• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

World of Hyjath - Return of the Heroes

Blixmo

Reaction score
logo.png

What is WoH?
WoH is a custom low-rated PvP/RPG Server. Dedicated to those out there who has a aspiring explorer inside them. This server thrives to give you the best RPG feeling, with tons of puzzles, riddles and strange mysteries to solve, quests to challenge you, monsters to defeat and a lot of land to discover! It's also worth to mention that you will be playing in a PvP environment. So choose your comrades wisely and be prepared for PvP fights, Guild Wars and other war events.

The first version of WoH was developed for almost a year and then released by Blixmo and Zeuch. When the server had been running for about 4 months WoH began to die, slowly. No new players were coming and during peak hours we had about 2-4 players online. Therefor we decided to take the game down and start to revamp it and prepare for an even better release.

What will be different in WoH - Return of the Heroes?
When the first version of WoH was running we collected a lot of feedback and stored it all. Return of the Heroes will be a huge revamp of WoH based on your feedback and ideas and of course some other stuff from our own minds. Blixmo is still in charge for the coding but our old mapper Zeuch is now replaced by Faceless. Faceless is a really good guy with awesome design and mapping skills, so be prepared for some custom sprites and other cool stuff. This time we will also put a lot more effort into advertising and preparing for our release and make it as good as it possible can be.

What can you expect?
- A beautiful custom map created by us
- New content and revamp of our old one
- Tons of custom quests and excited quest lines
- A challenging game play, with some special configured bosses and monsters
- Improved Party System, so that you may play with your friends and enjoy it as much as possible
- A lot of RAIDs and custom events
- Balanced vocations
- Custom end-game items with our own special sprites
- Custom end-game spells
- Revamped and new sprites for some of the original monsters

How can I help?
The things listed above is just a handful features and not everything that will be available, since it wouldn't be fun if we spoiled it all. In this thread we will post pictures and information about our progress and you will also be able to discuss it with us. And if we're going to make this version of WoH better we need your help. Let us know what you liked or did not like in our last release or what you would like to see more of for example.

Thanks,
/The WoH Staff

Last edited:
Our first step on the road was to fix a long wanted questline.

Doll_%28Dread%29.gif
Magi Isles.
Doll_%28Dread%29.gif

~ A featured questline. ~

There once were 4 powerful arch mages, they individually lived in their own tower, on their own island. They all disappeared. That's where you come into the picture! You are to help an old Wizard / archaeologist to learn lost-mages story and find their powerful relics! Let me tell you about the lost ones.

Argina Wyrmsworth. An exotic and mysterious Witch, that learned a way to draw powers of resonating crystals. She found a crystal-cavern on an island and build her tower close by! Her life has been some of a turmoil, when her parents died in a raging magic-storm and her brother was lost. But pages from her diary also tells of a true love.

Solnis Fennicle. A mage that studied the universe and the magic of the stars. He was an eccentric and believed learning the secret of the universe, was the key to infinite wisdom! The other mages did not believe his magic was a true source. In his ever attempt to prove them wrong, he tried to lift his isle up above the skies, but without help from his colleagues, he failed and only got the isle so far. His ever attempt to achieve greater knowledge of the skies never seemed to stop.

Morgalis Harth, a mage of Balance. He had power over Life and Death. Morgalis had no goal but to secure the worlds perfect state of balance. His love for Argina strengthened his bond with Life magic, and kept everything around him to sprout with life. But life comes with a price. He would take what had died, and give life to something new.
A misfortunate happening with Argina, broke Morgalis’ heart, and his will over life-magic was lost. Living with only death, morgalis’ surroundings started to rot.

Cedric (last name unknown) Is mage that had lost his memory of his past. He had a never-ending hunger for knowledge for creatures. He was rumored to be the most powerful summoner there ever was, it is said he figured an unorthodox way of summoning creatures. But that information was lost with him.

Perhaps you are able to discover the fate of our ancient inhabitants of the Magi Isles. And even better… Find their relics and treasure!

Last edited:
Some minor changes:

We've decided to lower both the experience and skill rates a bit in WoH - Return of the Heroes. The main reason for this is to make the mid-game last a bit longer.

