyze that only takes 400 mana. Mana shield is not going anywhere, but I am open for discussion. I have previously asked Kaspar what he thinks of limiting it in different ways, but we never had a real discussion about it. Help us out and be friendly.

nvm, keep utamo vita ots if you are stupid i guess u think i started tibia yesterday
Doesn't matter when you started, some people have been living life for 35 years and they still suck at it. So imagine the situation where we remove utamo vita, people would then be forced to toggle energy rings, or keep it on constantly. As a solo player, you'd get completely shutdown if you try to battle in the sewers without manashield, and being slow in sewers will make you an easy trap target.

If you want, I can show you how to solo a person who uses utamo vita and constantly recovers his mana with manafluids. There are many ways, a simple one is just to run away from him towards a 1 sqm narrow path, he will most likely magic wall infront of you to trap you, and then you magic wall 2 sqm behind him, you are both now trapped, but there is a sqm empty. Summon a demon skeleton, and suddenly you have him trapped with a demon skeleton hitting 150+ damage each hit. Combine with SD and he's dead within seconds. If he uses utana vid, good, his mana will go away even quicker. Simply use exana ina and finish him off.

Obviously it's just you who need to improve your gamestyle rather than us to change the whole server just for your needs.
Make a suggestion on our forum about removing utamo vita, and if enough players sign it, we'll consider it. But as for now, no changes will be made regarding this matter. Thanks for your opinions.

I miss the days when you weren't as brave as you are today. You used to be so reasonable. Sad.

Anyways, give us suggestions on what we could do to improve the gameplay. Do you want to be able to kill anyone on two shots everytime? Or just sometimes? Druids, as Kaspar is mentioning above, has other advantages as exura sio through walls, massheal and paralyze that only takes 400 mana. Mana shield is not going anywhere, but I am open for discussion. I have previously asked Kaspar what he thinks of limiting it in different ways, but we never had a real discussion about it. Help us out and be friendly.

brave? no i just said my opinion, you guys think im attacking you or what
druids has to be more mlvls since they cant use vis lux mort hur (BTW 180dmg both) and ue
look now when u got full eq + roh (same speed as time ring + regen as i remember) or just time ring, u got really nice speed then and you get hitted 100-130 by sds

tl:dr
disadventage for e ring users, since with time ring you are two times faster
lvls are nerfed, utamo vita server

I was in mood for playing but just read that you've not changed anything with utamo vita, so I suddenly don't feel like anymore. It is literally the most annoying shit on all war servers (being able to mwall your spot immidiately, even on sidestep, is the 2nd most annoying, idk if you changed that). Noobs play on mana shield all the time and spam manas. Run away when low on mana, fill it up, come back, repeat, and think they are good.
"Practice your aiming" - when it comes to 1v1 even 100% accuracy won't help. And EVEN IF you manage to drain his mana, then look above.
It's not about levels, 30 are fine and funnier than 50, but you should again consider removing utamo vita. For people who wanna be on mana shield all the time (noobish style), there's still an infinite energy ring. It shouldn't be that you can have both mana shield + speed boost from time ring at once. Forcing to choose between that could balance it a bit. Either that, or make manas cause exhaust for spells, just like it was back in the days in tibia (everyone's gonna cry I guess).

my official suggestion is to change server name to unrealistic-duels insted of realistic-wars :D

Actually, shooting sds and filling your mana up on mana shield in the same time is the least "realistic" part here. It's never been possible in tibia.

Last edited:
You're talking about realistic stuff as if the name implies that the server is a replica of old Tibia. It's not correct. And either way, you're contradicting yourselves with wanting to remove utamo vita; how is having utamo vita removed, a part of old Tibia?

What are your names ingame @kay and @KovalComeBack? Or what was it previously if you currently do not play? I'm curious because obviously you haven't played enough to realize that removing utamo vita is a very bad idea.

Regardless, I strongly urge you to post at our own forum under the Suggestions thread if you want any major changes to happen.

How about mana shield makes u slightly slower? Mana shield uses soulpoints? Mana shield lower duration, similar to haste? Mana shield can fail and break ring/spell? Suggest whatever you want and me and Kaspar will bolla idéer as we say in sweden

You're talking about realistic stuff as if the name implies that the server is a replica of old Tibia. It's not correct. And either way, you're contradicting yourselves with wanting to remove utamo vita; how is having utamo vita removed, a part of old Tibia?

No, I didn't mean that, I was just reffering to the quoted post.

What are your names ingame @kay and @KovalComeBack? Or what was it previously if you currently do not play? I'm curious because obviously you haven't played enough to realize that removing utamo vita is a very bad idea.

Regardless, I strongly urge you to post at our own forum under the Suggestions thread if you want any major changes to happen.

Why does my name even matter? Are you one of those sick about names who judge people by nicks, if they are "known" or not? Known = good pvper, unknown = noob? Cause I don't really get what you want.
I have played realistic, realistic-like, and hundreds of other war servers for years. Under probably 1564 different random nicknames, ever since the first war-like ots came online, around 2004 or so. And?
Seriously, it's your server and you can do whatever you want with it, afterall. But if you wanna discuss, then formulate a proper reasoning instead of using these argumenta ad personam "you are newbie, you know shit". Why is it a "very bad idea", then?
Cause I proposed it long ago, explained all what and why, but all you've given back since then was "no, because no", and now that I "obviously have not played long enough".
Why not give it a try?

How about mana shield makes u slightly slower?

That's what removing utamo is about.
Remove utamo vita -> people got to use energy ring for mana shield -> they get slower (no time ring) -> everyone has to choose between safety (mana shield) or faster speed (time ring) but much more risk -> good players will switch rings depending on situation -> others got to learn that too for better playing -> harder playing, more things to focus on, higher risk to fail, less boring.
As it is now, the server favors people who use utamo, those who switch rings are in disadvantage. It questions the general idea of "war" server. It's supposed to be all about killing and dying (with high chances for both), not minimal risk and endless battles until one dies of boredom.

