• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

No more Gms in Tibia.com.. okay.. ?

RealSoft

Banned User
Reaction score
Source:
Tibia - Free Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game - News

Open Letter to Gamemasters said:
ear Gamemasters,

we have already informed you on the private board that the time has come for our paths to split. At the end of August, the era of volunteer gamemasters will come to an end. It is far from being easy to bid farewell to such an amazing group like you - the team of gamemasters.

Yet, times are changing and our approaches to rule enforcement that have worked in the past do not work so well anymore. That it worked for so long is a result of your immense efforts and your devotion. But we cannot cling to old ways if we see that new approaches, strategies and new solutions are necessary to face new challenges and to meet the needs of the community and our customers more closely. Of course, it was not you who failed but the system. A system that has become outdated because time has moved on and we need to move with it.

Over all those years, you devoted countless hours of your own time and energy to your gamemaster tasks and all of you had something unique to contribute. Many times, you put smiles on players' faces when you took the time to deal with their problems and concerns on a personal level or even when you just listened to them, trying to be a shoulder to lean on.

Nevertheless, being a gamemaster was not an easy task. You had to put up with harassment, with frustration by players who blamed you for decisions you did not make, and last but not least, you often found yourselves in situations in which you sorely felt helpless because of the lack of tools and powers. You felt like we were not giving you the chance to work really efficiently and effectively. You were limited in what you could do by limitations which were set by us – limitations we had to set.

So yes, we had our differences, our challenges and we even had disagreements but we always managed to talk about them. Indeed, we overcame many difficulties even though we could not solve all of them. You were able to look beyond previous differences and were always willing to work together with us and to support us since we were all trying to achieve the same goal – making Tibia a happier and better place.

You were an awesome team and it was great to see the support you gave each other and to watch friendships grow.

You know that our vision is to establish a new group of voluntary helpers in the future. A group which is focused on the role of active helpers, providing answers for players who have questions or problems without playing a role in rule enforcement anymore. We sincerely hope to see you among these helpers once this new group has come to life even though that may still take some time. You always helped those in need, you were and still are beacons of inspiration for us all, for the community and for CipSoft. For some, you are legends.

The day when all of you will have to put down the blue cape that you have always worn with honour and dignity is coming closer.

So today, we want to stop for a moment and thank all those amazing people who ever held the position of a volunteer gamemaster.

Thank you for your outstanding work and dedication.
Thank you for your support and loyalty and for all the great moments we shared.
Thank you for your helpful input and your honest criticism.
Thank you for helping and guiding players, for inspiring others to volunteer, for sharing your knowledge and wisdom with the community and with us.

GM_thanks_framed.jpg

We want to especially thank...

Aestyn, Alevina, Amethyste, Arwin Winddancer, Arya Firethorn, Borr Henceforth, Bragol Amarth, Dragonas, Elfarran Brightsoul, Elucidatus, Exilya, Faerwynn, Fryan Skyseeker, Havey, Incangel, Khazregi, Klior, Kosari, Lantheos, Laylee, Nazzurok, Nietzsche, Ogfetan Riglan, Queen of Light II, Ramorien, Roland Deshaine, Ryrik, Sulwyn, Utey Frozenshard, Virsaemna Heartlistener, Wilfred of Mayhem, and Xane Doombringer

... for having walked this way with us till now.

We want to let all of you know - no matter if you are retired today or still wearing the blue cape - that it was a great pleasure and a privilege to work with you.

We bow to you.

Your CipSoft Team

First off I would like to say that CipSoft is seriously peeing on their gamemaster, seriously!
Most gamemasters have been there for nearly 10 years, and now they just get kicked out like some rats with words "we need move on"..

Secondly.. without gamemasters, we can probably expect that channels in almost all worlds will be spammed with hack links, Non English subjects and what so ever and you will have to face it the way that they will be able to do that for AT LEAST 12 Hours!
Even thought Gamemasters are rare in Tibia.. they catch those ugly faces with just matter of time which use to be 1-6 hours...
Noobs fared to post any links because they often know that 1 link, can end with a ban after already 10 seconds.