New experience stages:
1 - 149: 8x
149 - 199: 5x
200 - 299: 3x
300+: 2x

New rates:
Skill: 15x
Magic: 4x

We will also remove the Premium Scroll from our shop and give "free premium" to everyone. The shop will still be the same without any "pay 2 win" items or so.

Yay or nay? :)

Very good discussion thread!! can't wait to play this again :) are you guys gonna add new riddles also?

I don't like the logo tho :/ the background is fugly imo and the gold/demon are out of place. i liked it more when it was just the letters

Last edited:
Very good discussion thread!! can't wait to play this again :) are you guys gonna add new riddles also?

I don't like the logo tho :/ the background is fugly imo and the gold/demon are out of place. i liked it more when it was just the letters

Are you dissin' ma logo,?!
Hahah allright hehemidu, we will redo it, dont want it to be "fugly" :)

Well we will be adding alot of new puzzles. New riddles is very possible to happen too, atleast we listen to all feedback
so that is very likely happen.

Owh that hurts! :)

Instead would you please elaborate how it could be improved?
We will gladly take your critique and make the map a better
experience to the players.

Cheers
for starters you can look at real tibia, even copying cip's style would be an improvement

Allright!
Well i am sorry you dont like the current aesthetics.
but improvements can be made i suppose.

I don't agree Schmanky on the mapping, from what I can see you are doing a completely different style then cip and that's a good thing!
This means you won't be one of the other "lets copy rl tibia since it's good but we don't want to play rl tibia" which is something I would wanna refrain from playing tbh, it's one of the reasons WoH has been so great to play on before.

And following cip's style is not a recipe for greatness as you can see rl tibia is losing more and more players all the time.

Lower skill rates and exp rates sounds reasonable, the more you are pushed towards partying up instead the better in my opinion!

How do you feel about having "secret" quests or just quests you have to explore to find? There was some before as the deeplings one etc, I would personally love to have more of those to give an incentment to explore more!

Free premium sounds really good! It's a big YAY from me! On a sidenote; I never thought it was a bother to buy premium before since it gave you offline training.

I don't agree Schmanky on the mapping, from what I can see you are doing a completely different style then cip and that's a good thing!
This means you won't be one of the other "lets copy rl tibia since it's good but we don't want to play rl tibia" which is something I would wanna refrain from playing tbh, it's one of the reasons WoH has been so great to play on before.

And following cip's style is not a recipe for greatness as you can see rl tibia is losing more and more players all the time.

Lower skill rates and exp rates sounds reasonable, the more you are pushed towards partying up instead the better in my opinion!

How do you feel about having "secret" quests or just quests you have to explore to find? There was some before as the deeplings one etc, I would personally love to have more of those to give an incentment to explore more!

Free premium sounds really good! It's a big YAY from me! On a sidenote; I never thought it was a bother to buy premium before since it gave you offline training.

The free premium is to eliminate any form of advantage of training, as people with offline training will get further with their skills than others. :)

On that matter there will be items in the donation-shop that will make life "easier" for you in the World of Hyjath, but it should not give you an upper edge over your fellow players. :)

The secret quests, is probably also something we will be adding aswell. We haven't discussed it, but we will put it under our suggestion board and consider it! :)

for starters you can look at real tibia, even copying cip's style would be an improvement

I'm not a mapping snob like others, but I really like the mapping. I loved the way they utilize the alternative grass borders and made the grass area look like it had different levels of feeling via grass. It's one of the things I first noticed when this thread first opened, and I really, really liked it. I wish you guys a lot of luck this time around. I believe I tried this server out 2+ years ago and I really didn't like what I saw (if my memory is serving me correctly, which it sometimes doesn't). Regardless, that would be the past, and I hope your rebirth sets you on an amazing path.

Thanks for all your feedback, means the world to us! There will be more riddles, secrects and other fun stuff. We've not just decided exactly what and how much yet. Also there is some unsolved mysteries left from the old version of WoH ;).

We're now working on revamps of old areas. For example will Blowshine (loved by few hated by many) will get a new structure. Pictures are coming soon.

Another thing we're working on is to make it easier to walk down deeper in caves. You should not always have to walk 400 SQMs to get down one level and fight harder monsters.

Last edited:
Do you have any thoughts about looking at the attack speed?

Personally I'd love to have faster attack speed, but nothing like a machine-gun!
Maybe 10-20% faster and 10-20% less damage or something to let it scale down!

Last edited:
Back