• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

World of Hyjath - Return of the Heroes

Do you have any thoughts about looking at the attack speed?

Personally I'd love to have faster attack speed, but nothing like a machine-gun!
Maybe 10-20% faster and 10-20% less damage or something to let it scale down!

Great idea, could be something to do when we're balancing the vocations.

We've been discussing something similar to this (basic):

Knight: Give knights a bit higher health regen, better defense when wielding shield, higher damage when wielding 2-handed weapons. Look over spells and create a single target "exeta res" with 100% taunt effect.

Paladin: Look over bows/x-bows and ammuntion. If you choose shield + stars for example you've to do a bit lower damage compared to a bow. Or maybe a bit faster attack with bows and x-bows? More single-target spells that does pure damage based on your distance/weapon skill.

Sorcerer: Lower mana costs of offensive spells. Lower cooldown on "Hells Core" and "Thunder Storm" etc. Make sorcerers more effective with offensive spells without making them to IMBA. Maybe even make them hit a bit harder with SDs compared to Druids. New spell suggestion: More AoE and maybe some kind of mana drain.

Druid: Lower cooldowns and mana cost of all their health/support spells, also "exura" etc. compared to a Sorcerer. Boost the support spells giving magic level to party etc. Make Wild Growth hold longer and more usuable in PvE and PvP situations, same with Paralyse. New spells suggestion: "Heal mana for a friend" and Chain Heal or something similar.

Yay or nay?

Last edited:
Do you have any thoughts about looking at the attack speed?

Personally I'd love to have faster attack speed, but nothing like a machine-gun!
Maybe 10-20% faster and 10-20% less damage or something to let it scale down!

I like your idea, we will have to lower the melee skill gain aswell then. But it makes everything a bit more "fast-paced" if we up it a bit.
We will take your idea into consideration :)

We have had our eyes on attack-speed already, so it's plausible that something might be done :)

I'd be careful playing this reborn server, server was open for 4 months then closed without notice.

I'd be careful playing this reborn server, server was open for 4 months then closed without notice.

You are absolutely right. The server was closed. You can also read this at our main post:
"When the server had been running for about 4 months WoH began to die, slowly. No new players were coming and during peak hours we had about 2-4 players online. Therefor we decided to take the game down and start to revamp it and prepare for an even better release."

We can agree it might've been a bit sudden but we had to do it. Still with 0-3 players online for about the last 3 weeks, it cant be a surprise that the server had to be taken down. The last days we had less than 3 unique logins every day and two of them was just in and out. Also 95% of our old players wanted us to do this and appreciated it, since they agreed on that we needed more players in order to take WoH even further.

We had to evaluate how we would like to increase our playerbase, we needed more to offer and the solution for this was WoH - Return of the Heroes.

You suggestions for rebalancing vocations sounds great, all ideas sounds like good design to look into. I'll try and brainstorm myself and see if I can give you some more suggestions!

Eagerly waiting for the release!

@vorless yeah, you are right, it was sudden but it was no suprise if you had been playing on the server. Since most of the original players left after a couple of weeks there were only a couple dedicated players left which kept leveling. How would you like to join a server where you had no chance of catching up to their levels and there was none else to party up with to hunt properly with share exp? Imo that's no fun at all, the server should have a fairly broad base of low-high level players to make it keep running and Blixmo & Faceless took this into account and wanted to create something even more magnificent so please, atleast give them another chance before you decide how it is :)

Hope to see you in there at the release vorless!

You suggestions for rebalancing vocations sounds great, all ideas sounds like good design to look into. I'll try and brainstorm myself and see if I can give you some more suggestions!

Eagerly waiting for the release!

@vorless yeah, you are right, it was sudden but it was no suprise if you had been playing on the server. Since most of the original players left after a couple of weeks there were only a couple dedicated players left which kept leveling. How would you like to join a server where you had no chance of catching up to their levels and there was none else to party up with to hunt properly with share exp? Imo that's no fun at all, the server should have a fairly broad base of low-high level players to make it keep running and Blixmo & Faceless took this into account and wanted to create something even more magnificent so please, atleast give them another chance before you decide how it is :)

Hope to see you in there at the release vorless!

you are very welcome, like anyone else, to throw as many suggestions at us.
We will take anything RPG-related and serious suggestions into consideration. :)
That one goes for all of you :) If your want your fingerprint on the server, throw us some of your ideas! :)

would also love to see some more content for 150+ and maybe even 200+, more spawns/quests

would also love to see some more content for 150+ and maybe even 200+, more spawns/quests

There will be a lot more end-game stuff in this version. Custom monsters and bosses, content, instances and dungeons.

Great idea, could be something to do when we're balancing the vocations.

We've been discussing something similar to this (basic):

Knight: Give knights a bit higher health regen, better defense when wielding shield, higher damage when wielding 2-handed weapons. Look over spells and create a single target "exeta res" with 100% taunt effect.

Paladin: Look over bows/x-bows and ammuntion. If you choose shield + stars for example you've to do a bit lower damage compared to a bow. Or maybe a bit faster attack with bows and x-bows? More single-target spells that does pure damage based on your distance/weapon skill.

Sorcerer: Lower mana costs of offensive spells. Lower cooldown on "Hells Core" and "Thunder Storm" etc. Make sorcerers more effective with offensive spells without making them to IMBA. Maybe even make them hit a bit harder with SDs compared to Druids. New spell suggestion: More AoE and maybe some kind of mana drain.

Druid: Lower cooldowns and mana cost of all their health/support spells, also "exura" etc. compared to a Sorcerer. Boost the support spells giving magic level to party etc. Make Wild Growth hold longer and more usuable in PvE and PvP situations, same with Paralyse. New spells suggestion: "Heal mana for a friend" and Chain Heal or something similar.

