• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

A new 7.4 server coming this summer!

Amoaz

Faloria owner
Reaction score
A brand new 7.4 server will see the light this summer. We do not yet have an ETA of the server, and there is still some work to be done to it.

The purpose of this thread is to get the communities thoughts and proposals, so we can have them in account when creating our server, even though most parts (gameplay vice) will be exactly as most of you want them (Faloria/Mastercores style).

First of all, we got some new people involved in the project, while Znote is taking a break from developing. Therefor I thought Id give you guys some background of the people working on it this time and what they will be doing.

Amoaz/Adam
Adam, a 20 year old student from Sweden who is currently on his gap year before university. Known to the forum for the servers Faloria (co-owner) and Mastercores (staff). Will be working on client and scripting mainly, as well as overlooking and planning all other development.

Chris/Christopher
Christopher, 23 year old web developer from Sweden. Known to the OtLand community as a former Global Moderator and a very fine web developer. Christopher will completely rebuild our website from the base and provide us with very high quality code, as well as help us organize and improve our database.

Znote/Stefan
Stefan, a Norwegian IT student, known on the forum as the legendary global moderator Znote. Will hopefully show up in-game from time to time and provide player support with his blue cape, but has for the moment decided to step down from the project and remain semi-active within the development, and focus on keeping our current server (http://faloria.eu) online.

Emil
Emil, 21 year old swedish IT student and CO of a hosting company. Emil will handle everything that has to do with our servers (DDoS protection and maintenance) and make sure you get a smooth experience of our world. As his working around hosting machines daily, he got plenty of experience in essentials for a successful server nowadays, such as DDoS protection (hardware and software/firewalls) and troubleshooting. Emil will also be looking over the sources and implant all C++ improvements.

WwL33G.png
th8vqS.png

For those who never played Faloria or Mastercores, here comes some information about the server itself.

The server will solidly be based on the golden days when the 7.4 client ruled. We are using a 7.7 client to allow DirectX9 and OpenGL support, so you can have a smooth experience while playing. All items, spells, monsters, spawns, blackboards, books, signs and quests that you could find on 7.4 will be there and the good old CipSoft realmap. At the same time, we have put our own lil twist to it with some unique features to make it even more interesting and enjoyable.

Some of those features are:
- Spikesword quest in rook for the once that choose to stay there.
- Golden Account (Since we offer FREE PREMIUM to all players, including all features that comes with it, we instead have a Golden Account. More info about this later in this thread)
- Staged experience (For example, you'll gain level 8 17x faster than original Tibia. At level 15 you will level 12x faster. And around level 50 you'll level 3 times as fast. But at level 100, you'll only level 1,6x faster.)
- 2x lootrate
- Increased skill rate and magic level rate.
- Very active and helpful staff, that punishes cheaters hard.
- For some more information about the server, please check out our old advertisement thread here: http://otland.net/f43/germany-faloria-7-4-custom-client-174475/

What is different from last time (Faloria)?

The server we are now developing will be very similar to the Faloria server gameplay-vice, however, there will be alot of edits behind the curtains to make the gameplay smoother and better.
We also learnt alot from the launch of Faloria. As both me and Znote had big doubts about players, we decided to start out cheap. When the launch came and 100+ players logged in instantly, our server simply couldn't handle it and it was a big fiasco until we had organised a new server a few days later. We also rushed alot of things, such as the website. This time we promise to have a strong dedicated, DDoS protection and a polished and shining website, with ALL the functions available from launch.

And for those who wonder, Faloria will still be kept online, and has now been online for almost 6 months, without any char reset.

As far as it goes for donations, there will be no items or runes available from the shop. We will stick to having the Golden Account as the only option, as we provide free premium for all players. The Golden account gives the player the following features:
-1% less loss from deaths
-Permanent light (utevo gran lux)
-Access to all mailboxes without postman quest
-All outfits will become available
-Possibility to buy house
-Shared party experience when hunting with your friends!
-Trade with the djinns without doing the quest (just get level 30 and head to the Ankrahmun mountains)

Ofcourse, we want all your opinions. What did you enjoy the most from the old server? What did you dislike? To help you Ive made some points that we would really like to hear community feedback on:

-Magiclevel/skill rate, should it be kept as it has been before (5x skill rate and 4x magic rate) or increased?
-Stairjump, should we enable delay or not?
-Spawns, some spawns are known to be abit overspawned. Should they be kept that way or fixed?
-Should we have a USA proxy/is there any good amount of players from that part of the world that would be interested in this?

Thanks for taking time and reading it all through before you make a comment! We are not interested in having discussions about other servers in this thread, and all such posts will be ignored and threaten as spam. All updates about this project will be posted in this thread!

Get away from Avesta!! That's my biggest suggestion.

I wish you the best of luck, though.
Red

Goodluck guys :)

Also i agree with Red :D

Looks good, best of luck to you! Will there be a jobs thread?

Depends on what you are looking for. At the moment we are doing OK with the development and dont really need someone else to help us with it, however, we might recruit some new Gamemasters.

Get away from Avesta!! That's my biggest suggestion.

I wish you the best of luck, though.
Red

I Dont see any real purpose of doing so. Changing to a downgraded TFS, which would probably be the first opinion, will result in alot of issues and likely bugs that we haven't already tackeld.
Our Avesta engine has however been around for a good while and has been patched and upgrade with alot of new code.

Why do you say stay away from Avesta? ;)

Because there are better alternatives. The Avesta engine for old servers is pretty much outdated (I dont mean features, but the code).

-Should we have a USA proxy/is there any good amount of players from that part of the world that would be interested in this?
YES! We dont have ANY server to play. the only one we had (Waropolis) changed to France. Please take a look I know loads of guys from mexico, venezuela, chile, brazil and even from usa and canada waiting for a server hosted in usa(there are only noob ots with trainers and GMs dont care if 100% of the otserver is using classicbot). Maybe a way to donate via SMS/Call (Expensive) so you can profit for it because 90% can't donate via paypal

YES! We dont have ANY server to play. the only one we had (Waropolis) changed to France. Please take a look I know loads of guys from mexico, venezuela, chile, brazil and even from usa and canada waiting for a server hosted in usa(there are only noob ots with trainers and GMs dont care if 100% of the otserver is using classicbot). Maybe a way to donate via SMS/Call (Expensive) so you can profit for it because 90% can't donate via paypal
realots is usa host i think with nl and de proxy?

Yeah it is. so? this is not only for me
I highly recommend to put it that proxy because there are many players who really need it.

-Magiclevel/skill rate, should it be kept as it has been before (5x skill rate and 4x magic rate) or increased?
-Stairjump, should we enable delay or not?
-Spawns, some spawns are known to be abit overspawned. Should they be kept that way or fixed?
1.- I didn't played with a knight/paladin but magic level was a real problem that could be easy to fix but nobody changed it before. I remember that manasticks were too low, everyone had more than 3 chars to make runes, yes I used mc because that was the only way to not loss all my day making runes to exp some.
2.-I dont know but i dont feel like talk about this, im sure you will fix this.
3.- You should fix them :)
4.-Yes. my idea is to make a way so usa players can donate for the service with extra cost like 10 dlls(so you can have 7~) via sms since almost nobody from my country(and the near ones) dont have a paypal account. This will be like pay for golden acc + usa proxy via SMS.

Back