But now normal players will have to report these spammers, and in that way it can take up to days until CipSoft does anything at all.. and that's just sad..

Well.. what can I say? Welcome everyone to join Tibia.com! No matter what you do! you'll have at least 12 hours to send your items to another characters if you think a ban is coming.

Secondly the report function.
people report each other when they talk about fun stuffs. what the hell? do Cip really have so fucking much time to sort all reports out? isn't better to let gamemasters do that and Cip stop being lazy with updates and work a bit more on updates than sit on their lazy asses sort out reports everyday which anyway mostly taking a long time.

I know a guy in Inferna got banned because he was joking with a guy and said something that is bit "ugly" in ears of children. and that was enough to get him banned... to be social and talk with friends...

Myself.. people that know me, do very well know I'm very happy for joking around and sometimes I can go pretty heavy in my mouth depending on who I talk with.. (I don't go with Sex jokes to a 11 year old kid...)
I'll be banned within days because I joke with someone, I bet that actually...

Tibia isn't a free will game anymore... it's like sect or anything! one mistake and they throw a ban hammer in your head.

Free air, Free country, that means that you should be able make a joke out of anything without consequences.
But that air have disappeared from Tibia.com.
Make fun about your own mom will end with banishment.
Make fun about CipSoft failed with a house that is missing walls.. ban..
Make fun about some ugly shit eq, bann..
Say hi to CipSoft member, ban
Say you saw gm 1 year ago, ban..
take a breath in Edron... ban..

more or less...

Well.. what should we say? everything but CipSoft is trying to make everything more free... sad that CipSoft is walking back to the ages of 1600's but their items is coming from the year 3075 with all their hardrock t-shirts and all other shit (that exist in tibia which is supposed to be a 1500's relating game)

I think I've said enough..

Comments... what you think about CipSoft decision make everything more limited? both freedom and the spirit of Tibia.

Well, actually, I agree with you. They made a mistake to take this decision. There aren't that much GM's on every world now, and now (End of august, when the GM's are gone) it will be spammed with hack links etc.. and it won't be safe for any1 anymore. RL will get f'ckd up and there will come more ot servers, I guess. More ot servers means more rl map servers, wich sucks...

Regards,
Klaien.

they already implemented the auto tool for botters(bans like 500x more botters than gms used to I guess), added report name, statement options working other way(they stay doesnt matter if you are online) so it SHOULD work

It shouldnt technically mean the end of Opentibia servers, it should only end updating..so probably if they do stop tibia, we'll only have it up to that point:p

http://otland.net/f257/tibia-removing-all-gms-95857/
+ wrong board. Discussion board for OpenTibia in general.
It's very correct board. it's a discussion.
the other thread seems just to be a random one therre everyone "om noes plxor"

Just quit Tibia if you don't like it, simple.
Omg facepalm, quit OT if you really dislike noobs make cash LOL.
I made a discussion thread, by the way I don't play CipSoft seriously.. haven't done since the 7.8 update came.
but I suppose it's forbidden to be in a game unless I bot 24/7 or play VERY serious, in your opinion?

If elfbot gets detected like NG I will cry:(

they are already being detected lol...
they detect ALL bots.. ALL... EVERY Single One Of Them..

what did you expect? CipSoft to ban 40 000 players at same time? lol... they limit the ban waves so they wont stand there later with 200 players online on all worlds together.

I can't believe people still think CipSoft can't detect all bots just because you know one guy have ONLY been banned 500 times and says he never got banned..

Last edited by a moderator:
tibia rl is not an open tibia so fuck it and move it ^^

They said its the end of volunteer gamemasters. Probably means they will hire a few CMs to do the work instead of inactive GMs.

@Troja: Jaja I see you want to be gm of otland

@Realsoft: You say it sucks that cip removed gms. You state channels will be filled with hacklinks, insults and more. Then you finish by telling the story about someone who was banned by a gm on a faulty reason? What the??

Back