Yay or nay?
imo the vocations were pretty balanced as it was, giving druids lesser hits with sd would make them really hard to solo lvl later on

imo the vocations were pretty balanced as it was, giving druids lesser hits with sd would make them really hard to solo lvl later on

You are correct, but maybe upping their exori spells alittle to make it easier for them to solo like that? Might make it unfair but there is some solutions for that :D But yeah, it should not hinder Druids solo end game vs Sorc solo end game.

I think it's gonna be pretty focused on partying up tho in late game? Which pretty muich puts druids in the healing spot either way.

Well, this was just some ideas. Making Sorcerers hit harder with SDs may not be the solution. But as it is today there is no reason to play a sorcerer except that you get a bit more effective waves for solo hunting. A Knight rather hunt with a Druid than a Sorcerer, 99% of the time. Also Druids in PvP with Sio and Paralyse is better than a Sorcerer.

We wan't to make the sorcerer a bit more offensive compared to how it is today, so it's worth playing them for more as a solo character. How we're going to do this is not 100% decided yet, but thanks for your thoughts about the SD part! Just keep the discussion alive and bring us your ideas and thoughts, that's what we want! Thanks.

imo sorcs are way better to hunt solo later on than druids, u could just lower cooldown of there exevo vis hur and some other spells. But imo it is way easier to power lvl a sorc later on than a druid

Stop using those fugly grass border's over the hole area, its exhausting to look at, atleast make small border's out of instead.. Its squarish and if you gonna focus on new player's that didnt play last time, you should think over the mapping.. Cuz all the player's i played with in-game and quitted was because very much because of the mapping.. It's not fun exploring when you have spent 5 minutes on making almost a hole content with autoborder and doodads.. Have some shape atleast.. If you make things smaller it tends to look better aswell, Like the dragons spawn you had outside the main city, it wasn't fun exploring at all..
About Vocation balance, it was very good, except i found it very hard hunting solo with ek, monsters heal much and took extra time hunting compaired to the mage's /Dunno about Archers...

Add custom spells/obtainable in missions or boss quests. And quests like "inq" should be more entertaining.

We've not talked to one player who left because of bad mapping. It was rather the lack of end-game content, bad release/advertise and the low player base that did it. Sure, we got negative feedback on some areas but none left because of that, atleast not the majority. But I agree that some areas are in need of a revamp and we're currently working on that, there will be a lot of improvements overall, so stay tuned! We will release some "before and after" pics soon. And yes, you will also fnd more dungeons, "quests like inq" and custom spells in WoH - Return of the Heroes. Thanks for your feedback.

We've now changed our sources to latest TFS 1.0. This brings us a lot more sprites, monsters, mounts, outfits, new animations and other stuff to play with. One new thing with latest TFS is the new chat bubbles. These bubbles will incidate if the NPC got a quest for you, is talkable or is looking for a trade, yay or nay?

1_0_1.PNG

Last edited:
Really looking forward to see it back online with improvement's!
Beside of what ive earlier said, the rpg feeling was true, and its a long time since i really enjoyed a custom rpg server :)
Its a bit hard to follow a server, considiring i work at sea, and will be away for time to time ;p

Really looking forward to see it back online with improvement's!
Beside of what ive earlier said, the rpg feeling was true, and its a long time since i really enjoyed a custom rpg server :)
Its a bit hard to follow a server, considiring i work at sea, and will be away for time to time ;p

So true :p i really enjoyed playing this server a lot! also because the community was really nice :p(small but nice).

I hope to see a lot more new riddles and secret quests :) if you ever need a beta tester give me a pm

H'okay everyone! We've made some mapping improvements to old areas.
As we started off the spot where every character embark their journey, we quickly saw
some areas that needed some care.

As we have upgraded to 1.0, there are also plenty of new toys to play with.
Here's a picture of renewal :)

oracle.gif

Hello everyone,
This thread got deleted because we broke some of the "discussion rules" without knowing it. But thanks to OTLand they re-opend the thread for us and we fixed the issues.

We've been working a lot to get all our current scripts to work with latest TFS 1.0, revamps and some cool new sprites. Another thing we've been talking about is to make a much more advanced fishing system. We think fishing has great opportunities and there is a lot to improve with the current one.

We're thinking something like 15-20 different fishes that will be possible to catch in different waters and with special rods. The special rods will require x amount of fishing to use and there will probably be some kind of fisherman in-game to help you get started. The fish you catch can be used to cook special food or you could deliver them to Doobie Doo for free dishes. Also if you're lucky you might be able to fish up treasures from the sea.

Some sprite examples created by Faceless:
rqnNYT0.png
P4Laav2.png
ZVAi90k.png

What do you think about this? Yay or nay?

Hello everyone,
This thread got deleted because we broke some of the "discussion rules" without knowing it. But thanks to OTLand they re-opend the thread for us and we fixed the issues.

We've been working a lot to get all our current scripts to work with latest TFS 1.0, revamps and some cool new sprites. Another thing we've been talking about is to make a much more advanced fishing system. We think fishing has great opportunities and there is a lot to improve with the current one.

We're thinking something like 15-20 different fishes that will be possible to catch in different waters and with special rods. The special rods will require x amount of fishing to use and there will probably be some kind of fisherman in-game to help you get started. The fish you catch can be used to cook special food or you could deliver them to Doobie Doo for free dishes. Also if you're lucky you might be able to fish up treasures from the sea.

Some sprite examples created by Faceless:
rqnNYT0.png
P4Laav2.png
ZVAi90k.png

What do you think about this? Yay or nay?

Like it very much :) When do you guys think about to start the server? :p

Back