Last edited:
Granted that its been a while since i played, but i don't share that experience at all. Sure skilled players that are also using mana shield are a lot difficult to kill, but it is also a billion times more satisfying to nail these players. If it would be too easy it would get boring. Your Idea will only work if players get more skilled an survives longer. But before that is achieved i think the majority has already quit

Granted that its been a while since i played, but i don't share that experience at all. Sure skilled players that are also using mana shield are a lot difficult to kill, but it is also a billion times more satisfying to nail these players. If it would be too easy it would get boring. Your Idea will only work if players get more skilled an survives longer. But before that is achieved i think the majority has already quit

The problem is not that skilled players are hard to kill now. Even the not-so-skilled, cause all you have to focus on is spamming manafluid which is too easy. One failed mana fluid won't make you die, while one failed uh or ring change in most cases would.
"If it would be too easy it would get boring." - that's the fucking point here. It is too easy to play like that, hence it's boring as fuck.
It doesn't get boring when it's easier to kill people, cause it always works both ways, for others it'd be easier to kill you too.
So in general it's about more deaths and risk for everyone = much more intense playing = less boring.
Why do you think playing a mage in this game is funnier than a knight?

The "skilled players" are not difficult to kill, but impossible to kill (unless you have a team). And don't tell me I "need to practise". Cause in 1v1 I can just stand still, so you would sd me every turn (100% accuracy), and I'd still keep my mana full and sd you from time to time with ease. How is that enjoyable?
I don't get how people can even find it satisfying to play with literally zero risk.

Last edited:
I agree with a lot that Kay is saying here, the mana shield hysteria is indeed a problem. It's been up for discussion before but I understand that removing mana shield completely is a bit drastic. There has to be other ways to deal with it. In my opinion something should be done to the spell itself, since if we do something to the mana fluid it will also affect those who don't rely on mana shield in the same way but still needs mana for other things, though not getting the benefit of mana shield for that mana.
I actually like Ond's suggestion about a speed decrease when on mana shield (the spell obviously, you're already slower when you use the ring). Can't believe I haven't thought about that before. Sure, it may lead to people toggling rings instead to get the speed but there's no drawback to that. As a ring player myself I'd actually recommend it since it's funnier to know you can actually die at any given moment and that affects every move you make. I would like to think it's generally funnier to play like that but we're all different.

Off to another matter, and I'll be turning on my own vocation here but I think something has to be done to exura sio. It's become too powerful a tool and combined with mana shield it's ruining the gameplay in my opinion. In 2 versus 2 battles the player being drained can just run and spam manafluids while his team mate heals him. Sure, this is not a major problem, rather an annoying detail, since there are ways to deal with it but then we also have those teaming in sewers (or anywhere for that matter) with 3 or more people, where it escalates. You get one of them trapped with your team mate and shit's looking good, but then his other two team mates can heal him from any given position as long as they're on the screen (even 1-2 sqm outside the screen too if I'm not mistaken). Having two healers he can then focus on spamming mana fluids and, yea, a lot is going to have to go in your favor to kill him.

The point is, whether it's 2 vs 2, 1 vs 2, 2 vs 3 or whatever the case - mana shield is already a problem and exura sio is making it way worse. And as strange as it sounds as I'm a druid myself and have this spell instead of powerful spells with good damage output, I'd like it to be nerfed somehow. I would rather take a slight damage boost to druids than having exura sio in it's current shape (or at all) but regardless of what happens to druids' damage, sio has to be limited in my opinion. Either reduce it's healing properties (to like half? I don't know, maybe more), remove the possibility of healing through walls and magic walls, make it cost soul points so it can't be spammed endlessly, increase the mana cost quiet a lot or change so that you have to be within a certain range for it to work.

And another thing, is there a reason why spilled mana fluids don't show on the ground? I get the idea that it'll be messy with spilled mana fluids everywhere but it would at the same time be possible for players to spot people who never/very rarely miss a mana fluid and report said player. Because let's face it, a normal player WILL miss mana fluids every now and then. Right now it's very hard to see if a player is using a bot for drinking mana fluids. Not saying this is a good idea or anything, however discussing it doensn't hurt, it just struck my mind as I was typing.

Well, let's start from the bottom and let us then climb up.

I am fairly sure that the mana given by fluids back in 7.4 was 25-75 (this is half of what it is on 7.6, makes sense to me) I will confirm this allegation by watching cams (yeyy)
The thing is that the mana now, on the live server, gives between 40-80 mana per usage. So if I am right about the wrong amount given, this might help a little bit. This is something I can investigate and then maybe change earliest 17:00 CET today, and if I can't make it today then I will do it tomorrow.

NOW if this doesn't have enough effect, I will talk to Kaspar and see what he thinks of reducing speed while mana shield condition is on.

About exura sio, what do? Perhaps reducing it to heal max 50% of target health would be efficient. IDK

The thing is @kay, if we remove utamo vita, everyone will die by noobs spamming exevo mort hur. Sure, the server has low-population right now, but what if we have 35+ players, and I decide to go to sewers with 10 people spamming spells. First off, I'm too slow with my energy ring to evade traps, and if I want the time boost, I'm dead in an instant. I do get your point of view, but basicly you're asking "make it easier for everyone to die".

@hsaN About the exura sio part, this is the exact reason why druids will never get any damage boost. We'll leave it as is for now.

What might help fix your guys' problem (exura sio and utamo vita) is what @ond just mentioned above; lower the mana gain of mana fluids from 40-80 mana per usage, to 25-75 mana per usage. Does this sound like a good idea to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back