• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New Stairs

Xagul

deathzot.net
Solutions
Reaction score
For a very long time now one of the most complained about things within the player community has been "noob stairhopper". I think it has always been a problem with how floors work in tibia that makes stairhopping such a cheesy mechanic in PvP. Cip did a horrible job at limiting a players ability to attack after jumping up/down stairs. This is such a shit mechanic because while it does prevent the abuse in PvE, coupled with push delay, it completely ruins the experience in PvP making it nearly impossible to kill someone at stairs without a rather large group of players.

I have been talking to some friends about this for some time now but never really tried to put it in the game and see how it would turn out. Please keep an open mind and understand that this is just a concept test. It is nowhere near ready to be put into a server but just serves to show the basic mechanics of how stairhopping could work to make it more realistic.

Fast Stairs:

Slow Stairs:

Multiple Stairs:

Last edited:
I think it's an exaggeration imagine a piece of the locking INQ and fleeing on stak take damage

I don't design things around real tibia so not to be rude or anything but... if this conflicts with something in real tibia then I couldn't give less of a shit.

We've discussed this extensively before, but I like this prototype.

It should take time to climb the stairs, be interrupt-able (meaning another player can stop your climb), and you shouldn't auto-lose target just because your target moved up or down a floor.

Targeting should persist through floor change, and still use the distance system to determine if you lost your target. (each floor change should add +2 to the current 'distance' your target is).

Added a little video showing how multiple stairs in a row could work as well!

Nah as in what?

Do you like the fact that the client is the thing preventing you from fighting/killing someone, and not skill or supplies, or even raw power?

ur just bad if u cnat kill stairhopper LEL

What if your try to escape from a random pvper? Then the stairs are good as they are..?
But it's a good idea.

Maybe only for people who are in a fight with skull or something? Would be annyoing for a innocent bystander.

well I guess I'm too noob about Tibia knowledge and this stairhoping thing.
Why not just add 1 sec or 2 sec stair exhaustion if that is so big problem?

its not problem in real tibia
its only problem in shit ots with bad pvp

Maybe only for people who are in a fight with skull or something? Would be annyoing for a innocent bystander.

Hmm, good point. That's how I can see this being a problem.

In real life, we can run up stairs (double or triple steps). How it currently works definitely isn't perfect, but it's not entirely unrealistic.

Cool idea, though. ;) The speed should vary.

Good job, but no. This ruins the fun of being fast, and it is very slow. Maybe a good for a OTS with a story (one man server).

Good job, but no. This ruins the fun of being fast, and it is very slow. Maybe a good for a OTS with a story (one man server).
it was suppose to PVP fix. you cant pvp in one man server.

Back